• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lidocaine patches available on Camino Frances, in local pharmacies?

Winstoniscute

Time of past OR future Camino
planning several, but will co camino Le Puy and camino Frances ( 2021) then another fall (2022)
I am wondering. I am planning on walking both the Camino LePuy and the Camino Frances one after another. I have arthritis in my mid and upper back. I get pain despite excellent fitting and light backpacks. Cannot take ibuprofen. What works for me when I hike, is before hiking or going into a situation where I know I will get pain in back is applying the over the counter lidocaine patches, two one to upper and one to lower back. If I wait until pain begins they do no good. So, my question is: Has anyone noted on their travels if the lidocaine patches are available in the French and Spanish pharmacies along the Way? I am not planning on taking anything other than minimal needed supplies in my backpack, and these patches are heavy. I can imagine having to carry a few days at a time, but not over two months worth. I have checked on google, but unable to figure out if they are available along The Way or not. Thanks ahead of time for any answers. I amm talking about over the counter versions.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I haven't bought any, but I'm sure that I've seen them in the farmacias in Spain.

I googled lidocaine patches, farmacias, espana. The answer is yes, they are now stocked in farmacias In Spain. Sorry I haven't time to do more searching at this moment, but it looks as if you will be lucky.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You might want to look into taking turmeric supplements. It has shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. I found some in Spain too. Look for cĂşrcuma.

My wife purchased lidocaine patches in France. But she had to buy about 80 euros worth. There was no package with a smaller quantity available at the pharmacy that she randomly visited. She had previously cut up some of her patches which she had applied to blisters on our French friends' feet. So the 80 euro purchase was shared by about four hikers and the patches were distributed among them.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...
Hi my name is Leah and I am starting the Camino Frances on April 10 and will be leaving Australia on April 4. I have just cut my hand and needed stiches which will need to come out when I am in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.