A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Leon accomadation

Hi Ivar,
I remember reading a posting for hotels/hostals in Leon near the cathedral but can't find it. We fly into Madrid Sept. 11 and will take train/bus to Leon that day. Can we stay at a hostal if we haven't started walking yet? Other posts suggested the convent. We want to book a spot fairly soon for 4 people. thanks, jayne

Advertisment

WolverineDG

Veteran Member
Donating Member
You should be able to stay at the convent. I found it to be very nice (separate dorms for women & men, except married couples) & all for a donativo.

Kelly

Advertisment

Whalleyranger

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
My other half recommends the Hotel Paris which is very close to the cathedral, and is on the Camino itself on C/ Ancha. After a day travelling you'll want a nice-ish place to stay before the rigours of walking and refugios start the next morning!

Remember that the convent has a 9pm-ish curfew but you can get your credencial from there.

Jayney,

you shouldn't have any problem to stay in the albergue if you are going to walk the next day. I've done it many times.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 67 17.0%
  • May

Votes: 104 26.4%
  • June