• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Life is Good!

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Because of Cancer, Covid, and the recent death of my mother, I wake up every morning grateful for this beautiful adventure called life!

As I was walking to Ciraqui yesterday, the scenery was stunning, the wild roses so fragrant, new vines sprouting, and the waves of grain inspiring, telling me keep going, keep going, keep going.

Yesterday I was grateful for the two people who stopped to help me when I fell. I was grateful for the man who drove me to Estella after the fall.I was grateful for the trauma center doctors. I was grateful for the owner of the apartments who carried me to the emergency room. I was grateful for the emergency room doctors and for the pharmacy who only charged me €5.30 for my prescription! That would’ve probably been about $40 in the USA. I was grateful for my walking companions, who waited for me to come back from the hospital for dinner and who carried my backpack to my room for me. I was grateful for all the positive wishes from the people on this forum. There’s lots of love here.

What are you grateful for pilgrim?

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Today here in France at 11am we will commemorate the end of WW2 in Europe; the peace treaty had been signed May 7, 1945, at SHAEF in nearby Reims.

Today I am grateful that we are not at war and to be alive at 83.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
One technique I leaned during Cognitive Behavorial Therapy was at the end of each day to list (either mentally or on paper) 3 good things that have happened that given day. I have done this and it’s helpful and powerful for me!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Because of Cancer, Covid, and the recent death of my mother, I wake up every morning grateful for this beautiful adventure called life!

As I was walking to Ciraqui yesterday, the scenery was stunning, the wild roses so fragrant, new vines sprouting, and the waves of grain inspiring, telling me keep going, keep going, keep going.

Yesterday I was grateful for the two people who stopped to help me when I fell. I was grateful for the man who drove me to Estella after the fall.I was grateful for the trauma center doctors. I was grateful for the owner of the apartments who carried me to the emergency room. I was grateful for the emergency room doctors and for the pharmacy who only charged me €5.30 for my prescription! That would’ve probably been about $40 in the USA. I was grateful for my walking companions, who waited for me to come back from the hospital for dinner and who carried my backpack to my room for me. I was grateful for all the positive wishes from the people on this forum. There’s lots of love here.

I am grateful I managed to do the Frances and return home safely ...

I'm grateful for reading posts like yours just when I need to hear of such a heartening attitude and be centred back in a calmer place myself. Thank you 🙏💕

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

I’m grateful that I’m starting my first Camino on Wednesday and for all the help I’ve had from this forum

I’m grateful for food in the fridge, a roof over my head, medical knowledge that is treating my cancer (only one more chemo session! Woohoo!) and the fact that I’ve been able to walk several Camino’s and meet such amazing people

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’m grateful that I’m starting my first Camino on Wednesday and for all the help I’ve had from this forum
Have a lovely time on the camino ..you meet alot of interesting ppl from all walks of life and don't hesitate to ask for help or even advice as there is a good group of pilgrims looking out for eachother

Grateful… that I can actually walk…. For the albergue owner who helped me put my rucksack down….and carried it upstairs to our room….. for all those who allow us to walk near their homes….lfor the friends and family encouraging us… for all the little things along the way that remind me to have humility….for the conversations with others from which I learn about myself….for the perfume tunnels of the hawthorn….for the amazing array if spring flowers…. for the women who walk alone and create new freedoms for women… for everyone eho tolerates my efforts to communicate….. I could go on. 🥰👣😃🙏

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In this moment, TBH, I'm grateful for your wonderful post, Annie!

I'm grateful for my feet, who put up with so much, - and keep going somehow in spite of often being asked to just walk.

I'm grateful for the boundless kindness of friends.

I'm grateful to my Mom today, even though she died decades ago.

And I'm grateful the camino exists, and we can walk it - physically or in memory.

What is not to be grateful for ? We all belong to this worldwide group of friends.
But today (Mother’s Day in many parts of the world).. I am grateful for what my wonderful mum gave me and gave up for me ..
tonight I am very very very grateful …… for the most wonderful meal one can experience on the camino. (I think ?). On the Sanabrés at Rionegro Del puente. Dinner at Me gustar comer.
Wow doesn’t cover it but I’ll sleep well ❤️❤️❤️💤💤💤

I am grateful for this forum. It’s full of love, sharing, written fisticuffs from time-to-time, information, and joy.

I am grateful I gain strength as I care for nonagenarian divorced parents, and all the help I receive to care for them.

I am grateful for my chemical remission for a serious illness.

I am grateful you started this post.

Take care Annie.

Buen camino.

Well, I don't mind reading posts like these when I am stuck on the other side of the world pining for The Way!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.