• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Light weight shoes

frank john

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2016
October-November 2024
Hi all. Could anyone recommend a good light weight walking shoe for men? I can’t wear crocs or sandals and need some shoes to walk around in after hiking. Water proof might be helpful since I’m walking throughout November. Thanks for any guidance.
Frank

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My husband likes these. Kind of a cross between a slipper and a shoe.

North Face also makes a similar shoe (Thermoball mule V).

Hi all. Could anyone recommend a good light weight walking shoe for men? I can’t wear crocs or sandals and need some shoes to walk around in after hiking. Water proof might be helpful since I’m walking throughout November. Thanks for any guidance.
Frank
To be clear-- are you talking about a light shoe to walk around town ONLY? Or do you want something you might be able to occasionally swap out for your main walker out on the trail AND in the evenings.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There was a recent post on the topic

I’ve packed crocs on my last Caminos for end of day foot relief. This time I have a few things planned (cooking one evening in San Sebastián with a gastronomy society, Guggenheim visit in Bilbao) … so I ditched the crocs for a pair of Allbird loungers. Very lightweight, closed toe slip-ons, very breathable, super comfy and easy wash ability. I believe Sketchers also has similar options …

To be clear-- are you talking about a light shoe to walk around town ONLY? Or do you want something you might be able to occasionally swap out for your main walker out on the trail AND in the evenings.
Great question. I’m walking with an ankle high Merrill. Would like a pair of comfortable shoes to relax in after the long walk. Not hiking. And November is a rainy season.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Frank
Hi,
If you only need them for the evening (no trail hiking) google “recovery shoes” and you’ll find some. Hoka and Oofos both make a slide and Hoka used to have a shoe as well. Others are making recovery shoes as well.

I walked in Hoka Stinson’s and then brought a pair of OnCloud/OnRunning lightweight shoes to use in the evenings.

Buen Camino,

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for these suggestions. Never thought of the Hokas. Take care. Frank

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.