• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lisbon to Oporto

musicman

Ensuitepilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
A group of four attempting to walk long the coast.
We are experienced Caminhoists.
Despite exhaustive efforts, we have not been able
to find a definitive map or route.
Any suggestion welcome,
We leave Lisbon on 10 th June.

Many thanks.

Toby65

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I think you will have to make your own route. Some Member may have done it and created a blog, but there does not seem to be an "official" route. Good luck!

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Planning to do the Portuguese Coastal Route in September this year.

Most common route I can make out is.

Porto-Vila do Conde
Vila do Conde-Esposende
Esposend-Viana do Castelo
Viana do Castelo-Caminha
Caminha-(border ferry)-Oia
Oia-Baiona
Baiona-Vigo
Vigo-Redondela

Then hooking up with the main Camino route to SdC.

I've downloaded a couple of maps in pdf form, (Vila do Conde, Esposende) and I'm planning on picking up a more detailed map over in Portugal.

Pretty sure I'll get lost a few times but that is all part of the fun right?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Walker-Brother
your route starts from Porto. Toby is asking about the coastal route from Lisbon up to Porto. There's a new section on the site for the Coastal route and I think Johnnie Walker has posted a link to his draft guide there.
Toby - I've heard through the CSJ that some members are planning to do the coast from Lisbon this year. If they have any detailed plans I should be able to find out next week and then let you know
cheers, tom

Tom,

Thanks for response.
Could you post me the link to
Johnnies Walker's draft,please?
Or,"e" me at jgtwort@ yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks for your time.

Best

Toby

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Toby65, I'm Camino now and took the following route:

Lisbon
Vila de Franca de Xira
Santarem
Fatima
Fugueira da Foz

Not the coast road so far but I wanted to see Fatema.

I'll be following the coast roads now to Porto and hopefully up to Fisterre

Following the coast from Lisbon shouldn't prove too difficult, there are lots of forest tracks. Not sure if you'll see many markers on that route.

Bon Caminho

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks H K,

Please keep in touch
if you have time hn you rejoin the coastal path.

My E is "jgtwort@yahoo.co.uk"

Obrigado and have a good Caminho,

John

what about this version of Camino? how was it, at the end?
i'm planning to do it too. Do you have some advises?
thanks
Luca

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.