Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Link for Lugo - Cotá - Friol in KMZ or GPX format

Lirsy

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
Does anyone have a link for downloading the track Lugo - Friol??

I just knew about this connection between the Primitivo and Norte and it looks great!! Not only you connect later with the C. Frances, but also you go to Sobrado dos Monxes, a place I really love, with that impressive cathedral in the middle of nowhere!!

I found the wikiloc, but I don´t know how to pass from that to KML :(

Tnx for your help!!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked this route last year. It was beautiful, if rather muddy in places in May. You can convert tracks from gpx to kml online. I have done several recently for my next camino.

First share the wikiloc file by sending yourself an email, and on your computer or laptop save the file somewhere easy to find, I use the desktop.

Again, on your computer or laptop, Google the term 'gpx to kml conversion' and several options will come up to create a kml file.

Once you have the kml file you can email it to yourself and open it on your phone in your desired app. I used maps.me.

Ep!!

The problem is that I have wikiloc, not GPX. Are the same?

I tried now to look in google for Wikiloc to KML and no luck :oops:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Open wikiloc on your phone and bring up the track you want. In the top right corner there is a share icon [<]. Click this and choose the 'export file' option. Choose the mail option and send it to yourself. Open the email on your computer and save the file to your desktop.

On your computer, type "convert gpx to kml" into your browser bar, and several options will be listed to do this on line. Follow the instructions. On my MacBook the kml file is downloaded to my 'downloads' folder.

Find the kml file and mail it to yourself. Open the mail on your phone (again, I use an iPhone, I don't know if it will be the same on an android). Tap and hold the kml file ,and if you have maps.me installed you should be given the option to open the file with maps.me.

Voilà, the track will appear on maps.me.

Good luck, I hope it works. If not, perhaps someone else can explain it better.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back