Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Levante in Valencia, april/may 2022.

Book your train ticket here

JLWV

Jean-Luc
Past OR future Camino
Levante (2014-2016); Levante to Toledo (2017-2018), to be continued; Fisterra & Muxia (2018);
We have now in Valencia the wetest spring of last 80 years, and the river Canyoles that our way crosses 5 times between Xativa/Játiva and La Font de la Figuera, is flooded and dangerous to cross. Pilgrims are suggested to ask locales for alternative route when leaving cities. We, at the AACS are preparing alternative tracks.

In the last 10 days I saw here a lady from Canadá, 2 italians, 4 (1+2+1) spanishes, and a korean one, so Levante is busy.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

JLWV

Jean-Luc
Past OR future Camino
Levante (2014-2016); Levante to Toledo (2017-2018), to be continued; Fisterra & Muxia (2018);
The level of water in the Canyoles is decreasing, but still not usual.
Here is a picture of the crossing after Mogente/Moixent; some boards have been installed to avoid soaking our boots.

Attachments

• Vado Moixent 31-05-2022.jpeg
    Vado Moixent 31-05-2022.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 4
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online

JLWV

Jean-Luc
Past OR future Camino
What a great service your group provides. I’m sure lots of pilgrims don’t even know who is responsible for all this help!

And btw, JLWV. Are you still seeing pilgrims?
Yes, there are pilgrims, last time I was in Vallada, in the bar "Molinets" where there is a book, I noted for 2022 an Irishman (62 old), one from Argentina (68), one from Germany (70), one from Nederlands (64) and 4 Spanish (54, 48, 65 and 60).
In my city I saw 2 Italians, and this week at the Asociación a French one, a Spanish, and a couple from Ivory Coast (51 & 47, the first ones I have seen from África, although born there but from european origin)

JLWV

Jean-Luc
Past OR future Camino
What about the Requena, leaving Valencia and onwards? Are there any problems there as well?
We have no noticies of problem on that way.
I Will write some info about that way in its forum.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads