• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List your pilgrim blog URL Here - we want to read your story

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi,
Ivar has kindly loaded my blog link to my signature block below.

I'm a beginner ( and very slow learner) with blogs, hyperlinks, Twitter, colour television, mobile telephones and all that sort of modern stuff but, I've promised some folks I'll at least try. Which will be pretty testing for a guy who has only just found the joy of zippers in place of buttons :p

So, although my blog might eventually read like the inane drivel of a drunk old man (I assure you I will be 100% sober when I post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hic!) and if you decide to read it I promise to make as few spelling mishtakes as pozzible.

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have a blog at http://footprintsonthecamino.blogspot.co.uk but it's perhaps a little different to other blogs here as, although I've walked the Camino from St Jean to Santiago twice and parts of the Camino Frances four other times, I haven't yet blogged whilst on the Camino. I blog about Camino experiences at home, craft ideas, looking back on my Caminos, history and traditions of the Camino, other pilgrimages .. anything as long as it's vaguely Camino related. I will be blooging (wife allowing) about my next Camino in three weeks timethough so drop in and have a look.
Rachael

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's blogging WiFi allowing .. autocorrect got me there!
I have a blog at http://footprintsonthecamino.blogspot.co.uk but it's perhaps a little different to other blogs here as, although I've walked the Camino from St Jean to Santiago twice and parts of the Camino Frances four other times, I haven't yet blogged whilst on the Camino. I blog about Camino experiences at home, craft ideas, looking back on my Caminos, history and traditions of the Camino, other pilgrimages .. anything as long as it's vaguely Camino related. I will be blooging (wife allowing) about my next Camino in three weeks timethough so drop in and have a look.
Rachael

Today; I am unable to walk!

Yes, it’s ironic
that I just walked every inch of over 500 miles on the Camino de Santiago from France to Spain and for the past five weeks, I have been in the hospital looking at ceilings still not able to walk on my own! To add to my back problem, I had a stroke last week in the hospital.

As the doctor sat on the side of my bed, he said, “Your life will never be the same…you just had a life-changing event with the stroke you had!” The blood clot landed on the left side of my brain, which caused my vision problem and might be the reason for my dizzy spells. He said this is permanent damage and will never get better!

I thought this was all good news….life changing and never be the same. I do love change and the challenge of overcoming fear. However, this is one test I did not expect.

YES....they said I still have a brain?

Walking the Camino was the greatest experience in my life with so many lessons learned. So which lesson can I use to get through this “Not being able to walk challenge?” Is it, accepting this.... or is it, proving the Doctors wrong? There were days during my 56-day journey when I just could not walk anymore and had to give up. However, that was for the day; not for making it to the end. I always had the vision of taking my final step. My Camino lesson for this challenge is having a mental picture of the way I want things to be, not the way they are!

Today, as I lay on my back in a nursing home that has physical therapy, I have a vision of me, taking my first step without any assistance or medication. I know this will come true ,because of you all, I have gotten over a thousand messages with prayers and healing thoughts from around the world. I am truly grateful for all your support.
Getting here (Peoria Illinois) was not worry-free; I had a lot of help from my friends in Thailand and America. The flight was not an easy one from Thailand; it was about 28 hours with a four-hour layover. I only had to vomit two times and had to wear a diaper and did not have to use it. I made it all the way to the Peru hospital. That is 32 hours without having to pee; I think I should get an award for that? lol

I am truly thankful for all that pitched in on my medical expenses and my brother Bob, who paid for my flight back to the US. Plus a huge hug to the people at Lanna Care, Nancy, Ann and Francis, who walked me through every step that I had to take to make everything come together, I could have never done this without them. LOVE YOU ALL….Jim

http://wp.me/p2xjTs-kP

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,

I'm a beginner ( and very slow learner) with blogs, hyperlinks, Twitter, colour television, mobile telephones and all that sort of modern stuff but, I've promised some folks I'll at least try. Which will be pretty testing for a guy who has only just found the joy of zippers in place of buttons :p

So, although my blog might eventually read like the inane drivel of a drunk old man (I assure you I will be 100% sober when I post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hic!) and if you decide to read it I promise to make as few spelling mishtakes as pozzible.

Buen Camino

Hi John
I have just "followed" your blog. It looks great to me :)
You start from St Jean a few days before me, but I will read your site, along with others, where wifi is available :)

I'll try to update mine as I go along also!

Hi,

Buen Camino

Hi John
You start from St Jean a few days before me, but I will read your site, along with others, where wifi is available :)

Hi,

Buen Camino

Hi John

Hi

I'm planning to leave SJPP on 24 April 2014.

My friends have persuaded me to blog, so I've reluctantly added an iPad mini to the packing list. I have no idea how this blog will turn out, but here is the link:

http://gidivet.wordpress.com/

I love your blog Gidivet, such beautiful pictures! Will keep an eye out for you as I'm leaving SJPP two days later.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Almost a year ago....I took my first step and after my 500 mile journey, today I lay in a hospital for the past 12 weeks unable to walk! The lessons from my Camino is the only thing (plus all the support from around the world,) that is keeping me going. I know somehow, I will walk again! My latest message is.....
Just click.....http://jimscaminodesantiago.wordpre...es-your-stride-in-life-even-if-you-cant-walk/

192_0868.JPG

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have really enjoyed reading the blogs and experiences of everyone on this site, it has been a tremendous help getting ready for my own camino. My sister Lez & I begin our camino on July 1 flying into Madrid. Our blog can be seen here http://eyesofapilgrim.com.

Mike--
We've read your blog, and I like your project idea. When you've completed it, please let us know so we can give it some coverage in the Camino Quarterly.
Thanks,
Chris

Mike--
We've read your blog, and I like your project idea. When you've completed it, please let us know so we can give it some coverage in the Camino Quarterly.
Thanks,
Chris
That's great, I'll keep in touch and I appreciate your interest.

Starting my first Camino from SJPdP in a little over a week!
www.SometimesSheTravels.com

EDIT: I returned from the Camino Francés on July 30, 2014, an adventure I described in an email to my father as the "time of my life and the journey of a lifetime".

The advice I received here on the Forum was invaluable to my experience in so many ways; Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

P.S. I have my plane ticket back to Spain this June where I will spend 55 or so days walking the Norte, Finisterre/Muxia, Salvador, and Primitivo routes, if all goes as planned! Buen Camino everyone!
IMG_1266.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

I'm planning to leave SJPP on 24 April 2014.

My friends have persuaded me to blog, so I've reluctantly added an iPad mini to the packing list. I have no idea how this blog will turn out, but here is the link:

http://gidivet.wordpress.com/
Just read your most recent post, which included, "I found the blogging process on the Camino more of a challenge than I anticipated." Will you share more about how blogging was more of a challenge than you had expected? Thank you and thank you for sharing about your journey.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Alyssa
I think it is personal but also practical.
1. I was often exhausted. I had some unanticipated medical issues eg. swollen feet, knee injury.
2. The Camino is very social. If there was a choice of going into town with fellow pilgrims I did that instead of staying in to do the blog.
3. I'm used to typing on a keyboard and still don't find the touchscreen natural.
4. The biggest turnoff was poor WiFi bandwidth.

Many people blog successfully, and are naturally more talented or motivated. For me it was lower on the priority list. I learned early on that I preferred just enjoying the moment and blogging didn't always fit into that.

I'm glad I did manage to put up some posts rather than give up because many of my friends who are not on Facebook thanked me afterwards for making the effort.

I'm on the Camino del Norte and find blogging a great way to keep my family updated without having to text to everyone. Using tmobile (from the US) I have not had to pay for extra data. And all texting is also free. You are welcome to follow along.
http://myadventure2014.tumblr.com

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Gidivet-hope you are settling back OK. We still can't believe the experience we've had

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A year after my walk and how my journey goes on helping me through anything life throws at me. It is always sunshine some-ware. Join me for some Sunday Morning Coffee where journey lessons are shared! just click....Camino Morning Memories.

My final step, Santiago Cathedral, Spain
"What I can't do we can!"....
you proved that. Love you all, Jim

Cowboys on the Camino
paulmcnutt.blogspot.com

We're about halfway done, the blogs are posted about every three days or so, and they're mainly for the family back home but I thought someone may find them interesting. It's just an Oklahoma family (dad and his college age kids) walking the Way.

Great resource. All these blog addresses in one place. I start my journey in st jean on July 12. I will be blogging at cottontowngal.wordpress.com I look forward to reading all your adventures.

Camino Frances starting tomorrow, July 12. My blog can be found at cottontowngal.wordpress.com. Buen camino to you all : )

Hi everyone,
I have been searching the site, but haven't been able to find a topic that just has listings of people's pilgrim blogs (all in one place)

How about sending replies here with your blog URL here so we can all easily find and read each other's Camino stories?

Mine is: http://www.caminopilgrimage.blogspot.com

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

PS, if there is a topic for this on the site already, can someone let me know?
Hi, I've posted before but just put one up The Cockleshell and the Camino. You can find it and more by clicking here:
http://mightyturk.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/the-cockleshell-and-the-camino/

Hi everyone,
I have been searching the site, but haven't been able to find a topic that just has listings of people's pilgrim blogs (all in one place)

How about sending replies here with your blog URL here so we can all easily find and read each other's Camino stories?

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

I want to post myi blog URL as well in the form, but cannot find the right spot ......... ?? can you help?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I posted a link to my camino Frances blog earlier in this thread.

I have now completed the caminho Portuguese from Lisbon. It was a fabulous experience and I posted daily to my blog with lots of useful information about the Portuguese route.
http://www.magwood.wordpress.com/camino-portuguese/
I'm enjoying your Caminho Portugues blog - it's the perfect companion to Brierley - and much easier to read :). I just got back from trying on your Merrel Moabs at REI. It's a toss-up between them and the Keens - do you think waterproofing or ventilation is more important for the Porto-Santiago stretch? Thanks again for sharing. All the best, Paul.

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

Gathered on the Way - May June 2014 https://walkingcaminodesantiago.wordpress.com

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well, Im preparing to start my second Camino in less than 3 weeks. My first one was Sept 2012. I have just finished 27 days of that one on my blog, lol. Took me 2 years to write about it. i hope to finish it before I leave for the next one.

http://www.runwiththesnake.blogspot.com

Buen Camino

"Snake"

Hi
Our camino was in early July 2014 from Sarria to Santiago. It was much harder than we thought and took 6 days instead of anticipated 5. The weather was quite good. It was hot in the open plains and at high noons but otherwise fine, no rain until we went to Finisterre. No bugs, no ferocious dogs, but plenty of friendly natives and pilgrims. It certainly was a trip to forever remember for my family.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...ntiago_de_Compostela_A_Coruna_Province_G.html

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for doing this. It is great to have access to so many blogs on the Camino.
Here is mine - just got the bit to Finistere to come - apparently I don't want to complete writing the blog just like I didn't really want to stop walking either.:)

http://scribesarcade.wordpress.com/

Best. xo CathieTherese

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
ww.walkintheworldmystyle.tumblr.com
I have started my blog before I walk in preparation. I love walking and have logged many hours in my training. Only 8 days before I fly to Paris to start my camino.
Buen camino

Terrific idea!

Mine is: https://followingthearrows.wordpress.com/

I have walked the Camino Frances (May 2013), Camino Portuguese (July 2014), Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage (Nov 2013), Coast to Coast (UK, 2013), Thames Path (UK, 2013) and Hadrian's Wall (UK 2014).

Hopefully I'll be walking the Via de la Plata next, I look forward to reading everyone's blogs about it :)

Buen Camino,
Kat

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

Mine is: http://walkwithsandra.blogspot.com/p/camino.html. Enjoy!

As a newbie to this forum, I wanted to ask a question about blogging. I'm sure this has been covered a million times before, for which apologies, but I couldn't seem to find out exactly what I was looking for. I also hope I've started this thread in the right place - mods, if not, please feel free to move it! :)

Anyway, like many who undertake a Camino, I wanted to report/write up on it - partly as a memento for myself, and partly for the benefit of others who might find something of interest. I'm in the process of putting it together at the moment in the form of a retrospective blog, but I wondered if it were possible to link to it from here - if it was allowed, and - if so - how best to do so?

The blog already exists, so I'm not seeking advice on how to set one up - just whether there is a way of doing so that doesn't breach forum ettiquette.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Julio

€46,-
Hi Julio, as falcon says just post your link to the link above. Looking forward to reading it.

Thanks, there's a bit to do yet, but I'll post as soon as it's ready.

PS. Like your avatar pics - I remember seeing that along The Way. :)

My Blog is https://ensuitepilgrimblog.wordpress.com/

Entries for the last year or so, relate a different kind of Caminho; my battle with Cancer, but prior to that are two accounts of a group walk from Lisbon to Porto ( non existent way marking! ).
Then, last September,2013, walking solo along the coast from Porto to S de C.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My wife and I, two golden oldies, started out from St Jean on the 4th September, hoping to complete the whole Camino to Santiago. It didn't quite work out like that, but we did rather more than a half of the distance and have now arranged to continue, from where we left off, next spring.

Putting our blog on here is rather like tossing another log on the fire, but you can find it here. I hope that you find at least some of it interesting.

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

My wife Mary and I along with friends Austin and Pauline Patterson walked the Camino from St Jean to Santiago starting on 27thMay 2013. Because we were collecting for children's charities we wrote a daily blog. The blog is candmcamino.blogspot and covers not only the 2013 Camino but also the St Francis Way from Assisi to Rome in 2014

http://freewheelingfem.blogspot.com
Mine is not a Camino blog per se but I am a long time pilgrim. Pilgrimage does not always look like the Camino de Santiago. I did not walk with a device and not only could I not post, I had a great time NOT posting... My latest post from my current seat however, IS about my time as hospitalera... Anyway if you don't think it's appropriate I can delete the link.

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

It may only be interesting to me and to my friends. Began on August 24, 2014. nancyoncamino.me

Merry Christmas to all and an abundance of all blessings in the New Year!
Especially for all those looking forward to their first Camino.
I just finished transcribing the notes from my April/May 2014 Camino Frances so here it is https://mywaycamino.wordpress.com/
All comments and questions are welcome ... as long as you keep in mind how fragile writer's ego is and how easily it can be crushed into oblivion :)

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
#pilgrim-s-14, great blog. I got the galaxy tab for Christmas and got to test it out reading your blog. I appreciate the details, As I am currently planning my trip for next year.

what was the offline app that you had for the map on the Camino? based on getting turned around once in awhile how often did you use it and what did you think of it?

@wldwl it was this one
http://maps.me/android-app-pro?get
I ve loaded GPS tracks I found in this forum

I didn't refer to it all the time nor did I have my GPS constantly on because of battery drain... But it was quite helpful in few occasions when markings were scarce and preventing me from major detours when I got lost

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I got the GPS app. It is great and also currently free right now as a promo.
Thanks for the input

I've been writing my blog for some time now having planned to walk last year and having to postpone till this year. I start on April 8th and intend on blogging when I can. Here's the link.

www.walkingmycamino.blogspot.com

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

I am an American redneck from Alabama, but my wife lives in Spain so the blog is in Spanish.
ayquedolor.blogspot.es

I have to say, I really wasn't sure if I should make the video, or even upload it, as it is kind of difficult to convey what the Camino meant to me (a few friends questioned why I would walk across Spain!?!). But after your very kind comments, I'm really glad that I did. Many thanks for taking the time to watch it, and letting me know your thoughts.

To those about to embark on it this year - have a great time, and look forward to hearing your own stories when you get back :)

Matt
Well done. Thnx for the memories.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I will be walking the Camino Frances in June-July 2015. I keep a travel blog at http://looking442.wordpress.com where I will write daily updates of my journey (though posts might not appear daily ... it just depends on wifi and mood as to when I upload my thoughts). I am currently preparing to travel to Malaysia for a self-drive trip and then Japan for a cycle tour so stories about those will be most prevalent until I head to France & Spain in late May / early June.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My blog is at http://footprintsonthecamino.blogspot.co.uk/ - I've had this blog going for over a year so there's information on my Camino Portuguese in April last year as well as walking the Pilgrims' Way in Summer last year and some general Camino posts.

I'm not many days away from setting off on this year's Camino and it's going to be a bit unusual. Me and my sister Becky are walking from Astorga which we have done twice before however, once we get to Tricastella we are meeting up with Mum and Dad.

Dad has walked several Caminos with us but this will be Mum's first, her bad back's meant that we thought she'd never be able to come with us but she's done a lot of work and is coming this year.

Tricastella to Santiago will be 'slackpacking' as Mum is going to have most of her stuff carried and will be staying in private rooms. The rest of us will be carrying own bags and staying in albergues and will usually walking about 12km a day - a lot slower than I have walked before. A part of me is very interested in seeing what the Camino is like at this speed and what, if any, difference I will see in the Camino and perhaps myself as I go.

I soon be setting off on my third camino, this time on the Mozárabe from Málaga. As usual, I shall be blogging daily live from the way and hopefully can provide some useful information on this lesser-travelled route. I have already walked from home, in an Andalucian mountain village, to Málaga and have reported on these delightful pre-camino walks through the countryside and along the coast. I set off from Málaga on
8 April and would love you to join me on my camino.
http://magwood.me/camino-mozarabe/

I have previously blogged from the camino Frances when I walked my first camino with my daughter from SJPP to Muxia and Finisterre in April/May 2013
http://magwood.me/camino-blogs/

And the camino Portuguese from Lisbon in May 2014
http://magwood.me/camino-portuguese/

You can also see my assessment of clothes and gear here

and my packing list here

I have received over 160,000 views on my blog along with lots of lovely comments, and am always keen to welcome new followers.
Buen camino!
Maggie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When planning for my Camino began I had no preconceived notion how important the relationships with others would become. This is our day-by-day account of walking the Camino Frances from September though October 2013.
I hope you get a feeling of walking the Camino with me and my "Camino Family".
http://camcamino.com

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

Mine from my first Camino in 2013 (plus the writing for the prep beforehand) is http://www.woodswomanwalking.com and I'm beginning to write a couple of entries per month in preparation for my next Camino beginning at the end of August on the Norte. I carried a MacBook Air with me and plan to do the same this time. Makes for much easier writing, and I'm working on a book conversion of the material. Happy reading, happy walking, safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back