• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

leukotape

Eve Alexandra

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2017 Astorga-SDC, April 2022 SJPP-Muxia
I've got a big fat roll I need to size down. I've never used this stuff before. Its sticky. If I unroll a portion and try to reroll it won't the sticky not work as well when I need it? How am I supposed to size this down? The whole roll currently is 4 oz/113 g as is.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You just use it at home also and it sizes itself down ;-) BC SY

ahahahahaa! Now I need an L on my head. Of course. I'll size it down and leave the unwound parts at home. Can you tell I'm not a hiker yet? :D

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I wound some around an empty thread spool. It was still plenty sticky. Almost too sticky! :)

I think I've got one or two of those lying around. I'll wind half of it off and then pack whichever half weighs less I guess. :) Thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I've got a big fat roll I need to size down. I've never used this stuff before. Its sticky. If I unroll a portion and try to reroll it won't the sticky not work as well when I need it? How am I supposed to size this down? The whole roll currently is 4 oz/113 g as is.
It is amazing stuff, do not leave home without it! Cover any blisters or hot spots with a bit of gauze and the tape and it will stay on for days. It is really all you need.

I think I've got one or two of those lying around. I'll wind half of it off and then pack whichever half weighs less I guess. :) Thanks.
That's the solution. And if you are using walking poles you might also roll some silver color duct/gaffer tape around them just below the handles so they can still collapse if that's the type. Weight close to nothing, it's reflective and omni usefull ;)

You can cut a few strips, each a few inches longs, and put them on a wax paper backing. This also makes it much easier to then trim a piece into shape (shorten, round the corners) when you're ready to apply it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What do you all carry leukotape for? Am I missing something important here? After six caminos I’ve never ever thought of putting it in my first aid kit. Moleskin is my remedy for hotspots, and Compeed for blisters (which I don’t get ‘cos I use moleskin :D). What else would I use leukotape for?
Jill

What do you all carry leukotape for? Am I missing something important here? After six caminos I’ve never ever thought of putting it in my first aid kit. Moleskin is my remedy for hotspots, and Compeed for blisters (which I don’t get ‘cos I use moleskin :D). What else would I use leukotape for?
Jill

I use it for hotspots/hotspot prevention. It's super-adhesive - will stay on for days, even through showers - but is breathable. It can also be used for strapping (it is rigid, unlike stretchy KT tape). I will tape my arches with it sometimes if my PF is threatening to flare up.

I also have a little lambswool, and a few small squares of gauze - which leukotape can then fashion into a superstrong, long-lasting bandaid or blister cover (which I don’t get ‘cos I use leukotape :D).

I didn't carry or need Moleskin or Compeed, but I loved leukotape. Instead of wearing sock liners (they made my feet too hot and sweaty) I wrapped each toe and the ball of my foot in leukotape after my shower each day. I had only one tiny blister the whole trip, and that was caused by a too-long toenail. Love, love, love leukotape!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I didn't carry or need Moleskin or Compeed, but I loved leukotape. Instead of wearing sock liners (they made my feet too hot and sweaty) I wrapped each toe and the ball of my foot in leukotape after my shower each day. I had only one tiny blister the whole trip, and that was caused by a too-long toenail. Love, love, love leukotape!

Idem here...And way cheaper than Compeed too.

I don't know about leucotape, because I use paper surgical tape and lambswool for blister prevention. For larger areas where 'saddle sores' can happen (like hipbones) there's omnifix, which I buy in Spain at a pharmacia. I wouldn't start to walk without either.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don't know about leucotape, because I use paper surgical tape and lambswool for blister prevention. For larger areas where 'saddle sores' can happen (like hipbones) there's omnifix, which I buy in Spain at a pharmacia. I wouldn't start to walk without either.

Saddle sores?

No, the sticky part won't get unsticky. I wrap some around my poles every year, for easy carrying, it is always still sticky, even months later when I'm back home. If you don't have poles, you can wrap it around a popsicle stick or something that doesn't bend esaily.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Saddle sores?
The padding on my pack's hip-belt doesn't keep it from 'rubbing me the wrong way.' If I use omnifix from the get-go all is well. If I forget, I can get raw patches. (Omnifix is isn't bulky and stays on for days--much better than moleskin.)
Not to worry, Eve. If you can get your pack properly fitted in person this should not be an issue. I do not have access to an REI store except online, and so have surrendered to making do.

The padding on my pack's hip-belt doesn't keep it from 'rubbing me the wrong way.' If I use omnifix from the get-go all is well. If I forget, I can get raw patches. (Omnifix is isn't bulky and stays on for days--much better than moleskin.)
Not to worry, Eve. If you can get your pack properly fitted in person this should not be an issue. I do not have access to an REI store except online, and so have surrendered to making do.
Is Omnifix available at any farmacia?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just in case: "Gaffer tape" is very-very similar to heavy-duty duct tape (and 90-mph tape, for you veterans out there). In fact, I suspect it may be identical to duct tape -- just not silvery-shiny.

My garage workshop usually has four rolls of this type of tape -- 1 black, 1 OD green, 1 desert tan, and one silvery-shiny. It is extremely useful. In fact, one wag came up with "the ultimate tool box." It contains one can of WD-40 spray and one roll of duct tape. The directions are simple: "If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40." :D

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back