Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

list of albergues and hostals

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

rlt

We walked the via de la plata in April /May last year starting in Salamanca and finishing in Santiago. It was a huge positive experience for us, our first time to do the walk.We stayed in a mix of albergues, hostels and casa rurales. The standard was good everywhere.No bed-bugs either.

This year we are walking the other half, starting in Seville and finishing in Salamanca. Can anyone recommend a good hotel/hostel to stay when we arrive in Seville to sleep off the effects of our trip from Brisbane Australia? We want to be close to the start of the camino as it leaves Seville.
Regards,
rlt

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
Hi rit
lots of pilgrims tend to stay at the hotel Simon just down from the Cathedral and on the way. They also issue pilgrim passports.
I stayed at the Living roof hostel a bit lower down,no other pilgrims but a great open roof and a bit cheaper but not that many showers.
Ian

LTfit

Veteran Member
Hi rlt,

I just booked a night at the Triana Backpackers Hostel in Sevilla:http://english.trianabackpackers.com/home. Good price including breakfast (and airco) of E12-E17. I chose a 4 bed room for E 14. They also give out credentials.

Looks like a decent place and the yellow arrows right outside the hotel.

Cheers,
LT
p.s. just looked up Hotel Simon and it is indeed more expensive:

April/May E75,- single and E115,- for a double. In the summer it is cheaper but still at least E40,-

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
LTfit said:
Hi rlt,

I just booked a night at the Triana Backpackers Hostel in Sevilla:http://english.trianabackpackers.com/home. Good price including breakfast (and airco) also issue pilgrim passports.
wow ignore my previous post this looks the place, I remember walking past it and thought it looked really nice didn't realise it was an hostel,though it seemed like it was more than 15minutes from the Cathedral its in a ok area less glitzy than the old town and just a small walk back to the river and bridge and the view beyond,a perfect place to start your walk,some guide books recommend a short cut by the river which will take you behind the hostel but well way marked down the street by the hostel.
on my blog below is a video which starts on the walk out of town and includes the hostel,oh I wish I'd stayed there now.
Ian

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

ria

I stayed in hotel Simon in Sevilla last September, and they charged me only 47 euro's for two nights, because i was a pilgrim... Although some other pilgrims paid much more, but they booked in advance, maybe without telling they were pilgrims. But: very nice hotel, very nice location.
ria

rlt

Re-where to stay in Seville in May 2011.
Thanks to all who replied with information.
We tried to book into Hotel Simon and it was full. The same result with Hotel Monte Triana.
After looking ++ finally got a booking at Hotel Dona Blanca in Plaza Padre Jeronimo de Cordoba. Hope it is ok.
Seems that May is a popular time to be in Seville.
We are pre-booking but don't pay until we arrive. I will let them know that we are pilgrims.
Thanks for that tip.
Buen Camino!
rlt

bjorgts

Year of past OR future Camino
If you will be in Sevilla 03.05-08.05 you have found THE WEEK when the city is full of people because of "Feria de Abril". See the Fiesta if you have time! The prices on hotels/hostels is often the dobble this week. Bjørg

analeise

Can anyone tell me the weather as I walk from Seville to Santiago in late March to early May? Will I need much rain gear and how cold is it? Any suggestions of guides to download for this VLP route to print in English? I'm leaving the USA March 25th so my time is limited and I still don't have a print copy of the VLP route.

Thanks!
Analeise

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances