• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List of Albergues, Le Puy to St. Jean PP

Here is a link to the latest and most comprehensive list of accommodations on the GR65 Via Podiensis / Le Puy route aka «Voie du Puy-en-Velay» [and all its variantes] in France that is maintained and updated on a regular basis ... e.g. new options were posted just yesterday!

<Le Puy / Via Podiensis Accommodations and Services>

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Second instalment of great places to stay.
Cajarc: Les Pelerines. Newish gite in lovely grounds easy short walk to delightful small town.
Selection of nice restaurants or self cater at gite.
Limogne en Quercy: Les Gloriettes. One of my favourites in large stone house with blue shutters in stunning walled garden setting. Spacious and easy, full of artifacts. Great for self catering or dinners out.
Gite de Poudally: In the country, beautiful newly restored property and delicious food.
Lascabanes: Nid des Anges. Attached to the church, lovely setting in glorious valley surrounded by massive sunflower fields.
Lauzerte: Les Figuieres. Newly built gite with nice rooms, ensuites, views, lovely food, based on figs as ingredients. Free internet.
Moissac: Ultreia. Run by a delightful irish couple and their little boy. Great rooms, coutyard garden, lovely food. Short walk to centre.
Auvillar: Gite Communal. Like a luxury hotel. Newly and tastefully refurbished. Pristine. Need to eat out or selfcater.
Castet Aroue: I stayed in a private house on the trail. The owner Marie Ange herself a pilgrim is wonderful and you join the family for dinner.
Marsolan: Enclos du Tabus. Large garden setting, standalone summer house, pool, great food.
Lamothe: This was the best value for money place on the whole trail. Run by Fritz, a german guy, it is a smallish refurbished bungalow, lovely new metal full lenght bunks, hospital covered latex mattresses, welcome drink, dinner of salad platter, followed by fantastic stew, cheese platter, wine.Breakfast of homemade Muesli and homemade bread. Free Internet. From memory around E 20.
Le Haget: Fantastic accommodation in stables on large farm. Demipension.
Hello from Australia...I have been reading your post about accommodation. I am interested to know if you can remember anything more about Castet-Arrouy you mentioned...like a phone contact or the name of the gite? I see you've named Marie Ange but I have exhausted all my research to locate which gite it might be...Thanks

Hello from Australia...I have been reading your post about accommodation. I am interested to know if you can remember anything more about Castet-Arrouy you mentioned...like a phone contact or the name of the gite? I see you've named Marie Ange but I have exhausted all my research to locate which gite it might be...Thanks
There are now only two GdEs [gîtes d’étape] at Castet-Arrouy and neither are hosted by Marie-Ange ... I’ve just been updating the spreadsheet today ... there’s the gîte communal [run by the mairie] and the GdE «le Temps de l’Escargot» [formerly Chez Nat] hosted by Jean-Patrick Pinet des Ecots ... there’s also a CH «au Musée d’Albert Sala» ... is this / that what you wanted to know??

I know of no Marie-Ange at Castet-Arrouy ... lots of accommodations change hands ... and the list abovs is now pretty dated

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are now only two GdEs [gîtes d’étape] at Castet-Arrouy and neither are hosted by Marie-Ange ... I’ve just been updating the spreadsheet today ... there’s the gîte communal [run by the mairie] and the GdE «le Temps de l’Escargot» [formerly Chez Nat] hosted by Jean-Patrick Pinet des Ecots ... there’s also a CH «au Musée d’Albert Sala» ... is this / that what you wanted to know??
Thanks for the clarification. I will take this on board and continue to research those gites as you've mentioned...merci beaucoup

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back