• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List of Gites Le Puy to St Jean PP

André Hospitalet

Inside our website we have list many gites that we known with night price egal or lower than 15€00, kitchen and demi pension reasonable price:
It is possible to walk the way of le Puy and save your budget. That is a source of Inside peace.
We think also that simplicity is the key to walk to Compostelle in pilgrim spirit.
Father André
Christian Orthodox gite Hospitalet Saint Jacques
Aire sur l'Adour

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
So many familiar names!! The prices have increased a bit faster than on the Camino Frances, but not by much. Prices are comparable to the final two weeks into Santiago on the Camino Frances. While I recommend the demipension, it will cost you at least 10E more than a night in Spain.

The route is so different from the Camino Frances. Churches and chapels are open (occasionally you need to knock on the door next to a church to have it unlocked; or ask at the town bar). The food is much less routine than the menu peregrino in Spain. A fair number of the gites are owner occupied, and the food and conversation is amazing if only because of the smaller group.

Repeat peregrinos should seriously consider moving outside their comfort zone of the Camino Frances and walk the Chemin de St. Jacques.:)

Aire sur l'Adour is among my favorite towns.;)

Inside our website we have list many gites that we known with night price egal or lower than 15€00, kitchen and demi pension reasonable price:

Thank you for the information.

Could you explain what it means when you write Nuit 14€90, for instance. What are the 14 and the 90 here?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Also thanks for the info's from me it rearly helps me in planing my pilgrimage. And maybe it's not the right place, but the question about booking accomodations along the trail still standing.
Some guides advice to book and others advice not to giving that you are a solopilgrim.
Could you pilgrim tell about you experience on the book or not book walking pilgrimage in France.
Thanks in anvance.

I don't know yet but I'm planning on walking in June and was warned by someone who walked last year that booking ahead a day or two is wise because of the lack of accomodations. I am walking the Cele variant and I have definitely gone ahead and pre-booked that week .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Could you pilgrim tell about you experience on the book or not book walking pilgrimage in France.
Most of the pilgrims are French, and they book. Therefore, you should too. If your telephone French is bad, have the host or the tourist office call for you. Booking one or two days in advance usually is sufficient. As much as anything, it is about not wandering town looking for a bed. Let your dialing fingers do the walking!

Even the municipal gites take reservations. Cancel the reservations you will not use as soon as you can to free up the bed for someone else (you might be the "someone else" the next day). Nothing irks the French more than the rudeness of a pilgrim who does not cancel. Even really bad French is not as irksome as the empty bed.:)

It is possible to walk the way of le Puy and save your budget. That is a source of Inside peace.
We think also that simplicity is the key to walk to Compostelle in pilgrim spirit.
Father André
Christian Orthodox gite Hospitalet Saint Jacques
Aire sur l'Adour
Looks like a tranqile place to rest.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Great resource!!
And I must say that the ultimate walking experience is LePuy plus Camino Frances. If you have 70+ days, it is the best of all worlds (at least my 2013 walk was). The two Caminos are totally different experiences!! France is a bit more expensive than Spain--about a daily 40eu vs 30eu for the basics.

Hi everyone! As you know 2021 is a special year because all of us we want to celebrate the 120th Compostela Holy Year. My question is if anyone has walked Camino from Le Puy to Saint Jean this year? If yes - please tell us about your experience and especially how gites (albergues) are affected by Covid 19 current regulations. We desperately want to go there....

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims. We will be walking the Via Podiensis from Le Puy-en-Velay in Sep/Oct this year and are in the process of planning our route and stages. We see there are three route variants...
Hi all, I just bought my ticket for my next Camino this summer (yay!). I wanted to walk in France—I loved the Norte and primitivo last year, and I thought it would be cool to explore another...
Hello pilgrims, Where can we stay in Lagos or Les Faux? Tia Best, Ingelin

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back