• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List of the locations of laundromats?

Anne100

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte, Sept.-Nov. (2013)
Is there a list anywhere of which towns along the CdN have laundromats, and where those laundromats are located? Thank you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Anne,
Very sorry to tell you that unless things have changed dramatically, there are virtually no laundromats on the Camino del Norte. For whatever reason, self-service laundromats are just not common in Spain. What you may find (for example in Santiago there's one and also in Santo Domingo de la Calzada) are lavanderias where you bring your clothes and drop them off, and someone else washes and folds them.

BUT I think you will find a growing number of albergues that have washing machines and occasionally dryers. I was surprised to find that even on the very untraveled Camino del Levante there were washers in many albergues. Usually the service costs 3-5 euros. Also, if you ever stay in a Casa Rural or often in small pensiones, you can get the owners to do a load of wash for you at a very reasonable price, or even for free.

Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks, Laurie. I'm planning on camping instead of staying in the albergues but I will need clean clothes from time to time. I'll have to hand-wash as I go.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you stay occassionaly on a campsite then a lot of them have quite good facilities for washing clothes i stayed on two, one had machines and even the other one had proper hand basins for washing and pounding your clothes, they even had a wind tunnel type place for drying them.

I stayed at Camping Playa la Franca (just past Colombres) in a Cabin (garden shed) the facilities (showers etc) were very clean and modern. There were coin operated washing machines there and also proper hand washing sinks with built in washboard . I imagine many other campsites ( and the route is coastal so there are a lot) would also have machines for their customers. If they are not busy they might not mind non customers using their machines. Playa La Franca had a bar and restaurant which were open to members of the public.(also beautiful beach to visit) You can always ask, I found most businesses on the Camino N were willing to help pilgrims in what ever way they could. enjoy your trip. hotfleece

People here own their homes , very few rent them. So people have washing machines at home and have no need for laundromats.
Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, Anne,
Very sorry to tell you that unless things have changed dramatically, there are virtually no laundromats on the Camino del Norte. For whatever reason, self-service laundromats are just not common in Spain. What you may find (for example in Santiago there's one and also in Santo Domingo de la Calzada) are lavanderias where you bring your clothes and drop them off, and someone else washes and folds them.

BUT I think you will find a growing number of albergues that have washing machines and occasionally dryers. I was surprised to find that even on the very untraveled Camino del Levante there were washers in many albergues. Usually the service costs 3-5 euros. Also, if you ever stay in a Casa Rural or often in small pensiones, you can get the owners to do a load of wash for you at a very reasonable price, or even for free.

Buen camino, Laurie
I recently used excellent laundromats in Pamplona and in Logrono. The cost was approximately 7 Euros to wash and dry a medium-sizedd load. Machines were excellent--very efficient. 30 minutes wash cycle and 30 minute dry cycle.

I recently used excellent laundromats in Pamplona and in Logrono. The cost was approximately 7 Euros to wash and dry a medium-sizedd load. Machines were excellent--very efficient. 30 minutes wash cycle and 30 minute dry cycle.
Welcome to the forum Sheila.
Thank you for the information about washing machines, but these are on the Frances not the Norte. A few albergues have machines and and these might be listed on 'gronze' for any of the Camino routes.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.