• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Levante association helps tourism

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

The Camino de Santiago del Levante Southeast gets more effective every time thanks to the activities of the associations that furrow, and have met Gotarrendura.

Among the 15 associations from six communities attending the meeting is that of Jávea, Alicante town that has seen the emergence of a branch road from there to Almansa. Luis Santos explains that ride have created a place where "there was no tradition" and "uniting agricultural roads with sidewalks and greenways, avoiding steps of highways and train." And so did last year on this road opened "in the easternmost point of the Valencian Community "and" if anyone wants, you can take the boat in Balearic reach Denia, Javea and since starting the journey. " In fact, this is the first meeting I attended with her ​​new stretch of road. "We are beginning, but there are many people who have made ​​the journey, the way many foreign fans," says Santos. And so have created a branch of 120 kilometers with 20 stages. Valencia Given this novelty, the association of Valencia is one of the veterans who have attended the meeting Gotarrendura. 25th anniversary last year and find that "more and more pilgrims, nothing to do with the beginning, when it was known almost" says Ricardo Lequerica. "With hard work" have succeeded in spreading a route and building shelters. Next to Alicante is the oldest association in a route in the past has been enhanced. From Escalona (Toledo), Julian Carlos Menéndez, notes that the association created three years ago, and it has not been easy to "define" the way after the work of a highway. Chief Heritage The second meeting of associations Levante Camino de Santiago Southeast has turned the CEO of Cultural Heritage Board, Henry Saiz, who has praised the development of this route, which "symbolizes all the force that brings together history and heritage of universal value path." And the pilgrimage route is a "resource to boost this" of the territories who need it from the standpoint of economic, cultural, tourist and population, especially in a time of crisis, in which there is "a look into the value of culture and heritage ", and represents a" resource to which we must respond, "especially given the" highly intangible nature "of the Camino de Santiago, which" does not require large investments in order to function. " Sáiz stressed that the people opt for tourism "more sustainable and less tied to the large expenditures", but linked to "personal satisfaction of discovering the landscape and territory, with fewer resources," which is "an opportunity for Castile and Leon", and that is "capable" of providing that kind of tourist that eventually translates into "added investment" for rural areas where tourism helps set population. Representatives of the 15 associations have had an opportunity to exchange views and update the data of the route and the pilgrims have shelters in their journey.
http://avilared.com/not/3487/el_camino_ ... as_amplio/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello,
Do you know where I could find more information about this new route leaving from Javea? I was originally thinking about leaving from Valencia, where I actually live. But my plan was to start after my mom's birthday on July 21st.
I actually wanted to spend a week with them before starting the Camino. But since my parents live 20 minutes from Javea, it makes more sense leaving from there, then having to go all the way back to Valencia.
I'd appreciate any help with this.

Natalie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back