• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lisbon or Porto

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Hi folks
I am due to walk from Lisbon on the 8th of Sept for 10 days. My 2nd jaunt of the year. I am hoping to meet a pilgrim friend there.
If not, I may travel to Porto and walk from there as I like mixing with people.
Just wondering if anyone has traveled by train from Lisbon to Porto and can comment on the frequency? I arrive in Lisbon at 10 am.
Thanks
David

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi folks
I am due to walk from Lisbon on the 8th of Sept for 10 days. My 2nd jaunt of the year. I am hoping to meet a pilgrim friend there.
Just wondering if anyone has traveled by train from Lisbon to Porto and can comment on the frequency? I arrive in Lisbon at 10 am.
Thanks
David
According to Rome2Rio.com there are quite a few trains to Porto.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Plenty of buses too!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you have the time walk from Lisbon. Portugal is a beautiful country and you would miss so much if you start at Porto.
I walked from Lisbon and I loved every minute of it.

Hi folks
Thanks
David
I am sure there are lots of options between the 2 biggest cities in Portugal. It ain’t going from Mayberry to Mt. Pilot 😀

Interested in walking from Lisbon to Porto during September 2020 Any advice especially with regard to distance and auberges Many thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back