A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Liechtenstein Trail

2020 Camino Guides

karlyk

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2019 Mid August- Mid September
I recently heard about a new trail marked out for a 75km criss-cross walk across Liechtenstein.

Has anyone actually done this?
If so, did you do it in 3 days, or would you recommend more?
How were accommodations?
Were there affordable (10-25 euro places) along the way? Any hostels at all?
In general, how was it?
Was there anything you were surprised by, wish you had known before hand, or otherwise note-worthy pieces of info you think future walkers should know?

Just gathering info right now.

Karlene

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2017)
Frances(2018)
Ingles(2019)
Aragones(2020)
Portuguese(2020)
The Lichtenstein Trail is not a Camino or pilgrimage related trail, so there is probably not a lot of information about it on this Forum. I cannot see any references to it using our search engine.

There are a lot of Google references to it, and that may provide some information that would be helpful.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Here's the official website

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
You can download an app called LIstory. It has lots of information.
I haven't walked it, but I have downloaded the app, as I intend walking next year.

Marc S.

Camino(s) past & future
Since 2012: CF, CdN, CP, Salvador, Aragones, Via Regia, Elisabethpfad, Jakobsweg NRW, Jakibspaad.
Apart from the Liechtenstein trail, there is also a pilgrimage path running through Liechtenstein, which may be of interest for you. It is 56 km long running from the east to the west - and I suppose it connects with Swiss and Austrian Jakobswege (have not checked this)

More info is here: (the link to the pdf also gives accomodation options)

Marc S.

Camino(s) past & future
Since 2012: CF, CdN, CP, Salvador, Aragones, Via Regia, Elisabethpfad, Jakobsweg NRW, Jakibspaad.

AlwynWellington

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
please see signature
For Lichenstein I have consulted the hiking mode of Way Marked Trails and find only a 1,100 km route called Zentral Alpen Weg # 2 coursing through part of Liechtenstein. This starts well to the east near Bratislavia and ends just above Vaduz.

Luxembourg is well to the north, just below Belgium and The Netherlands and I can see the Luxembourg section of Jacobsweg mapped there.

But no route leading to Compostella has been mapped in Liechtenstein.

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-19
The Lux Jakobsweg site linked above says: "After crossing the Moselle Bridge in Schengen, the Luxembourgish Way leaves the country and meets the path that leads from Trier to Metz." And that connects through Vezelay to Compostela.

AlwynWellington

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
please see signature
After crossing the Moselle Bridge in Schengen, the Luxembourgish Way leaves the country
@Kitsambler , regrettably, Luxembourg, Moselle River and Schengen are about 500 km north of Liechtenstein.

And it is Liechtenstein that is the object of interest in the original post for this thread.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong)

Marc S.

Camino(s) past & future
Yes there is !! See my post #6.

It goes from Feldkirch (Austria), then passing a little of Liechtenstein, to Wattwill (Schweiz), where it futher connects with the Jakobsweg (eventually leading to Santiago).

Have a further look at the Swiss Jakobsweg site: https://jakobsweg.ch/de/eu/ch/weg/
Or this map of the German pilgrim paths: http://www.deutsche-jakobswege.de/wege-uebersicht.html
And you see how Liechtenstein fits into all of this.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong)
Always agree with that.

And the good news for all of us is that there are pilgrims paths running through both Luxembourg and Liechenstein. :)

Last edited:

bobbogram

Camino(s) past & future
El Norte San Sebastián to Santiago; Portuguese Lisbon to Porto; Porto to Santiago; Geneva west

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 53 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 185 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 298 24.4%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.0%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 351 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock