• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lisbon to Fatima

Maria Man

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 Astorga-Santiago;2016 Le Puy-Najera ; 2017 Najera -Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia & Lisbon-Fatima
Hi guys,

I am thinking to walk a small bit from Lisbon to Fatima around mid Aug, does anyone has details about walking this part and the accommodations ? Does it need reservations in advance for the albergues ? Do you think it would be difficult to get a bed as the centennial celebration of Fatima this year ? Also is English enough to get by in Portugal ?

Thanks,
Maria

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Maria, I can't help with details on walking in Portugal, but I would strongly recommend reservations in Fatima in August.

The 15th of the months from May through October are always highly visited periods at the shrine, as these are the anniversary dates of the apparitions. Tens of thousands converge on the plaza on these days in any given year. This year that's expected to be far more (with hundreds of thousands expected this weekend).

Additionally, August 15th is an important "holy day" in the Catholic church in honor of Mary, making it even more attractive to Marion pilgrims. So add that into the equation as well.

Start checking availability now and see how things look. If you're not going for religious reasons, avoiding the middle of the month might make finding a bed a bit easier.

Good luck and happy planning!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back