• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List of Alberques November-December

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
no one mentions the opening period
In each stage, click on the albergue name and you will get a listing that often includes the time of year the place is open.

Zubiri (5)
Albergue municipal de Zubiri Avda. Zubiri (en la antiguas escuelas) 78 plazas 8 euros | Cocina de uso libre
Albergue Zaldiko C. Puente de la Rabia, 1 (en la entrada) 24 plazas 10 euros | Sin cocina (microondas y frigorífico)
Albergue El Palo de Avellano Avda. Roncesvalles, 16 57 plazas 15-17 euros (d) | Cena comunitaria

Albergue municipal de Zubiri
Localidad: Zubiri
Dirección: Avda. Zubiri (en la antiguas escuelas)
Exclusivo para peregrinos: Sí
Admite reserva: No
Expide la credencial: No
Número de plazas: 78
Dormitorios: 3
Año de apertura: -
Titularidad: Municipal
Gestión: Municipal
Disponibilidad (meses inclusives): De mediados de marzo a octubre
Hora de apertura: 12:00
Hora de cierre: 22:00
Precio: 8 euros
Acondicionamiento: Sencillo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am also starting on Monday and I printed the list and spent two days trawling through the Eroski site and marking on my list who will be open as it affects me. Meet me at the Pilgrim office when they open and I'll share.

Hola

When I walked a winter Camino the Albergue/pilgrim office in Saint Jean provided a photocopied A4 sheet with a the list of albergues that was open on Frances.
This list basically had one albergue open for each ≈25 km days, following Brierley and other guides.
As we found out the list was not entirely correct.
At a few towns we found an albergue that was closed despite being on the open-list.
As well as there were more albergues open than on the list.
It seemed that the way the list was done was by phoning to albergues and asking if they were open and putting this on the list.
This resulted in an un-updated list as life and coincidences changed the situation ahead, but I did like this analogue and useful list.

Along the way, ask the hospitalero/a about the situation ahead, as they often know or make calls to confirm information on the list.
Some towns will open an alberuge or hostal if many pilgrims are arriving or on route.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Yes, I have already seen inconsistencies -- sometimes a list says a place is open, but then when I emailed them, they said they were closed.

I am getting the sense that most places will be able to tell me/help me with the next night's bed.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
November through the other Winter months require a much more flexible attitude in regard to sleeping.
Be prepared to use pensiones, hotels, etc. when an albergue is not open. This will give you a bit more peace of mind.
Calling ahead each day to check possibilities or checking with present night hosts is a good idea.

I think that a late season/winter start is now the best plan on the CF to avoid the changes to the Camino experience... that the crowds in the summer have made.

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank You for all the replies! I appreciate it. The outcome : I will see :)

I am sure that my ''Driver" will help me out during my Way.

Thank You Amanda,

Looking forward to see You somerwhere around.

Buen Camino
Simon

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I wrote out a list of all the albergues that were supposed to be open, according to the Eroski site. But it wasn't accurate. Some that were supposed to open " todo el ano " were closed. And vice versa. Some information given by hospitaleros about places open in the next stopping point weren't correct either. BUT there was always AN albergue open, and no problem with beds. Twice I found myself totally alone, so ended up walking on, rather than being on my own ( scary prospect for me) ! Some small villages have nothing open, and it's useful to know which they are

Hi All,
Thank you for all the answers.

I started my camino on the 11th november so this is my 18th day.......i think i can give proper answer to myself and to all reading this forum.

1. Yes I have got a list from SJPP offfice which is more or less accurate. Some small villages have private albergues which the list do not mention.
2. Always ask hospitaleros about next village but be prepared that sometimes they lie.........!!!!!!
3. Eroski app more or less ok ;)

Peace and love

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back