Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Lisbon to Porto via SINTRA & Fatima

Past OR future Camino
April 2017
Booked to walk from Lisbon to Porto next October and just interested to see if anyone has walked it via Sintra & Fatima. Don't know what this route is called, for search purposes. Trying to find information such as maps, distances, accommodation, elevation profile, waymarking and how busy is this route.
I visited Sintra last year and found it a beautiful place to walk. Thanks in advance. Jerby

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

JCLima

Past OR future Camino
Booked to walk from Lisbon to Porto next October and just interested to see if anyone has walked it via Sintra & Fatima. Don't know what this route is called, for search purposes. Trying to find information such as maps, distances, accommodation, elevation profile, waymarking and how busy is this route.
I visited Sintra last year and found it a beautiful place to walk. Thanks in advance. Jerby
Hi! :)

You're probably talking about Caminho do Mar.
You can find informations here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/caminho-do-mar.38333/

Joana

Isabel Janeira

Past OR future Camino
Camino Português - Valença - Samtiago (June, 2015)
Camino Francês - Sarriá - Santiago - Sept/Oct - 2016
Yes, that's the most recent Camino and it's called Caminho do Mar. It starts at Estoril. http://www.cnc.pt/artigo/3126

jerby

Past OR future Camino
Frances-Finisterre 2013
Portuguese 2017
Portuguese 2018
Ingles 2018
Via de la Plata Oct. 2019
Hi! :)

You're probably talking about Caminho do Mar.
You can find informations here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/caminho-do-mar.38333/

Joana
Thanks for the info Joana. I never heard of it before, but ended up staying up late last night checking it out. It looks great. Must check out the accommodation but i think I will give it a go although I think it will cost me 2 extra days but it should be worth it. Thanks again. Jerby. Sorry, I'am logged into my wife's account.

jerby

Past OR future Camino
Frances-Finisterre 2013
Portuguese 2017
Portuguese 2018
Ingles 2018
Via de la Plata Oct. 2019
Yes, that's the most recent Camino and it's called Caminho do Mar. It starts at Estoril. http://www.cnc.pt/artigo/3126
Thank you Isabel for the quick reply. It looks great. I've been to Lisbon & Sintra last august and spotted a few blue arrows which got me thinking. I think I will definitely give it a go. Just need to check out the accommodation. Thanks again.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances