• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Len's Camino getting close!!

Len Dacombe

Len from Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
April/May 2015 & September 2015
Well my departure for "Camino 2015" is getting close. I depart Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada on April 5th (Easter Sunday monrning) and arrive in Paris the morning of April 6th. Train connections will require me to overnight in Paris (near Montparnasse train station) and then grab the 12:28 AM train to Bayonne. A short stop over in Bayonee and then on to SJPP. Staying in SJPP the nights of April 7th and 8th to get my sleeep cycle adjusted a bit and then I'll start walking on the morning of April 9th. Anyone else staring on the 9th?

Getting excited!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well my departure for "Camino 2015" is getting close. I depart Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada on April 5th (Easter Sunday monrning) and arrive in Paris the morning of April 6th. Train connections will require me to overnight in Paris (near Montparnasse train station) and then grab the 12:28 AM train to Bayonne. A short stop over in Bayonee and then on to SJPP. Staying in SJPP the nights of April 7th and 8th to get my sleeep cycle adjusted a bit and then I'll start walking on the morning of April 9th. Anyone else staring on the 9th?

Getting excited!!
Hy Len , sorry no I begin my camino at the 18th of April in Sjpdp. I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Buen Camino to you too!!!
Our camino is getting closer also. We have a direct flight to Paris from Toronto on March 29 and then the next day we are boarding the train to Bayonne and onto STPDP. We have nothing booked but will spend the night and also see if we can take the Napolean route otherwise the Valcarlos way. Our actual walking will start April 1. If they are open we plan to stay a night in Orisson. We are ready eventhough training has been slow because of the deep freeze constantly. Take care Len. Safe journey. Maya

Our camino is getting closer also. We have a direct flight to Paris from Toronto on March 29 and then the next day we are boarding the train to Bayonne and onto STPDP. We have nothing booked but will spend the night and also see if we can take the Napolean route otherwise the Valcarlos way. Our actual walking will start April 1. If they are open we plan to stay a night in Orisson. We are ready eventhough training has been slow because of the deep freeze constantly. Take care Len. Safe journey. Maya

You may want to check out this nice B&B if you're staying in SJPP.

http://www.errecaldia.com/

Getting excited!!
Hi Len! Happy to see a fellow Winnipeger make it to the Camino. I am going in September 2015. Let me know how it goes! Buen Camino my friend!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Len! Happy to see a fellow Winnipeger make it to the Camino. I am going in September 2015. Let me know how it goes! Buen Camino my friend!
Hi Greta

I am actually heading back to the Camino with my wife in September 2015 to walk a portion of the Astorga to Santiago leg as part of a tour. I'm going in April (one week) on my own to celebrate my retirement and do a career "reset" so to speak. :>)

When in September are you going and where will you be starting? Maybe we'll run into you, I mean walk into you!

Cheers

Len

Hi Greta

I am actually heading back to the Camino with my wife in September 2015 to walk a portion of the Astorga to Santiago leg as part of a tour. I'm going in April (one week) on my own to celebrate my retirement and do a career "reset" so to speak. :>)

When in September are you going and where will you be starting? Maybe we'll run into you, I mean walk into you!

Cheers

Len

Congratulations on your retirement! I am thinking of starting in El Cebiero. I only have 14 days in total so this is about 7 days of walking and the rest is to sight see and travel time. I think I will fly into Madrid. I have not decided my exact dates yet. What are your dates? I will look up astorga. I am just learning all the places along the trail.

Have great walk in April!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your retirement! I am thinking of starting in El Cebiero. I only have 14 days in total so this is about 7 days of walking and the rest is to sight see and travel time. I think I will fly into Madrid. I have not decided my exact dates yet. What are your dates? I will look up astorga. I am just learning all the places along the trail.

Have great walk in April!
We will be starting in Astorga around September 11th . Astorga is about 325km away from Santiago and we will be walking about 120 Km of that in pieces. It's a tour and it is what the others attending can do at the moment. Nothing wrong with a vacation in Spain!!!!

In April I will attempt the whole thing from SJPP to Santiago. I'm giving myself about 45 days for walking and resting.

Should be an adventure. Best of luck planning yours. If you're interested I have started a blog:

apostlejamesfootsteps.blogspot.ca

Cheers

Len

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We will be starting in Astorga around September 11th . Astorga is about 325km away from Santiago and we will be walking about 120 Km of that in pieces. It's a tour and it is what the others attending can do at the moment. Nothing wrong with a vacation in Spain!!!!

In April I will attempt the whole thing from SJPP to Santiago. I'm giving myself about 45 days for walking and resting.

Should be an adventure. Best of luck planning yours. If you're interested I have started a blog:

apostlejamesfootsteps.blogspot.ca

Cheers

Len
I wish you all the best! I will watch your blog for updates! Thanks.

Buen Camino, Greta.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back