• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

list of albergues and hostals

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don't think any guide is up-to-date! Its almost impossible with new albergues opening almost monthly and some closing down.

On this website there are few albergues missing that I can see.

On the Frances la Faba has the Albergue Vegetariano (not listed on this site):

On the Fistera route the Casa Rural at Ponte Maceira is not listed: the old school albergue in Vialserio and the small albergue in Santa Marina are not listed, and the second most popular albergue in Finisterre - the Albergue de Paz - is not listed either.

I haven't looked at the other routes but chances are some albergues are missing from those too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Here are some more. We stayed in all of these, two of them, La Casa del Camino in Valverde de la Virgen and Le Escuela in Laguna de Castilla, we had alse stayed in previously when newly opened in 2008. We especially went back to these two because of the dedication the hospitalers gave to the Pilgrims.

Cirueña.Private Albergue La Virgen de Guadalupe. NEW. 12 beds (10 in bunks plus one double bed). Euros 7. Hospitalero Pedro will cook a communal dinner and makes breakfast (for an extra charge). Bar and internet in village.
He also invites the Pilgrims to go together to the church where he leads a simple prayer service.

Valverde de la Virgen. Private Albergue la Casa del Camino (or La Casa del Peregrino - I think they changed their name). Calle El Jano 2. First street on right hand side as one enters the town. Tel. 987 30 34 14 and 659 17 80 87. Owners Zaccarias and Pilar are also florists. They are perhaps the most generous owners/hospitaleros that we met on the whole Camino. Euros 8 with breakfast. 20 beds in bunks in a spacious room. Kitchen and dining area, plus plenty of place outside to sit among the flowers. Pilar will also make meals on request. Washing machine. Internet.

Trabadelo Private Albergue Crispeta. NEW. At the entrance to the village. Tel. 620 32 93 86 and 696 97 86 53. Euros 6 p.p. 20 beds in bunks. Kitchen/sitting room. Very clean. Washing machine. Bar downstairs (which closes early, so no noise) does meals and breakfast. Very friendly hospitalero.

La Laguna de Castilla. Private Albergue La Escuela,. Tel. 619 47 92 38. Last village before O'Cebreiro. Total 35 beds in bunks and a couple of private double rooms. Bar in building offers meals including early breakfast. Washing machine and plenty of space to dry clothes. Owner Luz is so helpful.

Villafranca Montes de Oca. Private Albergue San Anton Abad. NEW. Tel. 947 58 21 24 or 687 59 42 96. Euros 6 p.p. (but we think we paid 10 euros p.p.) At the exit of the town. Follow the arrows leading up the hill behind the church. This albergue is situated in the Ancient Hospital de Peregrinos which has recently been completely restored. Part of the building hosts an elegant hotel. Go to second entrance for the Albergue de Peregrinos. 38 beds in bunks, plus 19 matresses on floor if necessary. Pilgrim menu in restaurant is rather expensive (Euros 15 p.p.) (this albergue doesn't seem to have 'got their act together' yet). (very inconvenient laundrying facilities (wash sink in shower room - no plastic bowls to then take your dripping clothes one floor down and away round to the clothes line) Internet there, but not working (but it takes your money)! The kitchen comprises of a microwave oven and that seems to be all).

Marcadoiro. Private Albergue La Bodeguiña de Marcadoiro. Tel. 982 54 53 59. NEW. 3 kms before Portomarín. 32 beds in bunks in 8 rooms in a newly renovated old farm. Separate building hosts a bar and restaurant. No kitchen and no other facilities in the vicinity, so pilgrims must either bring along their food or use the facilities of the bar/restaurant. Very large field behind for drying clothes and relaxing. Washing machine.

Arzúa Private Albergue da Fonte. NEW. At end of town, just after the Municipal Albergue but on the same street. Tel. 659 99 94 96. Euros 7. 24 beds in bunks. In old restored building just a stone's throw from town centre. Good facilities and very clean. Kitchen. Internet. Friendly owner/hospitalera.

In Hornillos, the Private Albergue Sancti Spiritus on main street near the village shop, will be ready for opening by Spring 2010

NOTE: All the Albergues in Arzua are missing. There are at least 6, including the one I posted above, which is where we stayed.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.