• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leon to Santiago

JoJo50

Time of past OR future Camino
April -Leon to Santiago
Hi - First Camino.
Starting in Leon first week of April to walk to Santiago (end of Easter). If the path only opens in St Jean in April will there be many people walking from Leon in early April? Most starting SJPdP will not have reached Leon by the time we leave? I would prefer if there were others on the path as its just myself and my daughter. Any thoughts. Anyone walked it at that time ?Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Welcome to the forum! More people start in Sarria than SJPP, way in front of you. There is no chance of being alone in April. Even though its not a very busy time, people start in all the towns along the way, and you should have plenty of company. Also, people depart from SJPP year round. Its just the first day, the Napoleon pass, that is closed, and pilgrims follow the route through Valcarlos to Roncesvalles in the winter.

Buen Camino!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi and welcome to the forum. You are right in thinking it will be less busy at that time of year this year because Semana Santa will be finishing. However, there will definitely be other pilgrims on the camino. It seems to get busier each year. If you want company just choose to sleep in any of the Brierley recommended stops or any of the larger towns along the way.
Buen camino to you and your daughter.

pilgrimsbymonth-jpg.39357

Attachments

• pilgrimsbymonth.jpg
    pilgrimsbymonth.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 277
If you look at last year when Easter was in April there were about 26 pilgrims a day setting out from León around Easter, so I suspect you will have plenty of company with most of the albergues being open but not full.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you for taking the time to reply . It looks like I will have some company along the way.

Hi - First Camino.
Starting in Leon first week of April to walk to Santiago (end of Easter). If the path only opens in St Jean in April will there be many people walking from Leon in early April? Most starting SJPdP will not have reached Leon by the time we leave? I would prefer if there were others on the path as its just myself and my daughter. Any thoughts. Anyone walked it at that time ?Thanks

My teenage son and I will depart Leon on 8 April (for our first Camino - an adventure, in many ways - but something I've been planning for about six years). You will probably be ahead of us by a few days, and we'll probably travel slower than others around us, but we'll be travelling with you in spirit.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My teenage son and I will depart Leon on 8 April (for our first Camino - an adventure, in many ways - but something I've been planning for about six years). You will probably be ahead of us by a few days, and we'll probably travel slower than others around us, but we'll be travelling with you in spirit.
How lovely for you and your son. Such a special time together. I am looking forward to walking and talking and sharing everything along the way with my 22 year old daughter. Travel well and enjoy every moment.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back