• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Les Sentiers Fleuris & Ferme du Barry (Peyre-en-Aubrac)

PastorCat

Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2013
Has anyone been to either or both?
Curious if anyone has any thoughts about either.

Fwiw - I'm not asking about the wisdom of booking in advance, I am just asking about pilgrim opinions about these two accommodations. Thanks!

"Feed me, Seymor. Feed me!"
Camino cats love them vittles!
Remember to carry cat food with you while you walk.
SaintJames will be pleased ;-)

DSCF4032.JPG

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Has anyone been to either or both?
Curious if anyone has any thoughts about either.

Fwiw - I'm not asking about the wisdom of booking in advance, I am just asking about pilgrim opinions about these two accommodations. Thanks!

"Feed me, Seymor, feed me!"
Camino cats love them vittles!
Remember to carry cat food with you while you walk.
SaintJames will be pleased ;-)

View attachment 43591
Yes I’ve stayed there and enjoyed it and the village. I particularly enjoyed mixing the aligot of potatoes and garlic with the chef. He created a very pleasant atmosphere putting me with English speaking French. My next stop at Lestrade was the best of my LePuy route. A purpose built gite d’etage with a sumptuous meal prepared by the farmers wife. Even finished with a local liquor. Enjoy.

Stayed at La Ferme du Barry and enjoyed the aligot. Comfortable beds and “over the top entertainment” in the dining area with the presentation of the aligot. Lots of fun.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In 2011 we stayed at La Ferme du Barry. Vincent Boussage constructed and served a delicious aligot. Yum yum. Had a great stay there with several others also.

We also stayed at La Ferme du Barry. Enjoyed it immensely. But it was 9 years ago - how did that happen?

Also highly recommend La Ferme du Barry. Excellent and fun communal meal. Hope you like aligot!

Bon Chemin
Davey

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very much enjoyed Sentiers Fleuris back in 2013. Very convivial dinner (with singing) and terrific breakfast. Though a vegetarian pilgrim insisted she’d be fine without special treatment, the host/chef produced an extra plate of plate of delicious beets we all enjoyed.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back