• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LePuy Route During Easter Week

tominrm

Time of past OR future Camino
I will be in Lyon(3 nights) and LePuy(2 nights) during Holy Week and start walking on Easter Sunday. Do you see any problems with this schedule? I know that if I start from Sevilla, it would be a mistake. Will I have problems with lodging in Lyon and LePuy, or the first night in Saint Privat de Allier? If so, what would you suggest? The flight to Lyon on the 9th has already been reserved.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be in Lyon(3 nights) and LePuy(2 nights) during Holy Week and start walking on Easter Sunday. Do you see any problems with this schedule? I know that if I start from Sevilla, it would be a mistake. Will I have problems with lodging in Lyon and LePuy, or the first night in Saint Privat de Allier? If so, what would you suggest? The flight to Lyon on the 9th has already been reserved.

I can't speak with great confidence to what you will find lodging-wise in Lyon and LePuy during Holy Week. My guess is that they will be busy enough that you'll want to work out your bookings in advance.

I arrived in LePuy on Easter Monday last year and had no problems with lodging that night, or on any successive day after that. I was told LePuy had been fairly crowded on Easter which, I am guessing, was compounded by Easter being in late April last year as it will be again this year. I had no difficulty finding lodging along the way - including Saint Privat de Allier - but I did book 1-2 days in advance, as was suggested by a number of people on this forum and with whom I walked. The Gite or Chambre d'Hote proprietor in LePuy should be able to give you some good suggestions for lodging, in addition to the Miam Miam Dodo. The app has been translated into English making the guide even more user friendly. Miam is limited in that it doesn't include a great many very good places to stay along the way. That's why I would ask the proprietors of the various places you stay.
Bon Chemin!

Do you see any problems with this schedule? I know that if I start from Sevilla, it would be a mistake. Will I have problems with lodging in Lyon and LePuy, or the first night in Saint Privat de Allier? If so, what would you suggest?
I assume you're starting the walk from Le Puy on Easter Sunday, April 21.
There is a two-week school holiday that runs (depending on zone) from 7 April to 7 May. This means more competition for lodging and fewer gites open. So, reserve in advance.
1 May is a national holiday. 8 May is a national holiday. These fall on Wednesdays in 2019, so the French tendency to make these holi-days into holi-weekends will extend to making them holi-weeks. This means much more competition for accommodations. (But more gites will be open as this is the heavy season.) So, reserve in advance.
And take your rain gear. Bon chemin!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I assume you're starting the walk from Le Puy on Easter Sunday, April 21.
There is a two-week school holiday that runs (depending on zone) from 7 April to 7 May. This means more competition for lodging and fewer gites open. So, reserve in advance.
1 May is a national holiday. 8 May is a national holiday. These fall on Wednesdays in 2019, so the French tendency to make these holi-days into holi-weekends will extend to making them holi-weeks. This means much more competition for accommodations. (But more gites will be open as this is the heavy season.) So, reserve in advance.
And take your rain gear. Bon chemin!
I second that! Kits ambler is on the ball!

There is plenty of accommodation, you shouldn't worry. I stopped in Montbonnet the first night. There are 3 gites there.
I suggest you get the 'miam miam-dodo' guide in the cathedral and book a few days ahead as you walk. Don't worry.
Bon chemin!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back