• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ligurian coast on your way to Roma from Santiago or Santiago from Roma

eze

Time of past OR future Camino
Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
Hello,

A few years ago, I walked to Roma from French Riviera passing by Oneglia (Imperia harbour) going to Diano Marina, Liguria, Italy.
To day, I went there for a family walk.
I wish to advise pilgrims that the way between those two cities is closed to bikers and walkers, until further notice, because of landslides.
There is no other opportunity than walking on the Stradale Statale where the trafic can be heavy and dangerous. Be very careful, i do know what i am talking about as far walking on italian roads...

I thought that it would be an interesting information for any person passing in that area.

Francis

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I recently saw a site that advised pilgrims about the options for going to Rome and back along that way to Santiago.They talked about a higher altitude route following the coast in this section, the link is here www.altaviadeimontiliguri.it/portale/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Living close to Monaco, i do know quite well this part of Liguria. The area you are referring to is not recommendable to pilgrims as it is mountainous not suiting to long distance walkers.
Those not willing to walk along the coast can join, from Arles, Montgenèvre pass and from there join either Cuneo towards Savona passing by Mondovi, or follow Via Francigena during 38 stages.

It is noticeable that, in Italy, from Ventimiglia bridge over Roya stream to Roma, arrows are two-coloured. Left part of the arrow is white showing the way to Roma and right part of the arrow is yellow to Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back