A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Levante 2020 blog

2020 Camino Guides

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I've just started a blog for next year's camino. If you take a look, you'll see I'll be doing more than the Levante, but this sub-forum is under-populated so it seemed a good place to put it!

Would someone please be wiling to do me a wee favour and click the link to check it's working. I've got my doubts with the "s" in the address.

I may post another story or two before leaving (April 20), but mostly I've just got it set up so that I can post easily once I arrive. Two of my kids kindly asked if I would blog. Love them (even though I was thinking I might not this time!)

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Oh, yes, @Kiwi-family, it is working. As the representative of the low-tech contingent on the forum, i can assure you that if I can see it, the world can see it! Spreadsheet is ready, blog is ready, and now the wait begins!
Thanks a million!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
The link is working. And I hope I did everything successfully to follow it. It's exactly the same route I walked in 2015. I started with my bare feet in the Mediterranean Sea and ended the same way in Atlantic Ocean days later.

Attachments

Davie Blisters

Camino(s) past & future
This will be great info for me as its on my hitlist for 2021...…..just need to squeeze in VDLP and Tasmania.
Cheers
Davie

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
This will be great info for me as its on my hitlist for 2021...…..just need to squeeze in VDLP and Tasmania.
Cheers
Davie
Davie don’t get your hopes up! My blogging tends to be very light on useful details and more weighted towards story-telling.
This one might be a wee bit different because I’m planning to record in my journal each day a little map/elevation profile, how many euros I spend, weather details and some very amateur sketching. I guess I could include a photo of each day’s spread,

Davie Blisters

Camino(s) past & future
Davie don’t get your hopes up! My blogging tends to be very light on useful details and more weighted towards story-telling.
This one might be a wee bit different because I’m planning to record in my journal each day a little map/elevation profile, how many euros I spend, weather details and some very amateur sketching. I guess I could include a photo of each day’s spread,

No problem - every little helps to build a picture.
Moving from the Med to the Atlantic certainly has a buzz about it!
Davie

JLWV

Camino(s) past & future
Levante (2014-2016); Levante to Toledo (2017-2018), to be continued; Fisterra & Muxia (2018);
will be following you

cindyjo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012
Camino del Norte /Primitivo (2014)
Chemin la Puy (2016)
Camino Portuguese (2017)
I’ll be walking the Levante starting in April 2020 as well. Maybe we’ll bump into each other...I’ve never met anyone from the forum on the trail before. (I don’t think.🤔 ) Buen Camino

witsendwv

Camino(s) past & future
(2015)
I've just started a blog for next year's camino. If you take a look, you'll see I'll be doing more than the Levante, but this sub-forum is under-populated so it seemed a good place to put it!

Would someone please be wiling to do me a wee favour and click the link to check it's working. I've got my doubts with the "s" in the address.

I may post another story or two before leaving (April 20), but mostly I've just got it set up so that I can post easily once I arrive. Two of my kids kindly asked if I would blog. Love them (even though I was thinking I might not this time!)
I will definitely be following your blog. It is our dream walk. We're hoping for 2021 even though its a Holy Year, as is also my 65th and our 30th wedding anniversary year. Hope having a bunch of non family followers won't put too much pressure on you. :) Ultreia.

murraydv

Via de la Plata / Sanabres / Camino de Levante
Camino(s) past & future
Completed Via de la Plata (2018).
Starting Camino de Levante (2019).
Hello @Kiwi-family. I started the Levante last year and spent 11 days walking to San Clemente. It is a wonderful Camino. I thoughtnthat you might like the chart below, which shows the Levante and how it interacts with the Camino Sureste and other well known Caminos along the way. I will go back to continue as soon as I can. I ws due ti go back this coming Friday.

Hope that you are still planning this Caminolevante-jpg#3.jpg.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@murraydv thanks for reminding me about that map - I was supposed to be walking my first day today and can’t decide whether to read the guide each day (and check out your map) or just to let it go for now! I think I favour the latter option.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Ch. d'Arles: Oloron Ste Marie to Aragones; Frances (2016); V.d.l.P.; Sanabres (2017)
I find the map quite inspiring and would like to walk the Levante straight through, instead of skipping all or part of the section from Zamora to Ourense, which I walked on the VdlP (I should like to walk the Sanabres again). It is always a matter of time, with me being a slow walker and the three month time limit. Maybe I shall think about walking this route next spring, instead of my usual fall camino. I must admit, Rachel, that your blog about your family excursion on the VdlP was one of the things that persuaded me to continue walking in the autumn. I found the description of the spring flooding daunting. But after a very wet walk on the Invierno last fall, it seems to me that extremely rainy weather may be found on many camino routes in Spain at any season.

Raggy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2017, 2018, 2019
I thought that you might like the chart below, which shows the Levante and how it interacts with the Camino Sureste and other well known Caminos along the way.
Great diagram. First time I've seen lines on a map connecting Granja-Benavente-Sta. Marta. Interesting.

I'm curious about the dotted line from Granada to Ciudad Real. I remember helping one person who was planning to do that. When we looked into it, I don't think we found much infrastructure - so it was a case of off-piste camino-ing. Do you know if this is a historic or otherwise established route? I don't see anything about a dotted, black, line in the legend of your diagram.

(I should like to walk the Sanabres again).
Yes. Sanabres is very pleasant. But next time I'm in Zamora, I'll try the alternative route that cuts through Portugal to reach Ourense. Gronze calls it the Camino Zamorano Portugués:

murraydv

Via de la Plata / Sanabres / Camino de Levante
Camino(s) past & future
Completed Via de la Plata (2018).
Starting Camino de Levante (2019).
@murraydv thanks for reminding me about that map - I was supposed to be walking my first day today and can’t decide whether to read the guide each day (and check out your map) or just to let it go for now! I think I favour the latter option.
I was also due to continue from San Clemente, from tomorrow!

Tina-Marie Brownie

DreamHiker2
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept/Oct 2017; Camino Levante, Sanabres, Muxia & Finisterre May 2020

Hi, can you let us know when you plan to do this again please? Hubby and I ordered out english version book last year to hike this as well but now we are in limbo, so would be lovely to watch your hike as it unfolds. Have you been able to find an elevation profile of the hike as well?

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Hi, can you let us know when you plan to do this again please? Hubby and I ordered out english version book last year to hike this as well but now we are in limbo, so would be lovely to watch your hike as it unfolds. Have you been able to find an elevation profile of the hike as well?
Yes - have a look at the website by the Levante Amigos vieiragrino.com

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Ch. d'Arles: Oloron Ste Marie to Aragones; Frances (2016); V.d.l.P.; Sanabres (2017)
The link is working. And I hope I did everything successfully to follow it. It's exactly the same route I walked in 2015. I started with my bare feet in the Mediterranean Sea and ended the same way in Atlantic Ocean days later.
You must be a very fast walker to walk that route (about 1,500 km?) in days. How many days? This is my next planned route.

Raggy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2017, 2018, 2019
You must be a very fast walker to walk that route (about 1,500 km?) in days. How many days? This is my next planned route.
There's really no limit to what you can achieve in days. As the saying goes "Rome was built in days."

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock