• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

left my pilgrims passport at home....

scubajunky

I just realized I have left my guidebook ( no big drama) and my pilgrim passport from my previous Camino( sjpdp to burgos ) in the house, does that mean I cannot stay in the alberge etc ?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I take it you are in Burgos to continue your Camino and if this is the case you can pick a passport up at the Cathedral. If you are really stuck just get a notebook and get that stamped.

I just realized I have left my guidebook ( no big drama) and my pilgrim passport from my previous Camino( sjpdp to burgos ) in the house, does that mean I cannot stay in the alberge etc ?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You can definately get one in Santiago and probably in Astorga but I'm not sure where in Astorga.
In Astorga you can obtain a Credencial at the albergue de Siervas Maria. The albergue is open everyday generally from 10:00 to 23:00 and located on a hill at plaza San Francisco on the east side of Astorga next to Roman ruins just as you enter the city. Buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We have just finished walking from Astorga to Santiago and needed a new credencial as someone went a bit sello mad... As good as impossible to get one after Sarria because you only need one from there to get your Compostela. If you know you'll need two, make sure you get one well in advance! We were told several times that this or that place would definitely have them and they never did.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Does that mean I cannot get one in astorga or not ?
You can get one in most of the Astorga albergues. (San Javier website says they do not have them, but I have bought one there.)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a little store across from the Gaudi muse and the square that will sell you a passport. There is a small sign on the door. Ask the people at your hotel or in a bar or someplace near there.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sorry have been offline for a while but the other posters are right, you should be able to get one in Astorga. Also oddly in the first bar when when you come up to Alto de Poio!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back