• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leon to Sarria

Ulysse

I will have to leave Leon to go to Sarria in mid-october.
What is the best method to get to Sarria as quickly as possible ?
Thanks for your replies.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Ulysse and welcome to this forum!

I would take the bus to Lugo and then change to Sarria from there. Sarria is a small place, so no direct bus from Leon (as far as I know).

Leon - Lugo, see http://www.alsa.es [edit: corrected url] (available in English)

Then for the Lugo - Sarria stretch, have a look at these threads that are on a similar topic.

viewtopic.php?t=76
and
viewtopic.php?t=108

You will find some more bus schedules here:
http://www.santiago-today.com/bus-sched ... ostela.cfm

...but not for the Lugo - Sarria stretch. I put up these schedules in June this year, and it seems like I have made a note saying that there is a bus from Lugo to Sarria at 18.00 (true as of June 17th).

Please note, connection to Sarria from Lugo workdays at 18.00 (as of June 17th 2005). Operated by Castromil.

I hope this helps,
Ivar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You could also go by train to Lugo - http://www.renfe.es - three trains per day, about 4 1/2 hours and costs about 28 Euro.
Then bus to Sarria.
Sil

:D I type too fast... I did correct the url. Thanks for catching that.

About the cost of a taxi from Lugo to Sarria... I would not know. I have never driven that stretch... maybe 50-60 euro? Just a guess.

Maybe with the train option you do not need to worry about it?

Welcome to Santiago!
Ivar

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi I'm going to walk from Sarria to Santiago via Leon in June. but I want to make sure there is a train from Leon to Sarria. I read some sources stating that there is a 5am train to Sarria. Can someone confirm this fact? Really appreciate the help.
By the way, I can't read Spanish. I got on the train ticket website provided above, but it didn't help. does this website have an English version?

LEON 04.45 05.00
ASTORGA 05.32 05.34
PONFERRADA 06.34 06.36
O BARCO DE VALDEORRAS 07.10 07.12
A RUA-PETIN 07.21 07.23
SAN CLODIO-QUIROGA 07.42 07.44
MONFORTE DE LEMOS 08.07 08.20
SARRIA 08.45 08.46
Trayecto 1º: ALVIA 00622 LEON MONFORTE DE LEMOS 17.14 20.13
Trayecto 2º: ARCO 00723 MONFORTE DE LEMOS LUGO 20.35 21.37
LEON 17.09 17.14
ASTORGA 17.43 17.44
BEMBIBRE 18.26 18.27
PONFERRADA 18.42 18.43
O BARCO DE VALDEORRAS 19.17 19.18
A RUA-PETIN 19.28 19.29
SAN CLODIO-QUIROGA 19.49 19.50
MONFORTE DE LEMOS
MONFORTE DE LEMOS 20.35
SARRIA

The bus:
Leon Sarria 10:15 15:50 5h 35min 19.48€ LMXJV
Leon Sarria 16:45 21:15 4h 30min 19.48€ LMXJVSD
The early bus is weekdays; the late bus is every day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.