• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Link to resource about the new official route to Lavacolla avoiding Arzúa, St Irene & Pedrouzo

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Nice! Thanks for posting. I leave for Europe tomorrow and start the Primitive on Oct 11. I've been planning to take the green route from Lugo to Sobrado. Now with this I can miss the Frances until Lavacolla! Excellent news. Gracias.

Nice! Thanks for posting. I leave for Europe tomorrow and start the Primitive on Oct 11. I've been planning to take the green route from Lugo to Sobrado. Now with this I can miss the Frances until Lavacolla! Excellent news. Gracias.
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Is the author a forum member?
It's not on Gronze yet but they mention it in a news article.[/QUOTE
Is the author a forum member?
It's not on Gronze yet but they mention it in a news article.
Not sure but it is from casa Ivar so...it should be good
Ok am going to wait for confirmation before buying it.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, I wonder if it will be included in the 2019 wise pilgrim guide..
The new route was included already in the 2018 Wise Pilgrim guide, along with variations to cut off the new route before Lavacolla so you don’t have to traverse the busy N-634. And Michael is a forum member.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The new route was included already in the 2018 Wise Pilgrim guide, along with variations to cut off the new route before Lavacolla so you don’t have to traverse the busy N-634. And Michael is a forum member.
Hi Andy Cohen,
Thank you for the confirmation!. I am planning for next year , so I am looking into the norte route.

Good to hear it's in the guidebooks. Wouldn't surprise me if the Xunta decided to build an albergue at Lavacolla. It would then fit in with the new Xunta one at Boimorto, which always seemed a bit of a beautiful white elephant up to now.

Thanks for this piece of information.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I did it last year. It's a long day but really lovely. Plus - you avoid the litter, trail of used toilet paper, graffiti, noisy-party-pilgrims, groups of cyclists, cigarette smoke, hippies (and their guitars and mangy dogs) for one extra day. Surely worth it!

By the way, I stayed at the Boimorto albergue the night before that last stage - and I was the only one there. It's a little bit of a walk into the town from there but it is a really lovely modern albergue, and it would be nice to see it used more often.

I partially walked this route last year. After spending the night in Sobrado dos Monxes I walked to Twin Pines B&B in As Calles/Orxal. Rather than continuing on the new route I turned and connected to the Francés at A Brea.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.