• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List of recommended Albergues, Monasteries and Convents on Camino del Norte/Primitivo

KerryW

KerryW
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016
Via Podiensis 2017
Norte/Prim 2019
Hi everyone We're beginning to plan our 3rd camino - Camino del Norte and on to the Primitivo. When we walked both the Camino Frances and Via Podiensis, we gleaned loads of information from others on this forum (thanks Ivar!!) who had already walked the route - the simple 'pilgrim' accomodations (yes ...even the mats on the floor!) and the feeling of confraternity with fellow pilgrims. Does anyone know of a list that exists or does anyone have any recommendations for us? Thanks! In anticipation :) (from Australia)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
this is a list I made for my 2016 camino and updated a bit in may 2018: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...mmodation-list-for-camino-del-norte-2016.493/. there are a few closed albergues (in san vicente de la barquera, most notably) and perhaps a new one open somewhere.

it's always best to check with gronze: https://www.gronze.com/camino-norte.
Great work. Saved me a of of time. Now I have to visit Gronze only when the info in this list is inaccurate. Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.