• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Linking the Camí del Nord o del Canigó to a Camí Catalan

futurefjp

Camino enthusiast.
Time of past OR future Camino
Good morning,

I have found an interesting route through the Pyrenees from around Perpignan, via Prades - the GR83 between it and Mataró.

It seems, after a lot of 'no go', I'm on The Way again. Got a flight to Carcassonne on the 6th. Been on the Usual route through there towards Lourdes previous, and walked back from Girona towards Narbonne last year.

I might have a few weeks walking this time, if all good things come to pass re Covid, so could connect with the Camí San Jaume and head west along the south of the Pyrenees?

Any ideas? Or do I find my own Way?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes!
The GR-83 goes through Olot, just off the Cami Sant Jaume. So when you get there, follow the Caril Bici to Sant Esteve d'en Bas, and onwards towards Vic on the CC.
Check out this recent planning thread for details, starting at about post #193, although accommodation at SEdB is in previous posts::
(We discussed many options from there, so there is a lot to get through. Sorry. :oops: )

Yes!
The GR-83 goes through Olot, just off the Cami Sant Jaume. So when you get there, follow the Caril Bici to Sant Esteve d'en Bas, and onwards towards Vic on the CC.
Check out this recent planning thread for details, starting at about post #193, although accommodation at SEdB is in previous posts::
(We discussed many options from there, so there is a lot to get through. Sorry. :oops: )
Cheers. I'll look closer!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back