• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

'like' Doesn't = Thank You

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It's really lovely when people post a proper thank you for all the helpful answers to their pressing question. Clicking 'like' is better than nothing, but isn't quite as nice.

Just saying.

Some forums frown upon single posts that say "thank you".
I guess (but don't know if) it has something to do with storage space of files?

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Notion...you are correct. For example, I should have thanked you for your post on Tags. It explained a lot. Not sure I am as s thrilled at being in the 'quite elderly' category, but it's better than 'seasoned citizen', which is popular in the States. No sarcasm intended! However, you may 'like' me if you wish...

Last edited:
I take 'Likes' as a way of saying 'thank you' and always appreciate them. Easy to see when they have been received too instead of the thanks being lost in a spate of posts which then make the pages far too long with too many posts for easy use. It might not be 'formally' correct useage of the 'Likes' button but it works so why worry. The occasional thanks that includes more information etc is obviously always welcome too and adds to the thread in which it appears. :)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
On this forum the like button has always had two functions IMO, to say thank you and to show that you like or agree with the post. What I find worse is someone asking a question and never coming back to the thread to acknowledge the replies or to thank anyone.
Hence my like on this post since you expressed my sentiment and "thank you" for doing so.
:)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I answer/ask questions on various sites/forums occasionally. If someone posted that they preferred 'thank you comments' to 'likes' i'd think they were barmy.

Just saying.

Agree.
What bothers me even more is when you post an answer to an OP ( mostly a practical question ) and you get a nice thank you, another poster will give the exact same answer as you just did. Meaning he/ she did not read your reply. And I am not talking about long threads with several pages...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I´ve just learned a new word. :) Thank you @kayagee66 !
Glad to have expanded your English vocabulary. What's the swedish equivalent?
I have friends in Skellefteå and Byske, have you ever visited the area? I like it.

Glad to have expanded your English vocabulary. What's the swedish equivalent?
I have friends in Skellefteå and Byske, have you ever visited the area? I like it.
The Swedish word for barmy is knäpp, or if one prefer knasig, tokig. Lovely words :D I haven´t been to Skellefteå since 1974. I made a link from Google (hope it works, haven´t done one from maps before)
https://goo.gl/maps/rqjkvEz9KSP2 . It´s quite a bit from home. Karlskrona where I live on an Island called Trossö, is a World Heritage http://whc.unesco.org/en/documents/117985

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Swedish word for barmy is knäpp, or if one prefer knasig, tokig. Lovely words :D I haven´t been to Skellefteå since 1974. I made a link from Google (hope it works, haven´t done one from maps before)
https://goo.gl/maps/rqjkvEz9KSP2 . It´s quite a bit from home. Karlskrona where I live on an Island called Trossö, is a World Heritage http://whc.unesco.org/en/documents/117985
Nice. I've visited places around yours, but never there. Ystad, Nybro, Kalmar, Öland. And many times in Malmö. I'm quite a fan of Sweden, and hope to walk Kungsleden (or some of it) sometime. I've been to the start/finish of it some years ago when i went to Abisko to see the Aurora.

I'm quite a fan of Sweden, and hope to walk Kungsleden (or some of it) sometime. I've been to the start/finish of it some years ago when i went to Abisko to see the Aurora.
Me too. Watching the aurora from Abisko was thrilling. Last May I walked the Sundsvall to Trondheim Olavsleden: a pilgrim path from the Baltic Sea to the Atlantic across Sweden and Norway. Quite an experience. 580km, 17 days, 3 other pilgrims!

Nice. I've visited places around yours, but never there. Ystad, Nybro, Kalmar, Öland. And many times in Malmö. I'm quite a fan of Sweden, and hope to walk Kungsleden (or some of it) sometime. I've been to the start/finish of it some years ago when i went to Abisko to see the Aurora.
Glad you like it here. Next time you´re around don´t miss Karlskrona. :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Me too. Watching the aurora from Abisko was thrilling. Last May I walked the Sundsvall to Trondheim Olavsleden: a pilgrim path from the Baltic Sea to the Atlantic across Sweden and Norway. Quite an experience. 580km, 17 days, 3 other pilgrims!
This winter we could see the Aurora for 2 nights here in the south of Sweden :eek:. It´s so unusual, I can´t remeber that it have occurred before, but I have experienced it up North and it´s breathtaking :). Did you enjoy Nidaros?

Did you enjoy Nidaros?
Yes I did enjoy it. The cathedral is very impressive and Trondheim is a pleasant town. VERY expensive though :-( I was lucky to get a bed in the pilgrim centre beside the cathedral. Walking the Olavsleden was very different from the Spanish caminos: a lot more quiet and solitary.

VERY expensive though
I agree, Norway is VERY expensive. Lovely but to expensive for a longer stay.
Olavsleden was very different from the Spanish caminos: a lot more quiet and solitary.
Quiet, solitary, and no albergues or pilgrimmenus. Lots of tranquility, a bit lonely and lovely. Did I sum it up correctely? Glad you had 3 pilgrims to acompany you. Did you sleep in tent?
@notion900 Sorry for highjacking your thread. :oops: Thanks for your patience.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I do not mean to be contrary or critical, but could members please remember to use the Private Message facility for private conversations - have a look at Rule 6. The occasional personal comment between people on the public forum is fine, but not when it becomes a long exchange.

Agree.
What bothers me even more is when you post an answer to an OP ( mostly a practical question ) and you get a nice thank you, another poster will give the exact same answer as you just did. Meaning he/ she did not read your reply. And I am not talking about long threads with several pages...

I think people do this to give a second opinion confiming that the first post was right. One opinion you can dismiss but two, well...

Unless it's a timing thing - if you are writing a reply at the same time.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I do not mean to be contrary or critical, but could members please remember to use the Private Message facility for private conversations - have a look at Rule 6. The occasional personal comment between people on the public forum is fine, but not when it becomes a long exchange.
Thanks for reminding us Kanga, you are right :oops:. Sorry once again @notion900 .

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.