• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Let's see your best "framed" photos

Yoyo

Ambulo, ergo sum.
Time of past OR future Camino
Next Camino:
When the time
is right.
Today I scrolled through my camino pictures (yet again!) and noticed I have taken several where windows, doorways, arches, tunnels etc. "frame" the view.
Have you taken similar shots you can share with us? If so, please let us know where you took them.
Mine are from Orisson, Cirauqui, Iratxe, O Cebreiro and Santiago.

Orisson CF.jpeg Cirauqui CF.jpeg Iratxe CF.jpeg O Cebreiro CF.jpeg Santiago de Compostela.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Today I scrolled through my camino pictures (yet again!) and noticed I have taken several where windows, doorways, arches, tunnels etc. "frame" the view.
Have you taken similar shots you can share with us? If so, please let us know where you took them.

View attachment 97615 View attachment 97616 View attachment 97617 View attachment 97620 View attachment 97621
The second is the way up to Lorca, I was at the end of my Latin, as they say in Dutch and lost the dear Italian couple on the way up into Lorca and the albergue. The first photo is a bonus for all who miss the Camino. Because what is more like the Camino than a guitarist playing under the shade of a three?

Attachments

• 6F39BE67-3B71-4A17-83F1-FEF224D3B624.jpeg
    6F39BE67-3B71-4A17-83F1-FEF224D3B624.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
  • F5EB9165-8385-491C-B50B-A80E1E1B88BD.jpeg
    F5EB9165-8385-491C-B50B-A80E1E1B88BD.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Logrono, Iglesia de Santiago el Real
photo taken October 20, 2010

Logrono, Iglesia de Santiago el Real.jpg

Above the main door of the majestic church dedicated to Saint James he is depicted as Santiago Matamoros, victorious in battle riding a great steed with heads of slain Moors beneath. In today's world such a symbolic sculpture is, of course, politically loaded.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So many beautiful frames!
Here are a few more:
IMG_7253.JPG Roncesvalles, CF, March 2015
IMG_7381 (2).JPG San Andres Aposol, Villamayor de Monjardin, CF, March 2015
IMG_8615.JPG Portomarin, CF, April 2015
20190521_104222.jpg Tunel San Adrian, Camino Vasco Interior, May 2019
20190525_114042.jpg The foot from on high, Haro, C. Vasco Interior, May 2019
20190530_122141.jpg San Anton, CF, May 2019
20190611_113619.jpg Rio Miño, Belesar, Camino Invierno, June 2019

20190614_112408.jpg Ponte Taboada, Invierno June 2019

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
2013. Obanos, between Viana and Logrono and the window of the beehive structure just before NáJERA

Attachments

• 2013-03-19 10.40.34.jpg
    2013-03-19 10.40.34.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 2013-03-23 08.44.31.jpg
    2013-03-23 08.44.31.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 2013-03-23 08.45.04.jpg
    2013-03-23 08.45.04.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 2013-03-25_0458 - Copy.JPG
    2013-03-25_0458 - Copy.JPG
    944.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2013-03-25_0458 - Copy.JPG
    2013-03-25_0458 - Copy.JPG
    944.2 KB · Views: 41
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
From Frances 2014 and Portugues 2017, night time one is Santiago

Attachments

• g3_DqT2lSr-kH6lIDguoYg.jpg
    g3_DqT2lSr-kH6lIDguoYg.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 24
  • YABm17k6Qu-pqxembcgO4Q.jpg
    YABm17k6Qu-pqxembcgO4Q.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 24
  • CeKXPpcSRCuJMsSmX8xtZA.jpg
    CeKXPpcSRCuJMsSmX8xtZA.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
  • CEh-WHHcRmKhJdmp5jvFxQ.jpg
    CEh-WHHcRmKhJdmp5jvFxQ.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 23
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Saint Jean Pied de Port,
rue de La Citadelle

photo take October 14, 2014

rue de La Citadelle.jpg

Looking through the Port Saint Jacques towards rue de La Citadelle; nearest in view is # 55 the municipal albergue where multitudes of pilgrims have slept . ... From 2004 to 2015
I was always SO excited to return each year.

Last edited:

View attachment 97615 View attachment 97616 View attachment 97617 View attachment 97620 View attachment 97621
Salamanca, Plaza Mayor; Triple staircase, Santo Domingo, Santiago; Judería, Caceres; Alhambra, Granada.DSCN1469.JPGDSCN1760.JPGDSCN1253.JPGDSCN1105 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
In order: SJPP, Estella, Ponferrada castle, Santiago of course, Negreira (x2), and Maroñas, in 2017

Attachments

• E2667FCC-A019-4562-8D6A-BD9C43DA3ABD.jpeg
    E2667FCC-A019-4562-8D6A-BD9C43DA3ABD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • DAC8FBC6-BFB6-4EB6-BD2B-2C5E62FF82B5.jpeg
    DAC8FBC6-BFB6-4EB6-BD2B-2C5E62FF82B5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 202DFBC9-2C19-4E06-BFD0-172D1E9A68A1.jpeg
    202DFBC9-2C19-4E06-BFD0-172D1E9A68A1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 0BE53447-E77A-40CF-9813-2595F2EDE8E3.jpeg
    0BE53447-E77A-40CF-9813-2595F2EDE8E3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • B1540E84-4D91-4C5D-A095-16E4741078AD.jpeg
    B1540E84-4D91-4C5D-A095-16E4741078AD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • 568EDB74-A655-42D2-9FB8-F9CACDC4BAAB.png
    568EDB74-A655-42D2-9FB8-F9CACDC4BAAB.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 34291266-9105-4D19-8C1F-CAC2F003756C.jpeg
    34291266-9105-4D19-8C1F-CAC2F003756C.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Carrion dos Condes
Real Monasterio Santa Clara,
hospederia,

photo taken November 14, 2012

Real Monasterio Santa Clara,.jpg

Iron bars framed this window view of nearby monastery roofs taken within my cell-like private room in the Santa Clara hospederia.

Las Médulas, gold mine interior
photo taken November 26, 2014

interior Las Médulas.jpg

Continual curves plus added lights frame the visitor's path into an underground tunnel
of a Roman gold mine.

Although then trepidacious in retrospect I am glad I followed that path and took this shot as a permanent memento.

Las Médulas, is a unique area marked by distinctiveĺ red-orange channels, caves and giant cones. Near Ponferrada, off the CF but on the Invierno, this magnificent working gold mine dating from Roman times is a
UNESCO World Heritage Site

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Valcarlos route
Arneguy, marker

photo taken October 15, 2014

Arneguy, marker.jpg

At the Arneguy Venta complex on the old Spanish/French border this unidentified Spanish stelle depicting chevaliers/ caballeros frames a newer sign pointing towards the camino path to Valcarlos, Ibaneta, and Roncesvalles.

What is the history of this earlier Spanish stelle?

Goodness, don't we all love an excuse to cruise through our Camino photos?

I had to be quite strict with myself over the choices - no "naturally" framed photos (ie with leaves), no photos that concentrated on the frame itself, and no photos that I could not properly identify (I have old photos from before geotags which can be hard to place).

The House of Bejár, on the Via de la Plata
La Calzada de Béjar, Via de la Plata.jpeg

Mérida, Roman Amphitheatre, Via de la Plata
Mérida Roman Theatre and Amphitheatre.jpeg

Grajal de Campos, on the Camino de Madrid
Grajal de Campos.jpeg

Aqueduct, Segovia, on the Camino de Madrid
Segovia.jpeg

Santilana del Mar, on the Norte
Santilana del Mar.jpeg

Boadilla del Camino, Camino Francés
Boadillo del Camino.jpeg

La Romieu, Le Puy route in France
La Romieu.jpeg

San Julián, on the way up to O Cebreiro, Camino Frances
San Julián.jpeg

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
O Cebreiro
village

photo taken November 28, 2014

O Cebreiro 28.11.2014.jpg

The last time I climbed up to the mystic/ mythic mountain hamlet of O Cebreiro the broad arch of the church porch framed my view and kept me dry.

In the mist and heavy rain outside was sepia; inside the church, Santa Maria la Real, as always, was calm and immaculate when I rested thankful to have arrived again.

Few pilgrims were about. I sensed the presence of past history while very aware of ever present rain plus my increasing hunger/exhaustion.

After a celebratory lunch I spent that cold November afternoon/night in the refurbished well-heated municipal albergue....Sheltered, warm, and relaxed I was happy just to be.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
O Cebriero
village

photo taken November 28, 2014

View attachment 98638

The last time I climbed up to the mystic/ mythic mountain hamlet of O Cebreiro the broad arch of the church porch framed my view and kept me dry.

In the mist and heavy rain outside was sepia; inside the church, Santa Maria la Real, as always, was calm and immaculate when I rested thankful to have arrived again.

Few pilgrims were about. I sensed the presence of past history while very aware of ever present rain plus my increasing hunger/exhaustion.

After a celebratory lunch I spent that cold November afternoon/night in the refurbished well-heated municipal albergue....Sheltered, warm, and relaxed I was happy just to be.
That is the same view as one of my pictures in post #1 – but quite a different kind of beauty!
I love how you describe the way you felt in that moment. I have never walked a winter camino but I can imagine how important shelter and warmth must be after a day of hiking out in the cold and rain or snow.

That is the same view as one of my pictures in post #1 – but quite a different kind of beauty!
I love how you describe the way you felt in that moment. I have never walked a winter camino but I can imagine how important shelter and warmth must be after a day of hiking out in the cold and rain or snow.
Yoyo,
Thank you for setting up this great thread and for your kind comments.
Bad weather when walking can be very difficult, especially snow. Check out this recent account of a memorable March blizzard.
Carpe diem,
Margaret

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Puente La Reina
Convento del Crucifijio
open door

photo taken February 11, 2007

Puente La Reina, doors.jpg

The open door of the Convento del Crucifijio
frames the view of the closed door of the Iglesia del Crucifijo across the Calle del Crucifijio

Castrojeriz
Traversia General Aranda, steps

photo taken November 11, 2013

Castrojeriz.jpg

Dark and light

In this Castrojeriz view a flight of discending dark and narrow steps near the Plaza Mayor frame a lower blaze of sunshine and distant landscape.

€60,-
Yoyo,
Thank you for setting up this great thread and for your kind comments.
Bad weather when walking can be very difficult, especially snow. Check out this recent account of a memorable March blizzard.
Carpe diem,
Margaret
Wow Margaret
Such an incredible experience in your book of memories. It would have been daunting though heading out into such deep snow drifts. ♥️
thanks for sharing these gems.

P6200535.JPGSan Roque, with view of Cape Finisterre. June, 2018.
20180623_203002.jpgMuxia, a bottle of Albarino framed by our glasses, a great accompaniment to our final seafood dinner on the Camino Finisterre/Muxia, we later enjoyed a magnificent sunset from near our albergue, June, 2018.

Nájera
Monastery Santa Maria Real, window

photo taken February 18, 2007

IMG_0185.JPG

This window in the Monastery Santa Maria Real frames a view to the Alcazar
a ruined fortress/palace atop the famous red stone of Nájera, the "town between rocks".

Last edited:
Burgos
Cathedral de Santa Maria

photo taken February 24, 2007

Burgos.JPG

While following a self-guided tour through the Gothic riches/richness of the Burgos cathedral a barred window framed this view of the
two-story 13th c. cloister interior garden and fountain.

...The quiet simplicty of stone, grass and sky was a welcome aesthetic contrast to the lavish abundance displayed elsewhere within the interior.

Hornillos del Camino
photo taken February 26, 2007

Hornillos de Camino 26 02 2007.JPG

Framed by the surrounding Meseta landscape in my view Hornillos del Camino appears perfect beneath a clear blue sky in bright sunshine.

However the air was bitter cold.

Luckily the door to the municipal albergue was unlocked; nothing else was open. No one was about; nor did any hospitelero appear.

One other pilgrim, a German fellow, arrived cold and hungry; he had great gear but carried no provisions. Of course, we shared my simple food. Soup, firm cheese, local sausage and for dessert, chocolate bars with hot tea, tasted like ambrosia in the unheated albergue.

... Today this photo frames a frigid February memory!

west of Ponferrada,
perhaps in Cacabellos or Pieros
door

photo taken March 14, 2007

door.JPG

An open half-door frames a peek into a hidden panelled interior.

For me this view is doubly intriguing; what is this unknown space and where is it located?

Last edited:
23 Aug #16 1227 hrs Overlooking the Abbey.JPGRoncesvalles framed by the forests. August, 2014.
2 Sep #54 Najera Main altar in Monastery.JPGThe main altar in the Monasterio Santa Maria de la Real, Najera. September, 2014.
3 Sep #51 1644hrs SDdC Cathedral Live chickens recalling miracle.JPGThe Cathedral coop in Santa Domingo de la Calzada. September, 2014.
10 Sep #3 1152hrs Canal de Castilla outside Fromista.JPGCanal de Castilla, framed by the lock walls. Fromista. September, 2014.

Leon
Calle Mariano Domínguez Berrueta

photo taken November 9, 2010

Leon 09 11 2010.jpg
Somber facades on both sides of this calle frame a narrow vista of the nearby cathedral in early morning light.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Estella
Calle San Nicolas
San Pedro de la Rúa

photos taken October 24, 2014

Claustro

Estella, cloister, rock.jpg

A cloister arch frames the huge mass of rock against which this historic monastery/ church is located. Thus this looming view resembles a frightening image in a bad dream.

19 calle San Nicolas

Estella, elevator.jpg

Close to the cloister an elevator lifts all quickly up to the top of the rock; programmed to work 24/07 this is one example of contemporary urban transformation found throughout Estella

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back