• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Let's see your best "framed" photos

Pamplona
Cathedral cloister

photo taken October 21, 2013

Pamplona, 21 10 2013 .jpg

Iron bars and clear glass frame this view of the 13th-15th c. Gothic cloister.

Above the open loggia spaces on the 2nd storey can be seen an uppermost smaller loggia which may have been part of the cannon's dormitory. Open on one side loggias would have been and still are airy places to walk or ponder especially during sultry summer weather.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
santiago-spain-holy-year-in-santiago-de-compostela-way-of-st-james_u-l-f97r3x0.jpg

A slightly different take since I regretfully didn't take hardly any pictures on my first Camino. I bought this online in the largest format they had and it's one of my favorite pieces of wall art.

I've always thought a confraternity or even the Cathedral chapter itself could make a new poster every year, the sales of which would benefit the Camino infrastructure.

Padre W

Last edited:
View attachment 99496A slightly different take since I regretfully didn't take hardly any pictures on my first Camino. I bought this online in the largest format they had and it's one of my favorite pieces of wall art.

I've always thought a confraternity or even the Cathedral chapter itself could make a new poster every year, the sales of which would benefit the Camino infrastructure.

Padre W
Padre W,
Welcome to the Forum. What a wonderful idea you have for a new poster each year. Thank you for posting this handsome one from 1954. How different the camino would have been then!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Zubiri
Calle Puente de la Rabia

photo taken January 26, 2009

snowy Zubiri 26. 01.2009.jpg

Facades on both sides of the calle frame a snow covered view of the medieval bridge.
Shot from a window in the Pension Usoa; cozy and warm this was the only place open that cold January day.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Viana do Castelo
Rua Hospital Velho

photo taken December 14, 2014

Viana do Castelo..jpg

Located on the Portuguese coastal route
Viana do Castelo is a charming, small
sea/river-side city with a very active fishing fleet.

Facades along this curved pedestrian way help frame a distant view towards the hilltop Santuario de Santa Luzia,
the major religious monument in the area.

Muruzábal
Iglesia de Santa María de Eunate

photo taken October 14, 2010

Eunate  2010..jpg

Framing paradise

When walking on the Camino Argones
west from Enériz a curved branch framed a pastoral view of Eunate.
Weeping with joy I offered sincere thanks for my return.

Pilgrims have worshiped at Eunate for one thousand years. For me, as for those multitudes, this is close to paradise on earth.

May peace continue forever in this
timeless place

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Puente La Reina - Gares
bridge

photo taken February 11, 2007

Puente La Reina-Gares .jpg

Optical.illusion

Reflected doubled arches of the historic
11th c. Romanesque bridge framed the silver water of the Arga River on a cloudy winter day.

Last edited:
towards Larrosoana
River Agra

photo taken February 8, 2007

0_IMG_0082.JPG

Roiling river water and thick slippery mud framed my fear. Even today as I look at this shot I start to quiver reliving the memory.

Never again in wet weather would I dare walk this exact section along the CF bordering the south side of the Argra River.

Puente La Reina - Gares
bridge

photo taken October 5, 2004

Puente La Reina .jpg

This view through the arch frames the famous bridge's path; for me it mentally framed passing through pain to perseverance

After walking one week aching knees caused me to opt for a rest day in Puente la Reina. Since pilgrims generally can only stay one night at each albergue early morning
I painfully crossed the bridge to another private refuge.

At 9am the kind staff let me enter; later in the afternoon I practiced walking while leaning on my staff. Unwilling to be grounded I gritted my teeth determined to persevere.

...And so I did; 6 weeks later I walked into Santiago de Compostella for the first time.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Valenca do Minho

photo taken December 2012

Valenca do Minho.jpg

This view frames the Camino Portugues path as it traverses the historic complex of the Valenca do Minho Fortaleza/Fortress.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back