• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lires to Finisterre (Coastal)

Playful Dread

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way (Porto - Santiago - Finisterre) June/July 2015
Portuguese Way (Lisbon - Santiago - Finisterre) May/June 2017
Upon leaving Lires this morning headed towards Finisterre I was faced with the option of taking a more scenic coastal route. I had no idea this even existed and was simply going to continue following the regular yellow waymarks.

However instead I ended up following the green arrows once upon route (there was an intersection where the Finisterre coastal route seemed to be red markings). This green arrowed route took me along some 'paths' today that were absolutely breathtaking as well as quite hair raising too in parts.

I have to say it has been the best days walk I've had since I arrived at Lisbon a month ago.

Now in Finisterre having completed the Portuguese Coastal plus SdC to Muxia - Finisterre, I'm thinking of doing the Ingles next as I still have 2 weeks before my flight home.

Bom Caminho

Attachments

• 20170601_114317.jpg
    20170601_114317.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,257
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Playful Dread I hope you don't mind me highjacking your thread with a question...but it seems you are on the spot:

For the first two weeks in August I am working on a plan. Go to Zaragoza to see my friend for 2 days, then go to Lugo, meet two members of the forum, walk the Green Way to Sobrado (2 days), get bus to Ferrol (haven't worked out the details of the transport yet), walk the Ingles (5 days). All good.

But I have 2 weeks holidays. What to do with the remaining time? The obvious answer is to walk to Fisterra or Muxia, but I am rather averse to crowds, and I have a fear of being in 'party albergues' and being worn out instead of refreshed by the end of it. I have never been to Fisterra and don't want to possibly ruin it for myself by going when it's too busy. I had a vague notion of walking back on the Ingles to A Coruña. There are also two routes called the Rutas del Mar de Arusa y Ulla / Ruta Marítima.

Any advice?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back