• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Levante technology

Time of past OR future Camino
So many since 2003.
So I know there are lots of ‘Levante-ites’ lurking on the forum at the moment. ;)

I’m on countdown now - 19 days til I arrive in Valencia.
A question for the veterans: which mobile phone co did you use and what was the coverage like along the Levante?

I’ve used Vodafone and Yoigo in the past on other caminos. I was planning on getting a SIM at Madrid airport. Maybe they’re all much of a muchness now?

Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers Grace

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So I know there are lots of ‘Levante-ites’ lurking on the forum at the moment. ;)

I’m on countdown now - 19 days til I arrive in Valencia.
A question for the veterans: which mobile phone co did you use and what was the coverage like along the Levante?

I’ve used Vodafone and Yoigo in the past on other caminos. I was planning on getting a SIM at Madrid airport. Maybe they’re all much of a muchness now?

Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers Grace
I would probably go with Vodafone, and whatever the current promotion is. Right now 3GB data, 60min call, for 15€. But soon as 28 days are over (or you exhaust the data before), you get just 1.5GB for 15€. There may be better promocions when you land, or maybe by the time your due to renew. I have heard Vodafone is the best and confirmed that (as you know) recently walking the Levante.

I had a movistar sim card with no data. Wifi is everywhere. I had always used Movistar till last year, when I moved to Vodafone because my walking buddy had it and we could call each other for free. I think both are fine, each has a few little spots without coverage (I couldn't get on Vodafone a couple of times on the Primitivo and I've never had that happen with Movistar, though I'm sure it does).

I will probably go back to Vodafone this year because in all my years with Movistar I have never had a kind or helpful person in the store (that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not much). In contrast, last year from the Delta of the Ebro all the way to Santiago, I went into stores several times and always was met by a helpful smiling live person.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I use Orange every time when in Spain. I guess I'm just that much satisfied with what I get from them. Only remember once in a remote village there was no Orange signal but one other. Not on Levante I think, maybe Sanabres or Salvador.

Whichever operator's SIM card you'll buy they all have good signal in general. Might be some problems here and there on more hilly routes like Primitivo, Sanabres etc. but otherwise the coverage is good. I'd say just look for the option/package that suits you the most.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
No, I'm grading exams. For every five questions I grade, I allow myself a 10 minute break on the forum. Makes the unbearable much more bearable.

I have the same task and I follow the same routine as you, next to the computer! :OD Who would've thought! :O)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back