• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leon hotels

holhum

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning for Leon to Santiago June 2019
Well the flights are booked, and I will be arriving by train from Madrid to start walking 31 May or 1 June next year. I want to stay one night in Leon somewhere where I will get a good nights sleep before starting to walk the next day. Hotel is fine for one night, then it will be the albergues as I walk. Suggestions? Thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Paradores in Leon is fantastic and a good price for a Paradore. Plus, the Camino is just outside the front door. I also recommend the "Pilgrim Dinner"; its a little more expensive than other pilgrim dinners you'll have but you wont be disappointed.

Hotel Spa Paris, I always stay there, too early to book now.
Buen Camino

Hotel Spa Paris is certainly a decent shout, it's reasonably priced, very central and use of the pool, sauna etc. is a nice way to loosen up before walking, my only negative would be that the rooms themselves seem a little dark/depressing to me, but if you're just sleeping that really isn't an issue.

I've just stayed at The Hospideria Monastia Pax which has lovely big spacious rooms for a goos price on booking.com and has the bonus of being attached to an albergue so you can start to get the Camino buzz and maybe start building your Camino family early. Downside is that it's a little further from cathedral etc. but still very close.

Both are great choices.

I recommend Hotel Colegata isadoro plaza ex monastary lots of history free guided tour of building attached to beautiful chapel. Quiet but near everything and on camino route.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The Paradores in Leon is fantastic and a good price for a Paradore. Plus, the Camino is just outside the front door. I also recommend the "Pilgrim Dinner"; its a little more expensive than other pilgrim dinners you'll have but you wont be disappointed.

Last I heard, when I stayed there in May 2017, was that the Paradore in Leon was closing at the end of Oct 2017 for a total renovation of the "newer" section. Any one able to advise if it is closed??
As for using one of those "booking agencies", may I suggest contacting the hotel directly, advise that you are a pilgrim and ask if they have a pilgrim discount!! You never know, nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hospederia Monastica Pax is run by Benedictine nuns. They also have an albergue, which we did not stay at. This can be booked on booking.com. The rooms are wonderful! Beds are excellent....great bathroom. Good breakfast buffet (extra). Spotless. Not far from center of town. Good acoustics..will not hear neighbors, mostly quiet neighborhood. Highly recommend! It can be a little tricky to find initially, so either take taxi from train station, or plot route out ahead. It is not far from the main Correos office and a 7 minute walk to Cathedral. You will feel safe here starting out! Staff friendly! If you have time, visit the cathedral in Leon, windows are really stunning collection!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The León parador is closed for much needed refurbishment, will not be open for a couple of years

Hotel Spa Paris, I always stay there, too early to book now.
Buen Camino

Yes; I like that one too. It has a water spa -- which is lovely for weary walkers. Also: the churros in the main floor restaurant are very nice. I found the prices great, and the location is great for seeing the old city.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well the flights are booked, and I will be arriving by train from Madrid to start walking 31 May or 1 June next year. I want to stay one night in Leon somewhere where I will get a good nights sleep before starting to walk the next day. Hotel is fine for one night, then it will be the albergues as I walk. Suggestions? Thanks!
Hotel Paris in middle of town seemed fine very central Buen Camino

You can not be more central though quiet.
Book directly and not via a bookingsite for a better deal.
http://www.hotelqhcentroleon.com/

I agree with Sabine. I stayed there twice and it was really nice. The hotel is located right behind the cathedral and if you get a room on the upper floors, you will have a view to the towers of the cathedral. The rooms are not very big but very comfortable and the breakfast is yummi...

I've stayed at hotels in Leon three times on 3 separate caminos. The first time was at Hotel Paris - a 3 star hotel which I agree was great, (top location in the old town) but yes, the rooms are in need of a refurb. Last year I stayed at Hotel Conde Luna which, if you book direct, will give you a pilgrim discount - fabulous hotel but 4 stars so a bit pricier. In July this year I stayed at the Alfonso V - another fabulous hotel - modern and really cool - 3 stars and IMO worth a 4 star rating. The buffet breakfast for a reasonable additional charge was excellent value. Very friendly and helpful staff. Alfonso V gets my vote.
Best of luck with your selection -
Buen Camino and cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed at the Hostal Albany and highly recommend it. Don’t let the name fool you, it is a hotel. It is located right off the cathedral square, so it’s a perfect central location, yet it’s on a quiet side street. The private rooms are quite comfortable. I’ll stay there again for a rest day when I return in 2019.

Hotel Colegiata San Isidoro. It is beautiful and connected to the church that has the Holy Grail on display that you can visit. It is quiet and peaceful. Right on the Camino.
Sorry alleged holy Grail, whether it is the real thing or not it is worth seeing

They had a pilgrims blessing in the chapel in evening it was relaxed with a young fella translating. The priests from chapel stay in the hotel /monastary met them next morning for bfast they have there own table.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I stayed at Hotel Le Petit and really enjoyed it. Near the cathedral and reasonably priced in 2015. Our room on the third floor (elevator) had an awesome terrace with table and chairs that looked right out eye level at a nearby stork's nest with mama and babies. Also the inside window shutters kept out ALL noise on the street below as there were bars and revellers all night long on the May 1st weekend!

I’d agree with Marbe2 and the PAX. Can walk 1k from train or bus. Right off Camino on quiet plaza. Old Jewish quarter path 1 block behind it very interesting. Was there 2 nights this week! Very nice/Booking.com

Attachments

• 28E7FFCC-75F2-40F6-BAD8-B5BA9B2CD018.jpeg
    28E7FFCC-75F2-40F6-BAD8-B5BA9B2CD018.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hostal Riosol is about 300m from the train station and a short walk to catch up to the Camino leaving Leon. Stayed there last night and clean and nice.

Hostal Riosol is about 200m from the train station. Clean and nice-stayed there last night. Also a short walk to catch up to the Camino leaving Leon.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Definitely the Hotel Real Colegiata San Isidoro! Plaza Santo Martino 5 it’s lovely, interesting and atmospheric; also convenient for seeing Leon, is next to the basilica and right on the Camino, perfect for an early start the next morning. Buen Camino!

I will be going on my first Camino in 2019. Flights booked end of April to Madrid, train to Leon, and then two nights in Leon before starting to walk on May 1, 2019. I am going with 2 other friends, one of whom has done two Caminos in the past. For the three of us, I booked an AirBnB place in Leon that got very good reviews. Here's the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14461892?s=51 The only thing is that you have to pay when you book, but if you don't mind that, it might work for you. Each of us is paying about $31 to stay for two nights.

@holhum
If you want an inexpensive room, clean and quiet, right on the camino, I recommend Hostal Don Suero. I have stayed there twice. It is very close to the parador, where the route splits (camino Frances left, camino Salvador right). Not luxurious, but comfortable.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There is also the Albergue San Francisco de Asis, a university residence with space for pilgrims and tourists throughout the year. Feels like a hotel. Nice double rooms w/bathroom and small ‘dorms’ with 3 bunks & bathroom. Good prices, friendly staff. Just outside the medieval wall, 10min walk to cathedral.
Includes breakfast and free laundry service. Av Alcade Miguel Castanos 4

I’ve stayed twice at La Posada del Grifo. Decent bed with nice linens, and a really great kitchen on the main level. It’s right on the Camino (across the street from Albergue San Francisco), so you avoid getting lost in the maze of that town.

I’ve stayed twice at La Posada del Grifo. Decent bed with nice linens, and a really great kitchen on the main level. It’s right on the Camino (across the street from Albergue San Francisco), so you avoid getting lost in the maze of that town.

Agree with lizanne definitely, Definitely the Hotel Real Colegiata San Isidoro! Plaza Santo Martino 5 it’s lovely, interesting and atmospheric; also convenient for seeing Leon. Three times I have stayed great food.

Used to be. Before its renovation, the rooms for senior peregrinos used to be at €110 and 120.
Now? the cheapest rooms cost €170 to 200. For me, there is a limit to pay for being pampered.

There are plenty of other very nice and well-located hotels in Leon at much more reasonable rates.
(Check out HospederiaPax @ €57 right off food street and cathedral)

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back