• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Light At The End of The Tunnel? :-)

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67185

It has been a challenging year, and until recently I was so weary of it that my life felt almost out of control.

Last August and September the inguinal hernia required the interruption of my pilgrimage at Burgos to fly home for surgery. It took a while, but recovery went well, and I was able to drag myself back into shape.

In December, Restless Body Syndrome became seriously disruptive of sleep, which began to affect daily life from the sleep deficit.

In January, bounding heart palpitations and mild heart arrythmias began occurring during times of rest and at bed time, further compounding sleep difficulties. After testing failed to identify a specific cause, and I was assured that it was a condition which was not life threatening. Two days later, my blood pressure started severely spiking far higher than my normal BP. Blood pressure medication was started.

In late February all symptoms did a sort of “perfect storm” convergence. The crisis point was reached. My mental resilience was so compromised that I broke down in my primary provider’s office begging her to come up with an answer. She started me on an additional BP medication and a beta blocker with hopes that the symptoms of high BP and Restless Body would start to subside. Additionally, she ordered a new comprehensive blood panel, and a multi week portable heart monitor device to collect a multi-week reading of all heart responses during my daily activities.

At the end of the visit, I had my blood drawn for the lab work and went home. I had been instructed that cardiology would contact me for the appointment to set up the monitor.

That evening after dinner, my provider called. She was audibly excited. “I know what’s causing your symptoms, Dave”.

“Seriously, Carol?”

“Your thyroid is in a severe hyperactive state. Your thyroid levels are so high that I was able to get you an appointment with an endocrinologist for tomorrow.”

“That quick?”

“That’s right, and you d---- well better be at that appointment.”

The endocrinologist was fantastic with me. Medications were started, thorough instructions given, and over the next 8 weeks, things really improved both physically and mentally.

Until they didn’t.

Two weeks ago, I crumped. First, I could barely sustain a normal workout. Then, my peak heart rate would not go above 121 bpm when it normally would go to around 161 -- even when I pushed myself far above my typical workout limits. Next, my BP started crashing and my resting heart rate started plummeting till it ended up around 51 beats per minute from a normal of 66 bpm. Lethargy, mild depression, irritability . . .; I was -- and still am -- recovering from being a real mess. Add in the losing proposition of trying to make my body work like normal, and frustration lies like a fog around me.

My endocrinologist had me take a new round of labs (the last was about weeks prior) to look for changes in thyroid levels. Sure enough, I went from a hyper state -- to a near-normal thyroid level – then to now, with a severe HYPO thyroid state.

My main thyroid medicine was cut in half five days ago. During my workout today, I could tell things are improving physically. But after reading some of my recent postings here, it is obvious to me that I am still feeling unreasonably cranky and contentious.

My sincere apologies. I regret dragging that attitude in here. One of the bright spots during this time has been the Forum and its members.

I will not cancel plans to return to SJPdP in September just because my body has been failing me. My doctors have been informed of my plans and are supportive. It feels like a race to get things as stable as is possible before my departure, but I am thankful that my providers are helping with that goal and are working with me and not throwing up more roadblocks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh, Dave, what a roller coaster. But if someone can overcome (and dissect and provide a review) of any type of roller coaster in this forum, that is you.

Thyroid issues are very debilitating until you manage to balance all the medicines out. Many people in my family have it, and they were suspecting of so many other things before - from heart diseases to being bipolar. It was thyroid. The good thing is that yes, there is light in the end of the tunnel and eventually they will find the right dosage for you and you will be fine again.

And you will go to Santiago and that wil be awesome.
And you will come back to this forum to help people and it will be awesome.

Becaus even in your 'crancy' state (which I personally did not notice), you produce some of the best posts and sources of information for pilgrims.
Buen Camino, Dave! Some times the road to Santiago is quite bumpy, but you always get there! :)

Wow, have you ever been through the mill, peregrino!
Heartfelt wishes that the light at the end of the tunnel gets bigger PDQ and that that your health stabilizes very soon.
My sincere apologies. I regret dragging that attitude in here. One of the bright spots during this time has been the Forum and its members.
You know, Dave, the only thing I had noticed was your very helpful posts.
They are a gift to us all.
Thank you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dave, so very sorry to hear of this health crisis roller coaster you have been on all year. I wish you the best for your upcoming September Camino...and I've never noticed any crankiness displayed by you on the forum, only kindness and help given to others that is always "above and beyond"!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Awesome. And I mean that in the kindest possible way. As others have noted, your online presence showed no inkling of your physical and (thereby) mental state.
I have followed the conversations and observations you have posted here, and have found that these are among the reasons I continue to check the forum daily.
I know what it’s like to walk while compromised, and I know what denial is, and isn’t.
Take care, Dave, and go when you feel like it. Best wishes for a complete recovery and a serene Camino.
All the best,
Paul

Dave, so very sorry to hear of your struggles. The only bright side is that perhaps they are keeping you on the forum longer because you are not out walking, and that is great for us! But seriously, I do hope you get everything stablished soon and your health is no longer an issue.

I am sorry the trials and tribulations associated with your health. I have read many of your posts. They have been positive, thoughtful, and informative. Thanks for sharing your experience.

As far as your upcoming Camino ... be patient with yourself, and listen to your body. Santiago will be waiting for you when you are ready.

¡Buena Suerte! and Godspeed on your recovery.:D:cool:

Wow, Dave, I would have never known. You are always so informative and professional I never suspected you were being put through the mill. That said, I'm glad you shared this part of your Camino with us. We have enjoyed your support; now we can give back a bit!

Best wishes for a good recovery...and Buen Camino!!!

It has been a challenging year, and until recently I was so weary of it that my life felt almost out of control.

Last August and September the inguinal hernia required the interruption of my pilgrimage at Burgos to fly home for surgery. It took a while, but recovery went well, and I was able to drag myself back into shape.

In December, Restless Body Syndrome became seriously disruptive of sleep, which began to affect daily life from the sleep deficit.

In January, bounding heart palpitations and mild heart arrythmias began occurring during times of rest and at bed time, further compounding sleep difficulties. After testing failed to identify a specific cause, and I was assured that it was a condition which was not life threatening. Two days later, my blood pressure started severely spiking far higher than my normal BP. Blood pressure medication was started.

In late February all symptoms did a sort of “perfect storm” convergence. The crisis point was reached. My mental resilience was so compromised that I broke down in my primary provider’s office begging her to come up with an answer. She started me on an additional BP medication and a beta blocker with hopes that the symptoms of high BP and Restless Body would start to subside. Additionally, she ordered a new comprehensive blood panel, and a multi week portable heart monitor device to collect a multi-week reading of all heart responses during my daily activities.

At the end of the visit, I had my blood drawn for the lab work and went home. I had been instructed that cardiology would contact me for the appointment to set up the monitor.

That evening after dinner, my provider called. She was audibly excited. “I know what’s causing your symptoms, Dave”.

“Seriously, Carol?”

“Your thyroid is in a severe hyperactive state. Your thyroid levels are so high that I was able to get you an appointment with an endocrinologist for tomorrow.”

“That quick?”

The endocrinologist was fantastic with me. Medications were started, thorough instructions given, and over the next 8 weeks, things really improved both physically and mentally.

Until they didn’t.

Two weeks ago, I crumped. First, I could barely sustain a normal workout. Then, my peak heart rate would not go above 121 bpm when it normally would go to around 161 -- even when I pushed myself far above my typical workout limits. Next, my BP started crashing and my resting heart rate started plummeting till it ended up around 51 beats per minute from a normal of 66 bpm. Lethargy, mild depression, irritability . . .; I was -- and still am -- recovering from being a real mess. Add in the losing proposition of trying to make my body work like normal, and frustration lies like a fog around me.

My endocrinologist had me take a new round of labs (the last was about weeks prior) to look for changes in thyroid levels. Sure enough, I went from a hyper state -- to a near-normal thyroid level – then to now, with a severe HYPO thyroid state.

My main thyroid medicine was cut in half five days ago. During my workout today, I could tell things are improving physically. But after reading some of my recent postings here, it is obvious to me that I am still feeling unreasonably cranky and contentious.

I will not cancel plans to return to SJPdP in September just because my body has been failing me. My doctors have been informed of my plans and are supportive. It feels like a race to get things as stable as is possible before my departure, but I am thankful that my providers are helping with that goal and are working with me and not throwing up more roadblocks.

I just like to say that God likes to keep it a bit more interesting for some of us...lol Glad to read that you are seeing the light. I've been given a fabulous acute diverticulitis attack this past week with an ER visit and all of the tests involved. I'll not be able to walk for a few weeks and need to avoid the sun for at least a month or more because of the medications. So, with a departure date of Sept 8th, I'm sitting home stitching my patches on my backpack and ordering SPF protective clothing to replace everything that was already packed. Life throws curve balls. Though you feel your body is failing you, it'll be it's strongest on the Camino. Will keep you in my prayers!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dave, what a bummer! Such a lot to go through, and yet look at you still being positive and able to see the light at the end of that tunnel! Keep moving forwards and at the same time give your body the time and space to heal as it needs.

Yes, we tend to ignore that little gland until it starts doing strange things. My daughter had some classic symptoms (that I knew nothing about at the time) and virtually stopped growing for a year before we diagnosed severe hypothyroidism when she was only 9 years old. With treatment, the changes were stunning.

I'm sure you'll get this under control and keep walking!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Dave Bugg, Dave Bugg... did you know you came with me last week when I walked the Barrow Way in Ireland? Your wise words helped me along. You can see from all replies that your own awareness of cranky was not visible to the Forum. Hope that helps you stand taller. I will post on another thread how your words helped me, this is just to join the chorus of well wishing and prayers for your rebalancing system in time for your next Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Uffff what a crazy journey you've been on! As one who likes to test products and review them, now you get to test medication on your own symptoms. In my mind you're perfectly suited for that. :) Take care, rest well, and we do hope you can walk in September. Keep us posted!

Heartfelt sympathy, Dave! As one of the consistently most helpful, considerate, - never cranky - members of the forum, what would your response be to a prospective pilgrim in a similar predicament? Would you recommend engaging in a race against time, or would you point out that the Camino will wait for the walker? May your next Camino, whenever it takes place, reward your patience!

@davebugg , I am so sorry to learn of all your troubles! I hope you find your way to full and permanent health soon. It sounds like you have a knowledgeable and caring medical team working with you. Good to hear.

On the forum, however, I've seen zero evidence that anything is amiss or that you might not be up to par. I echo so many others in saying your posts are uniformly respectful and informative, among the assets of this wonderful forum. Ironically, just before I read your post here, I was following the bicycle vs. walker discussion, and thinking how refreshing it is to read a thought-provoking, but always respectful, discussion on an issue that could easily descend into acrimony. If you were worried you might have come across grumpy on that thread I didn't see it anywhere.

All the best to you. And many thanks for all your help on shoes! :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hope you're feeling better. It always amazes (and disheartens me a bit) that we still know very little about how our own physical being words. Doctors tend to have their best guess and usually are right but often it takes a long time to work through the solution. It sounds like they may finally have your's in view. Hope so. Best of luck and wishes.

Hi Dave, Your posts are always so informative and non-biased! I appreciate that you do the research. I have never seen you write anything negative toward anyone. I thank you for posting the information on your health. It is a reminder to me that at sometime, we will all have to deal with something. Our bodies have an amazing affinity to want to heal so I have assurance that all of your medical issues will be sorted out. It is a bummer when we are healthy in mind, body and spirit and then something goes awry. Have a great walk in September!

I am also a newbie and found your contributions very impressive, helpful and insightful. Also sending you all the best of wishes for speedy recovery. Keep us posted on your progress!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Dear davebugg

Thank you for sharing your medical difficulties... it’s a warning to each of us to get a good check-up and not dismiss symptoms easily.

Sir I have enjoyed your posts since I joined the forum a couple years ago. You have always been kind and level-headed in helping others. Your experience has been invaluable to those of us who have none...I’m sure at times when you answered or questioned on the forum you might not have felt your best, however I found your posts to be consistently kind helpful and straightforward! Sometimes we are hardest on ourselves especially when our body of all things fails us!

May you find strength and peace as your body recovers. I hope to meet you along the way as I start my first Camino in SJPP 9/5/18. Buen Camino!

“Seriously, Carol?”

“That quick?”

Until they didn’t.

Hi Dave.
I'am so sorry to hear this.
Your goal is to go to SJPdP in September but please keep listning to your body.

My goal is to go to Santiago at September 23th. with Marianne and my Doctors, Marianne and friends telling me the same.
It's so important , do not think to lightly about it.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Dave .

Regards Peter .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
that is a really difficult journey you have been on. I guess at a “certain age” of which I am more of a candidate than you, I guess we have to be able to accept some physical situation that severely limits us. Having said that I am not good at accepting it AT ALL. But still there it is. I do truly wish you all the best for your upcoming Camino and thanks for your always good and informative posts. Buen Camino, peregrino!

Hi Dave,

Would you recommend engaging in a race against time, or would you point out that the Camino will wait for the walker? May your next Camino, whenever it takes place, reward your patience!
Please think carefully about the question from Paladina. Having had serious thyroid problems years ago myself, it can be kept under control with the right medication and I'm perfectly well by now. The point is that it usually takes quite some time till medication is putting you in a stable state again, to be your former active self. People differ, but for myself it took 6 months after having started with treatment to be fairly o.k, still with some ups and downs. And during that time I had to have labs every other week.

The question also is, beside the medical issue: Will you be able to enjoy your camino, if you're not completely fit?

Reading things like this makes me realise how bloody vanilla my life has been to date.

Hope the rest of the year treats you more kindly Dave. I'm in the Pilgrim Office from 24th September for two weeks - If you're in town then please allow me to stand you a drink (medication permitting).

Onwards and upwards, Dave, onwards and upwards.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Reading things like this makes me realise how bloody vanilla my life has been to date.

Hope the rest of the year treats you more kindly Dave. I'm in the Pilgrim Office from 24th September for two weeks - If you're in town then please allow me to stand you a drink (medication permitting).

Onwards and upwards, Dave, onwards and upwards.
When everything is going well with me , we be in Santiago that week .I come over to the Pilgrimsoffice to say hi.
Regards Peter .

I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues, @davebugg. Many of my family members have had similar issues and it can take quite a long time for everything to become stabilized. I wish you a swift return to feeling healthy. Dave, your posts are always topnotch, and I echo the sentiments of others here, in saying that I would never have suspected you were feeling 'cranky.'
I hope that you are able to return to the Camino as planned. I am returning in September also, after back problems forced me home early last year. If all goes well, I think I will be leaving from Burgos on September 19th. Haven't actually booked a flight yet, as I am waiting to make sure all is well with my back once I finish a backpacking trip next week.
Remember that the Camino will be there when you are ready. Until then, I wish you all the best and Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Dave, there's not much I can say that hasn't been said in the multitude of responses above, so I'll just say hang in there, my friend. Look for a PM.
Ultreia!

Hi Dave, what a year you have had. I'm glad your doctor have sorted you out and you are doing better. Hopefully you will be on the Camino in September as planned otherwise the Camino will be there, when you are ready health wise.
Buen Camino and all the best to you.

Oh, Dave, I am sooo sorry that you have been experiencing this storm. It is one thing to be sick, with a diagnosis and a concrete treatment plan, but quite another to be on such a physical roller coaster. Btw, I am amazed :):)you could get your heart up to 161on a beta blocker! I pray that you will have a full recovery with the right balance of medication.

You will go on your camino with the gratitude of myself and all who read your thoughtful, carrying, intelligent, thorough and even, when appropriate challenging posts! Your knowledge of how to intervene in an medical emergency and knowledge of your own body will serve you well. If there is anything I, or we can do for you as you make your camino, please let us know! Vaya con Dios!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
. . . . Btw, I am amazed :):)you could get your heart up to 161 on a beta blocker! I pray that you will have a full recovery with the right balance of medication.

Oops... Actually, the 161 pulse rate is my pre beta blocker norm :) Somehow, I messed up the post's chronology with that particular detail. Between the time I had started the beta blocker and when the extreme lower pulse rate started during my recent 'crumping out', I could sometimes manage a peak rate of around 131 -135.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have been reading your wonderful posts, I have to admit to getting a bit misty-eyed. Your posted thoughts and words are really precious to me. Thank you so much; I am amazed at how uplifting your well-wishes are, and how they have helped strengthen my motivation.

I have Bookmarked and copied this thread to re-read. Each and every one of you who are part of this thread, are MY Camino Angels. :D

Oops... Actually, the 161 pulse rate is my pre beta blocker norm :) Somehow, I messed up the post's chronology with that particular detail. Between the time I had started the beta blocker and when the extreme lower pulse rate started during my recent 'crumping out', I could sometimes manage a peak rate of around 131 -135.

I can certainly understand given your circumstances and BPswings how difficult it would be keeping the chronology straight!;) 135 is great! You will not likely need to exert yourself so as to raise your heart to that level on most, if any, of the Camino?

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Each and every one of you who are part of this thread, are MY Camino Angels. :D
What goes around comes around.
Our responses are a measure of your kindness and generosity of heart, Dave.
May you go well and keep well...better and better.
Ultreya...
And buen camino, perergrino!

I am so sorry you're going through all this. Endocrinology is a complicated science. All health problems can cause frustration and depression, but I have heard that thyroid imbalances can directly do so. Ugh. I'm relieved that it sounds like you have a good partnership with your medical team. Please keep us up to date on how things are going! We are there for you, peregrino.

Good luck for you, @davebugg!
I keep my fingers crossed for you that you are somewhere near here in late September/ October, where I am now.... a little bit 'after' / west of León.

Good luck for you, @davebugg!
I keep my fingers crossed for you that you are somewhere near here in late September/ October, where I am now.... a little bit 'after' / west of León.

I will be on Camino from SJPdP on September 18 and walking into Leon on October 5. On October 6, I'll be continuing on to SdC , Lord willing, so maybe we will see each other. I will have this patch --- from Ivar's Forum Store --- on my backpack. :)

342xNxpilgrim-badge_1024x1024.jpg

I am so sorry you're going through all this. Endocrinology is a complicated science. All health problems can cause frustration and depression, but I have heard that thyroid imbalances can directly do so. Ugh. I'm relieved that it sounds like you have a good partnership with your medical team. Please keep us up to date on how things are going! We are there for you, peregrino.

Thanks, Jill. :) :)

I will be on Camino from SJPdP on September 18 and walking into Leon on October 5. On October 6, I'll be continuing on to SdC , Lord willing, so maybe we will see each other. I will have this patch --- from Ivar's Forum Store --- on my backpack. :)
Hopefully you are in October here near León.

But I am now near León in a hammock in an albergue.... and in October back in my 'normal' life.

Wow if this has been you being grumpy and out of sorts, you must be the most mellow person ever!! Seriously, I haven't noted any crankiness in my time back here. To the contrary!! Wishing you the best of healing and Buen Camino! I'm thinking there are going to be a lot of gimpy, slightly creaky, ever so slightly cranky pilgrims out there this fall!! :oops: Self included. But it beats the heck out of sitting on the couch! ;)

I’m new to the forum but have found your posts so helpful. I’m glad that you’re health will not deter you from doing what’s in your heart ❤️. I’m doing my first Camino and starting from SJPDP on 9 Sep 2018. Hope to meet you and give you a hug.

God bless

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well Dave, you really have surprised me. All the time you were helping me recently you gave no inkling of the problems you were dealing with. I am sure that even though your problems are difficult to cope with I know you will bring all your experience and knowledge together to *sort them*. As an old dog I gather my advice from the best sources I can find and I put you Dave with Keith Fletcher, Chris Townsend and Nick Crane. All blokes who have done it and generously and enthusiastically have passed on the *knowledge* to others.
I do hope you find your way clear for September and as others have done before me I wish you Buen Camino.

I want to add my two cents worth. Dave you are amazing - We all enjoy your posts. I'm so sorry about your health issues. I think we all understand how miserable you must be but like everyone says, you aren't cranky. My husband is cranky, you are not. About your thyroid -- I, too, have a hypothyroid and lucky for me, it's under control. It does take a little bit as I'm sure you already know - but once there it makes a big difference in how you feel. I've had this issue for more then 10 years and have gotten so I know when it's out of wack. You will get to be your own best "doctor" in taking action to remedy the little problem gland so you can adjust your meds. In any event, I hope I get a chance to run into you in September as I'm returning to finish my camino from Astorga. God be with you and please keep writing your wonderful posts.

342xNxpilgrim-badge_1024x1024.jpg
I agree with the others when they say yours are some of the most informative posts on the forum, and that it has not been noticed that you have been "cranky". I hope to return to the CF in 2019, but I must say I wish I was going this Sept. because I do believe you would be a very wonderful and interesting person to meet. I know how discouraging it is to be in good health, fight to stay strong and active, and have it all taken away. And I do not know your age, but I am in my 60's and I have been knocked on my rear,but with age it is it is harder to make that come-back. But you do, and you will! Buen Camino and Ultreia!!

Wishing you the best Dave. I too appreciate all the great information you have provided us on this site. Stay positive as you get this hormone balance worked out. At least you now know what the problem is. It will just take a little time to figure out the optimal input of the meds...it's all about fine tuning from now on. Tim

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
That's a heavy pack you've been carrying Senor Bugg.

I am glad that you have shared with us your predicament. Perhaps we can all help you 'lighten ' your load. If this forum is good for one thing, and it is most certainly good for more than one, it is very well prepared to assist pilgrims with shedding weight.

When our main control panel (thyroid, pituitary etc) decides to act out there's no telling where or when the 'blisters' will appear. Sugargypsie's comment about time and healing I thought quite relevant. Balancing multiple meds is an art form based on science and can take time from dosage to patients tolerance. It sounds as if you have a competent medical staff assisting you as well as your own intellect with its ability to assess and discriminate.

I pass on an old truism read on the wall in a gym where boxers trained:

"Keep your hands in front of your face,
Your elbows in,
and just keep bobbin' and weavn'."

There is not only light at the end of the tunnel, but light in the middle and the beginning as well.

Sooo, Gman stay in the light. It guides as well as heals.

Peace and prayers be with you.

Last edited:
Adding my two cents worth to the pile. Your posts have guided me and taught me, and mostly impressed me. Im only sorry that I am walking too far ahead of you to buy you a beverage in thanks. ( well unless something goes seriously wrong).

Take care of yourself.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back