• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

lisbon to santiago

johns

RIP 2018
Time of past OR future Camino
CF "2010" Ingles and Finisterre "2011" CP - L-P-S "2012" F /M "2013" c norte may 2014 CP 2015
hi everyone flight booked 30 april to lisbon.start walking on the first may lisbon porto santiago hope i meet at least one pilgrim from lisbon to porto walked solo in december on CI :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, John,

I walked Lisbon to Porto several years ago in late spring and never met another pilgrim. I think the numbers are increasing, as the albergues start to open and the signage improves, so maybe this year will be different. A forum member, scruffy, is currently walking to Santiago from Lisbon, and maybe he'll post soon to let us know how it's going. Buen camino, Laurie

Oh, I wish I could convince you to stay a few days in Lisbon before walking! There is so much to see there. You can take a little train to Sintra; there is a lovely little albergue there. You can see Obidos and St. Jeronimo... the Museum of Coaches is spectacular, and the Military museum... and FATIMA!

PM me if you want a list of GREAT things to see there. There are two nice hostels in Lisbon, one is in town, the other a walk out of town by the sea...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will second Annie's opinion. It's not just her Portuguese heritage bias that makes her love Lisbon. :) Lisbon is truly a wonderful place. Well worth several days if you can squeeze them in. Beautiful views, delicious food, lots of charm, what more could you ask for?

I think that the second hostel Annie mentions is out by the Vasco da Gama bridge, which is where the Camino leaves Lisbon, so that is a convenient place. Since the first stage from central Lisbon can be kind of long, it cuts 8 km off the next day and makes it much more manageable.

There are lots of practical details in the CSJ online guides to the Portugues. There are two parts, Lisbon-Porto and Porto-Santiago. http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm Don't know if you've seen them. Buen camino, Laurie

anniessantiago thanks for reply i would love to spend more time in lisbon but im asking a lot of my wife as it is. could you give me the names of the hostels, LAurie i have both lisbon an porto guides as well j brierley l p s guide but will miss way at some point thanks john :?

Back