• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lisbon to Porto

Bimbo

Stella
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Central, Camino Costa from
Porto Lisbon to Porto (2019)
Future Walks and Camino Norte (2020)
Our next Camino will be from Lisbon to Porto starting on Sept 24 - Oct 21 and would like to know should we pre book our accommodations. before hand. My partner and I have done the coastal and the central ways from Porto.

Extended nights in Lisbon , Tomar, Golega , Coimbra and finally Porto, with small hotels or residential lodging preferred for our stays.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Our next Camino will be from Lisbon to Porto starting on Sept 24 - Oct 21 and would like to know should we pre book our accommodations. before hand. My partner and I have done the coastal and the central ways from Porto.

Extended nights in Lisbon , Tomar, Golega , Coimbra and finally Porto, with small hotels or residential lodging preferred for our stays.
Hello!
September last year we did Lisbon to Finisterre , if I would have 3weeks to a month on the Camino I would walk from Porto. There is not much to see between Lisbon to Porto. No need to pre book .
Good Luck and Bon Chemin

If you have one hour free go see Aventures from Greg and Helen on youtube.com .They did it and posted very good videos

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I walked between Lisbon and Porto, starting from Santarem last Oct and have the best memories from towns on the way which I went exporing in the evenings after the walk. I especially liked Santarem, Golega, Tomar, Coimbra and Agueda. It took me 10 days from Santarem, it means 13 from Lisbon if you want to follow the long stages in the Brierley guidebook. The most scenic and off the beaten track nature is probably between Golega and Coimbra, then it gets more suburban the closer you get to Porto. I don't think you'll need to book it in Sept there as the route is getting popular but not busy and there is no rush for the beds. Albergues are far from each other till Coimbra, but there are other private lodgings available. The full list of relevant accommodation: http://www.vialusitana.org/caminho-portugues/albergues/

Agree with surya8. We didn't take any extra days but really enjoyed all the stops in the towns surya8 mentioned. Lots of little surprises. We walked from Lisbon in 2015 and you shouldn't have any problems with accomodations. Lots of varied types. Enjoy. Dayton and Karen

Have to disagree with the idea of not much to see between Lisboa and Porto! The towns are pretty cool. Don't miss Coimbra (so worth a full day here) and of course Aveiro - the little Venice of Portugal. I am prejudice however as I am a resident of this incredible country.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you for sharing information on booking on our next Camino. My wife and I love to walk the many ways of Santiago and enjoy the many towns with a past history and very friendly people we meet. Our days of walking many kms per day are changing so we now take more breaks and love to explore the towns. The down side is parting ways with new people when we extend our stay and having to say goodbye till we meet again.

Iam on that route at present and it is extremely quiet, I have only met a handful of pilgrims, for many days I have been totally alone, there is plenty of good accommodations.

Someone wanted to share a taxi to Fatima on the 13th of May but I can't find the link, I would be willing to share

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

No need to pre book from Lisboa to Porto. Complete list of accommodation here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15YjQVotp9btlbTUx6YDMgFpHcm3__9msYMJ_nHKOe2E/edit#gid=0

Hello!
September last year we did Lisbon to Finisterre , if I would have 3weeks to a month on the Camino I would walk from Porto. There is not much to see between Lisbon to Porto. No need to pre book .
Good Luck and Bon Chemin

Hi, I totally disagree with this reply to
Hello!
Good Luck and Bon Chemin

Hi, There is loads to see between Lisbon and Porto. I totally disagree with you. Santarém, golega, Tomar, Coimbra, aguarde, these are are all great places. Not sure which route you took!

Hi, don’t worry about pre booking. There’s plenty of accommodation and I wish you bom caminho
Jon

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back