• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Liechtenstein Trail

karlyk

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2019
Portuguese from Lisbon 2019
I recently heard about a new trail marked out for a 75km criss-cross walk across Liechtenstein.

Has anyone actually done this?
If so, did you do it in 3 days, or would you recommend more?
How were accommodations?
Were there affordable (10-25 euro places) along the way? Any hostels at all?
In general, how was it?
Was there anything you were surprised by, wish you had known before hand, or otherwise note-worthy pieces of info you think future walkers should know?

Just gathering info right now.

Karlene

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Lichtenstein Trail is not a Camino or pilgrimage related trail, so there is probably not a lot of information about it on this Forum. I cannot see any references to it using our search engine.

There are a lot of Google references to it, and that may provide some information that would be helpful.

Here's the official website

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You can download an app called LIstory. It has lots of information.
I haven't walked it, but I have downloaded the app, as I intend walking next year.

Apart from the Liechtenstein trail, there is also a pilgrimage path running through Liechtenstein, which may be of interest for you. It is 56 km long running from the east to the west - and I suppose it connects with Swiss and Austrian Jakobswege (have not checked this)

More info is here: (the link to the pdf also gives accomodation options)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
For Lichenstein I have consulted the hiking mode of Way Marked Trails and find only a 1,100 km route called Zentral Alpen Weg # 2 coursing through part of Liechtenstein. This starts well to the east near Bratislavia and ends just above Vaduz.

Luxembourg is well to the north, just below Belgium and The Netherlands and I can see the Luxembourg section of Jacobsweg mapped there.

But no route leading to Compostella has been mapped in Liechtenstein.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
But no route leading to Compostella has been mapped in Liechtenstein.

Yes there is !! See my post #6.

It goes from Feldkirch (Austria), then passing a little of Liechtenstein, to Wattwill (Schweiz), where it futher connects with the Jakobsweg (eventually leading to Santiago).

Have a further look at the Swiss Jakobsweg site: https://jakobsweg.ch/de/eu/ch/weg/
Or this map of the German pilgrim paths: http://www.deutsche-jakobswege.de/wege-uebersicht.html
And you see how Liechtenstein fits into all of this.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong)

Always agree with that.

And the good news for all of us is that there are pilgrims paths running through both Luxembourg and Liechenstein. :)

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.