• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Liner Socks - Icebreakers

Abbeydore

Veteran Member
Have just bought a pair of these & giving them a dry run as it were.
Icebreakers they are and doing great, I'm warm in the feet department.
Having tried 1000miles ones many years ago & never really like them,
I'm impressed.

So following advice from this forum I'm almost convinced......... the main sock is going to have to be thin too, otherwise I'll cook :)

The boots seem a lot more comfortable too, hardly knew I had them on yesterday.
Hopefully can get away with one pair & wash & dry every night. :D
http://www.outside.co.uk/shop/Hike+Line ... n=shopping

.......of course I bought my partner a pair too :roll:
So as has been suggested this the cure for NON-Blistered FEET :D :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi: I have looked all over this site to find an answer to my sock question, but to no avail. I have large calves and am wondering which sock/liner I could fit into. Does anyone have this issue as well? Everyone is absolutely amazing in helping each other out and so very much appreciated. Keep it coming!! Plan on starting from SJPdP on Sept. 26/12!

Thanks!
Ellen

hi there Ellen, i don't have large calves but more like fat ankles and i found i used the toed liner socks called Nijinji and thick thurlo outer socks. I left sjdp on september 7th last year.

The main thing i did to address the problem was i took all my socks ( 3 inners + 3 pairs of outers) to the local tailor and had the tops removed. Apparently they do this all the time for people with diabetes. No pressure and just pure comfort.

good wishes on your journey.... i wish i was going again this year. cheers juju

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I use the Sportsman and Companion socks from Corrymoor, they are long ankle socks. I don't like the full length socks as I find them tight on my calves too. Other makes may have similar socks but we love the Corrymoors

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
First Camino and walking with my wife. Decision time. Fleece and Puffer. I think one only but weather looks changeable at the moment. Trying to keep under 7kgs! Looking forward to a experience of...
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.