• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List of Towns Based Upon Total Distance from or to Santiago

joevanderen

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2019)
Hi I am completing my own "Camino" from now until the end of the year. I am walking the same distance that I did in 2019 on the Camino Frances and Finisterre while living in Buenos Aires and wanting to get healthier. I am writing this up and comparing my two "caminos." For this reason, I was wondering if there is a list out there of all of the towns and their distance from StJPdP or to Santiago? I have found the big pdf of albergues and towns and could just add up the kilometers between, but I would prefer to not... haha. What I am looking for would be something like: "0km: StJPdP, 24km: Roncesvalles, ... 900km: Finisterre)

Edited by ivar. Removed link

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi I am completing my own "Camino" from now until the end of the year. I am walking the same distance that I did in 2019 on the Camino Frances and Finisterre while living in Buenos Aires and wanting to get healthier. I am writing this up and comparing my two "caminos." For this reason, I was wondering if there is a list out there of all of the towns and their distance from StJPdP or to Santiago? I have found the big pdf of albergues and towns and could just add up the kilometers between, but I would prefer to not... haha. What I am looking for would be something like: "0km: StJPdP, 24km: Roncesvalles, ... 900km: Finisterre)
Camino Ninja does that for you. This app has saved our bacon many times! Unfortunately, the creator of the app passed away in June. May he Rest In Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try an app like ‘world walking’ which allows you to take the pedometer reading from a smartphone and apply the steps to a wide range of routes worldwide. I started in January 21 and polished off the Frances in a couple of months dog-walking, then started a full circuit of the Mediterranean . From Morocco, I’m now in Israel. As is (virtually) Henry the actual Dog.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think the Brierly book does that as well.
With the book you have to add up mileage if the towns are off stage. On the Buen Camino app stage planner I can enter any starting town and any ending town and it will show the distance between them. Godesalco is similar.

If you are trying to keep fit by walking the camino virtually - there is a thread on this forum /re: free app called :
Walking4fun.
Quite a selection of trails to walk ‘virtually ‘ and includes Camino Francés, camino portugués, Chemin Le Puy & many interesting walks.
Very motivating ! I’m working through them slowly - I’m on my 17th trail
Buen camino.

Screen shot of front page and link to thread follow below.

Attachments

• 6522F1EE-88F6-4764-925E-4D1AD5E51B4F.png
    6522F1EE-88F6-4764-925E-4D1AD5E51B4F.png
    13.3 MB · Views: 29
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
All the Wise Pilgrim apps also do the distance countdown, town by town, on every route.

The information is out there and easy to access.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really like this website. For distance between places I have found it to be accurate https://godesalco.com/plan/frances

Wise Pilgrim give you distance to next town, distance covered and how must is left to do.

IMG_20DF88EBC721-1.jpeg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@joevanderen I appreciate that you really don’t want to put any effort into this project but the apps that measure your progress over ground using gps aren’t going to help you when you’re not on the ground. So, if you really want to know how far it was from Erehwon to Llareggub via Roncesvalles you need to use www.Gronze.com and just a tiny bit of personal effort 😉

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Aquí tienes este recurso en español con la mayoría de los Caminos, todas las distancias, los albergues, etc. Ojalá que te sirva:) Para mí, ha sido una gran ayuda a través de los años.

Does this help at all?

Attachments

• SCAN0212.JPG
    SCAN0212.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • SCAN0213.JPG
    SCAN0213.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

This site has distances https://godesalco.com/plan. I really liked it

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back