• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

List your pilgrim blog URL Here - we want to read your story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our blogs are mostly below in my signature. You can find Terry's too from there by checking under 'my profile' on the blogs.

Unlike many others we have decided not to post while we are on the Camino this time. We want to have a break from technology and have time to be able to concentrate more on the spiritual aspect of our Camino. So for 2015 we have some early preparation entries and then will blog when we get back with photos etc too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi everyone,
I have been searching the site, but haven't been able to find a topic that just has listings of people's pilgrim blogs (all in one place)

How about sending replies here with your blog URL here so we can all easily find and read each other's Camino stories?

Mine is: http://www.caminopilgrimage.blogspot.com

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

PS, if there is a topic for this on the site already, can someone let me know?

Hi Suzanne;
I think this is a great idea.

My blog is
http://camcamino.com

Be well.
As Always.... Cam'.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hear is our blog. It is covering all of the preparation for our June 2015 Camino. Once we start form SJPDP, in June, we will continue the blog with pics along "The Way." All of the reservations have been made and we are just counting down the days!

http://lbarrettscamino.weebly.com/blog/

I live in Spain, so will be doing the camino in the fashion I like to call "Cheating the Camino" . I went on a bus ride from my house to the train station and went to Pamplona. Stayed in the alburge for the first night and took off the next day. Ended up in Burgos 2 weeks later and it was a trip to say the least-1rst 4 days in rain suit(ice, hail, high winds, rain-wet,wet,and wet). I never sweated for the first week. I will go back next year where I stopped and the goal will be Leon or Santiago(depends on
€€€€€€).

My adventure is on ayquedolor.blogspot.es

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Three weeks ago I started to walk from Amsterdam to SdC. Was not sure at that moment if I would really write, but I like it and keep doing it.
It is in dutch, but there is a google translate button on every page.
antonius.reislogger.nl

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi.
I recently ran the Camino Frances. I blogged a little before I left. Wrote a few blogs as I went along and have written the rest based on my journal (I reckon there's a book within those pages!!) Will add photos soon
Just a wonderful experience:):)

http://richrunnings.blogspot.co.uk

Hi Pilgrims!

I've just writen an article about my views on the Camino. This june was my 8th Camino and my 7th on the Frances. I hope you like it.

8 other reasons to walk the ‘Camino de Santiago

The first time I heard about the Camino was in 2008 when I was reading the novel ‘The Pilgrimage‘ by Paulo Coelho. I started reading about the different routes leading to Santiago de Compostela and wondered how it would be to cross the Pyrenees. In August 2009 me and my two best friends took our car and drove to the unofficial starting point Saint Jean Pied de Port in the French Pyrenees. Six years later I’ve walked 8 Caminos with friends, family and on my own. What started out as a physical challenge became so much more and this is why:

The whole article on the website:
http://www.ijustwannadream.org/8-other-reasons-to-walk-the-camino-de-santiago/

Via Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ijustwannadream

Greetings!

One thing that unites most pilgrims - we all love to share our experiences and our hints and tips! I have written two books about our camino treks, both on Amazon as e-books: the Via Francigena ("The Italian Camino" amzn.to/17Ks6Cb ). And Le Puy to St Jean ("My Camino in France" http://bitly.com/1BYnUgd ) by Maggie Ramsay. Thanks to everyone for posting all these things - I love reading other people's accounts - it brings back all those great (and some not-so-great, haha) memories.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello I run a photographic website of all my walks, a lot of them are Camino the website is www.caminogallery.com my blog is www.dermotdolan.blogspot.ie and I have one short you tube video of a collection of my Camino
Hope you enjoy.
Dermot (Nalod)

My sort-of-blog: "My Camino in France" (the Le Puy route) and "The Italian Camino" (the Via Francigena) are published on Amazon as ebooks - but they are very cheap :)
Maggie Ramsay

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I have previously blogged from the camino Frances when I walked my first camino with my daughter from SJPP to Muxia and Finisterre in April/May 2013
http://magwood.me/camino-blogs/

And the camino Portuguese from Lisbon in May 2014
http://magwood.me/camino-portuguese/

You can also see my assessment of clothes and gear here

and my packing list here

I have received over 160,000 views on my blog along with lots of lovely comments, and am always keen to welcome new followers.
Buen camino!
Maggie

Maggie,

Thank you for excellent blogs. I started walking Camino Frances on 16 April 2015, two years after you. Your descriptions and insights bring up my recent memories.

Victoria

The continental part of my pilgrimage is only on paper (luddite I am!) but the first chapter of the Uk leg with the trial ride - complete with dog and trailer is here - https://arcadiaramblings.wordpress.com/ click on 'Oaky's Grand Tour'
Now another day will disappear while I read other peoples blogs instead of writing....!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Our blogs are mostly below in my signature. You can find Terry's too from there by checking under 'my profile' on the blogs.

Unlike many others we have decided not to post while we are on the Camino this time. We want to have a break from technology and have time to be able to concentrate more on the spiritual aspect of our Camino. So for 2015 we have some early preparation entries and then will blog when we get back with photos etc too.
The blog of our Camino 2015 is mostly done - look under the entries for June and July to follow it. Each stage is dated from our journey out onwards and will include the journey home too; Santiago to Ferrol, then Ribadeo, Pravia, Arriondas and Santander. It is a story in itself ...:D

My wife Mary and I walked the Portuguese Camino this year and recorded a daily blog on candmcamino.blogspot. This blog also contains our daily blog for the Camino Frances (2013) and Assissi to Rome (2014).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am walking the Camino France's on August 23 ,2015.

I have started s blog:

Www.hikingdan.com

This Camino is my retirement gift to me. My blog currently has details about my training, what the Camino de Santiago is for those who are following it and have no idea.

There is humour (I hope). I have posted photos and details about the Camino from the Internet. I by no means want people thinking the photos and details are mine, so I also posted whee I got things from so I could give credit where it is due.

Once I begin, I will try to blog daily... ALL 46 days of my Camino Adventure.

Dan

Hi; my son and I got back to Canada and home on the 31st of July from our 1st Camino; it was an awesome trip. My son loved it too even though he had to put up with me 24/7 and help me with my back pack most of the time. I have some issues with my health and yet I was still able to do Serra to Santiago and Finisterre to Muxia It was a hard time but a good time and one I will never forget or regret doing We met some beautiful people and saw some wonderful things I have never traveled before so dealing with airplanes and trains was a lesson all by its self for sure. Buses didn't seem to want to take our tickets or let us on and then I was almost left on the train station platform while the door closed right behind my son when he got on the train in Burgos not letting me on Thanks to fast acting station people they got me on the train before it pulled away : Then coming back home I did a back flip on the moving stairs and landed on the back of my head at the airport in Madrid knocked my self out cold but the Madrid Security were very kind and helped me to my plane when it finally re appeared ( that's another story) ,,,, but it is okay,,, I had such a good time listening to the music being played by the fellows in the square on the night of the 27th of July before we were to leave Santiago I don't think anything could have ruined my Camino .. The songs they played brought back so many wonderful childhood memories of my mom and dad as the would waltz and polka around the house when I was a kid I couldn't help but feel happy and like I was a kid again.., any way I even got to stick my foot in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in my life Yes I had a great time thanks for all the help on this forum on stuff to get for the Camino it did help a lot but like so many others I took too much Also sounds like my son wants to do it again by him self from SJF can't blame him for that now he has had a taste of the Camino .. I would love to get one of the CD's of the fellows who were singing and playing guitars on July 27th if any one knows who they were or where I could buy a cd could you please let me know Thanks

WOW! What a GREAT experience for you both!

Your post sent me down memory lane and has put a huge smile on my face.

I went on a vacation when I was 25 with my dad (nothing like the Camino) and I have never forgotten the fun we had! Those vacation memories are what carried me through 2 very tough years when he became ill later in life. When I was doing palliative care for my father, lifting him, feeding him, carrying him, and just doing 24/7 care for him, I always thought back to the wonderful man who I went away with. I cherished the memory of sharing father/son time with him so many years ago. I am ever grateful I had some special time with my dad. I never relized at 25 how much I would cherish those memories. Currently at 53, those memories are GOLD!

I am doing my first Camino and I am leaving in 1 week. I wish I could have taken my dad, but he will be with me in spirit.

BRAVO to you and your son for sharing such a speciual trip! He will never forget sharing the Camino with you. What a gift. I hope you able to find the music you are looking for.

Salut to you both!

Dan

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
WOW! What a GREAT experience for you both!

Your post sent me down memory lane and has put a huge smile on my face.

I went on a vacation when I was 25 with my dad (nothing like the Camino) and I have never forgotten the fun we had! Those vacation memories are what carried me through 2 very tough years when he became ill later in life. When I was doing palliative care for my father, lifting him, feeding him, carrying him, and just doing 24/7 care for him, I always thought back to the wonderful man who I went away with. I cherished the memory of sharing father/son time with him so many years ago. I am ever grateful I had some special time with my dad. I never relized at 25 how much I would cherish those memories. Currently at 53, those memories are GOLD!

I am doing my first Camino and I am leaving in 1 week. I wish I could have taken my dad, but he will be with me in spirit.

BRAVO to you and your son for sharing such a speciual trip! He will never forget sharing the Camino with you. What a gift. I hope you able to find the music you are looking for.

Salut to you both!

Dan
Hi Dan;
I am so glad that you replied to my post and that you enjoyed it.
I am so very sorry about your father but glad to hear that you both had some very valuable time together and that you have good memories of him to carry you through.You are very fortunate to have had such a deep father and son bond with your Dad that is awesome I wish more men could say that about their relationships with their Fathers
But You definitely have had a hard road to travel and it isn't easy to deal with what you have gone through
You are right the good memories of our past are Gold and sometimes they do seem to get lost in the worries and cares of every day life especially when you are young. But then when you least expect it boom they are right back in your face and then you realize how awesome those times really were
I hope your right and that my son will remember our Camino and me in a positive way
I am so glad I did it and I am sure you will be too
I wish you all the best on your up coming Camino and I am sure your Dad will be right beside you every step you take.
Take Care and enjoy the moment I think your Dad would like that
Buen Camino and I hope you post about it when you get back

I begin walking the Camino Frances on Sept 2 2015.
I leave for Paris today Saturday Aug 29, and will leave Paris for SJPP on Tuesday Sept 1.

I began a blog (Sonia's Camino blog) on/off a couple of years ago and hope to be posting regularly, wifi permitting of course, from the Camino.

I have read thousands of posts over the last two years, and even though I may never have commented, or clicked the ''like'' prompt, know that I have really and truly appreciated all of those of you who have gone before me. Your advice, information and experience have been of immeasurable value to me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

https://soniaofottawa.wordpress.com/

Have a look if you'd like, and feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you.

Buen Camino

Sonia

On September 10th we started our journey along the Camino Francés from St. Jean Pied de Port. Fifty days later we arrived in Santiago de Compostela. If you would like to follow our journey, check out our blog at http://www.throughourlookingglass.ca .

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi everybody!

After 6 months of planning, reading, worrying and planning some more, myself and my partner are two days away from leaving to walk the Camino Frances.

We've left our jobs and home in London to do this and we're following it up with a jaunt around New Zealand up until Christmas. So with no fixed abode, we'll hopefully learn a valuable lesson in going with the flow and leave hectic London life far behind us.

I'll be blogging primarily to keep family and friends updated and informed on our progress, but also hope to share regular pictures from an autumnal October camino. Plus I am a writer by profession, and some things are just a bit too hard to let go of!

The address is: www.nui-hikoi.tumblr.com.

All the best,

Ruth

I walked the Camino with my 20 year old son May/June 2015 and we had the time of our lives. Great weather, no blisters for me (YES indeed) and my son had only 2 tiny ones that were managable. We're both addicts now :) . During our Camino we met pilgrims that were walking the 2nd and 3rd time.....Once back I got it. I WILL go back too in the spring of 2017.
Www.newdtcamino2015.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi; my son and I got back to Canada and home on the 31st of July from our 1st Camino; it was an awesome trip. My son loved it too even though he had to put up with me 24/7 and help me with my back pack most of the time. I have some issues with my health and yet I was still able to do Serra to Santiago and Finisterre to Muxia It was a hard time but a good time and one I will never forget or regret doing We met some beautiful people and saw some wonderful things I have never traveled before so dealing with airplanes and trains was a lesson all by its self for sure. Buses didn't seem to want to take our tickets or let us on and then I was almost left on the train station platform while the door closed right behind my son when he got on the train in Burgos not letting me on Thanks to fast acting station people they got me on the train before it pulled away : Then coming back home I did a back flip on the moving stairs and landed on the back of my head at the airport in Madrid knocked my self out cold but the Madrid Security were very kind and helped me to my plane when it finally re appeared ( that's another story) ,,,, but it is okay,,, I had such a good time listening to the music being played by the fellows in the square on the night of the 27th of July before we were to leave Santiago I don't think anything could have ruined my Camino .. The songs they played brought back so many wonderful childhood memories of my mom and dad as the would waltz and polka around the house when I was a kid I couldn't help but feel happy and like I was a kid again.., any way I even got to stick my foot in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in my life Yes I had a great time thanks for all the help on this forum on stuff to get for the Camino it did help a lot but like so many others I took too much Also sounds like my son wants to do it again by him self from SJF can't blame him for that now he has had a taste of the Camino .. I would love to get one of the CD's of the fellows who were singing and playing guitars on July 27th if any one knows who they were or where I could buy a cd could you please let me know Thanks
I walked with my 20 year old son too......SO grateful I was able to have this experience with him. We both will never forget this amazing journey!

I walked in August and September to recover from depression caused by life events. It was a remarkable and healing experience. I've written about this at the link below, and described (together with references) those factors of the Camino that can contribute to healing depressed mood or major depressive disorder, caused by life circumstances or social anxiety:

http://thedepressedbackpacker.com

I hope this well help people with a similar condition to mine. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will answer them as best as I can.

I walked in August and September to recover from depression caused by life events. It was a remarkable and healing experience. I've written about this at the link below, and described (together with references) those factors of the Camino that can contribute to healing depressed mood or major depressive disorder, caused by life circumstances or social anxiety:

http://thedepressedbackpacker.com

I hope this well help people with a similar condition to mine. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will answer them as best as I can.

An honest account and well-written; thanks for sharing. Good luck with the Kindle book and your future endeavours. Jill

€83,-
Hi, My wife and I are planning to walk from either Logrono or Burgos in May 2016 (fitness and time constraints mean we don't think we have time for the full hit). Started the blog in August intending to cover training as well, but I suspect it will cover quite a lot of non-Camino stuff as well. It's at http://pd1951.blogspot.co.uk/. I'd appreciate any comments, complimentary or otherwise and also any advice

I am done my Camino but I blogged and photographed daily
My Camino began August 23, 2015. I had blog entries prior to my departure. If you want to read daily events the start date is August 24, 2015

www.hikingdan.com

Hi everyone,
I have been searching the site, but haven't been able to find a topic that just has listings of people's pilgrim blogs (all in one place)

How about sending replies here with your blog URL here so we can all easily find and read each other's Camino stories?

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

My blog is travelingnancy.me. It includes my walk in Ireland so you can choose which one to read.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My blog is travelingnancy.me. It includes my walk in Ireland so you can choose which one to read.

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

I walked up to Burgos 10 days ago...along the way I met and had the privilege to walk with and befriend the wonderful Greg, who is a Spanish Pilgrim walking by himself and writing a short blog...nothing surprising there until you realize he is (very) partially sighted and trusting the kindness of strangers along the way......he writes in Spanish and post his daily photos at

http://losdiasdelcaminodesantisagodegreg.blogspot.com.es/?m=1

highlight and right click and "go to http" if it won't open for you

€83,-
Re: List your pilgrim blog URL Here - we want to read your stori

Not sure how interesting it will to anyone but myself, but here is mine:
http://camino.hecate.ca
Thanks for posting this Michael. I enjoyed the way you chronicled each day with the weather, and your health and also the way your companions became more and more a part of your personal story. I'll be having my birthday on the Camino which happens to be the day after yours. I, like you, have most of my anxiety about missing my family while I'm gone, and i think you captured that aspect very well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all - I walked the Portuguese Camino on my own in May last year, altho I did not stay on my own for very long because of the many wonderful people I met along the way. Here is my day to day accounting. I did all my blogging and photography on my outdated but very functional iPhone 4. This year I set off in July with my daughter in law Sharaya from Irun and walk part of the Del Norte. Portuguese blog is below...

https://ohsanada.wordpress.com/

Hi all! I am looking forward to reading more blogs and have enjoyed what I've read so far. It is good to read others' experieces along the same route we took. Everyone's journey is unique. My husband and I started walking the Camino Frances from St. Jean Pied de Port on my 70th birthday, September 10, 2015. I wrote a blog post daily and at the end of each post there is a link to a video/slideshow. Our journey took seven weeks and, with one post per day, there is quite a bit to read about and see:
Blog: http://www.throughourlookingglass.ca
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2VXQE3YEwufuurN53TOlofBdgoHOQNK

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Resurrection of a Thread!

Just to list down my "blog"... Not really a Blog Yet, But I have started firstly uploading random pictures of my caminos...
I Plan to start re-writing the pages Ive got on paper...

Buen Camino Everyone! :)

http://ultreya.tumblr.com/

Here's my blog, not just about the Camino, but also about other outdoors.
English is not my mother tongue, so excuse all the mistakes.

www.sara-danielsson.com

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We have arrived in Seville and will be blogging, but not checking the forum while we're walking.

charitywalking.wordpress.com

I blogged for my first Camino (so that my mom didn't worry about me...) and I plan to do the same thing this time around.
perpetualperegrino.blogspot.com

I didn't know there was a thread for this.

Erik and I are walking right now. April 25 - June 2, 2016. I am blogging every day family and friends. It's tough to do on an iphone and poor wifi, especially with photos, but so far I'm managing.

http://kelownagurl.com

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am currently on the Camino Frances at burgos. My blog is at http://my2016europetrip.wordpress.com

There is a map on the front page with pins that link to what I wrote at each place.

Posts are password protect so be sure to read the hint at the top of the page. I'm blocking bots not people.

I blog most days from my windows tablet PC, lots of pics. Trying to focus more on the people I am meeting rather than the places and sights, though there is plenty of both.

Hi everyone, I was named after Saint James, and the Camino popped up in my life several times over the past 8 or 9 years. I decided the universe must be telling me something when the Camino came up again just after my mother's funeral services (she was 94 and lived a good life), so I decided to walk the Camino Frances, starting in Saint Jean Pied de Port on April 18, my father's birthday. I recorded my journey in a blog using an Android tablet I carried at http://www.jim2016camino.blogspot.com/ . My 2016 Camino is complete, but as we all know, the Camino never really ends.

I feel very drawn to walk the Camino Frances again, and window of opportunity opened in my work next spring, so the planning is underway, and the draw is stronger.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I was named after Saint James, and the Camino popped up in my life several times over the past 8 or 9 years. I decided the universe must be telling me something when the Camino came up again just after my mother's funeral services (she was 94 and lived a good life), so I decided to walk the Camino Frances, starting in Saint Jean Pied de Port on April 18, my father's birthday. I recorded my journey in a blog using an Android tablet I carried at http://www.jim2016camino.blogspot.com/ . My 2016 Camino is complete, but as we all know, the Camino never really ends.

I feel very drawn to walk the Camino Frances again, and window of opportunity opened in my work next spring, so the planning is underway, and the draw is stronger.
I just finished reading your blog and really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting such a detailed account of your April and May journey.

€149,-
For anyone interested, here is my Camino blog: http://www.adventurebecca.com/category/uncategorized/traveladventures/camino2015/

I'm rolling out posts every Sunday and Thursday about my first Camino, the Camino Frances, which I completed back in July and August of 2015. The blog starts with a few advice posts based on my experiences, then continues with one post for each day of my walk.

Once the posts for my first Camino are all posted, I'll be rolling out posts about my second Camino, the Camino Portugues, which I just completed in July and August of 2016!

Buen Camino everyone! :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola everyone!

My Camino blog link ("CaminoQuest") is here - http://caminoquest.blogspot.com.au/

I walked the Camino Frances from St Jean to Santiago over a very warm summer this year, starting on 7 July 2016 and arriving in Santiago 34 days later (with one rest day at Leon). It was a simply extraordinary adventure. So much so that I've decided to travel back to Europe (from Sydney) and do it all again - followed by the Camino Portuguese from Porto - in November/December 2016. I'll probably end up adding that journey to this blog too.

Like many others of you on this thread (who inspired me to blog my Camino in the first place), mine is largely a day-by-day account with a bit more of a focus on the practical side of things. My technically proficiency is not great, so there are no photos. Just text.

I hope you find it of interest.

Hi everybody we completed our Camino late October We have put together a video blog, with tips, heaps of photos and some fun times.
Check out our youtube channel or jump to our travel blog

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

€149,-
Hello everyone,

I completed my first Camino (but definitely not my last!) on November 2, 2016. This forum was invaluable to my good experience.

My blog page with all the Camino posting are at: http://lifeafter50blog.com/camino-frances/

Many thanks to you all for your valuable advice!

Monique

We started one of the earliest Camino websites in the U.S. www.backpack45.com -- lots of info about the Camino routes (and other long-distance routes) . We have walked the Frances, Portuguese route from Porto, a bit of the Mozarabe from Granada, Geneva to LePuy to Frances, Arles route, Primitivo, and Norte. This year doing a couple of weeks of the Vezelay, FR route. I have a book out, Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago (about the Frances) and will come out with one about the Norte and Primitivo later this year.

My sort-of-blog: "My Camino in France" (the Le Puy route) and "The Italian Camino" (the Via Francigena) are published on Amazon as ebooks - but they are very cheap :)
Maggie Ramsay
Read them both and loved them. Thank you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I finished my Camino a couple of weeks ago and and am currently writing-up my experiences on my blog. As an ultra-runner it might give a slightly different perspective on the whole experience.
My blog is here https://guymawson.wordpress.com/

Still a bit of work to do but the blogs up to Santa Catalina are done! About 20,000 words so far - it's been interesting.... Lots more commentary to come!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

Hi. I just put mine together
www.caminantes.blog

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

In case it's of interest to anyone - my blog and my YouTube channel. These are designed for family and friends, so they're usually pretty rough in terms of quality. The blog is for all my travels, but this link will take you to the Camino specific section. There's not much on there yet - but more will come once I'm walking! The YouTube channel is brand new, and sadly all videos will be made with my phone only.

https://herethereand.wordpress.com/category/camino-de-santiago/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfBbULmjtWox9HK5m6JN6yQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfBbULmjtWox9HK5m6JN6yQ

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

#1134CaminoDeSantiago #DocuSeries #Intro Watch My 500 Mile Hike from the Pyreness Mountains in #France through #Spain #CaminoDeSantiago. #MyLifesJourney #El_Producer

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=430869490618670&id=290173848021569

I've just written an article on my winter camino in January and wanted to share it. I went from St Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre in 33 days, walking 1,012km (according to my phone).

Thanks to everyone here for giving me enough advice to get through it.

You can read it here https://www.asecondlife.co.uk/blog/in-search-of-suffering

Hi everyone,

I'd love to read yours!
Suzanne

I am just starting mine. www.happyhourwithjanet.com

Hi
We are currently in Nájera (day 8) and keeping our blog up to date:
kenmandyhaley.wordpress.com

Greetings,
I am James Christopher Geier, having been named for both Saint James and Saint Christopher. I walked the Camino Frances in April/May 2016, and wrote in a blog almost every day sharing my impressions and almost 400 pictures. My 2016 Camino is complete, but as we all know, the Camino never really ends. A few months after returning home to San Diego, the draw to return became strong and planning began.

I shall walk the Camino Frances again, starting in Saint Jean Pied de Port on September 12, 2017. I am planning on sharing my journey again in a blog at http://www.jimgeiercamino.wordpress.com/.

(You can also find my 2016 Camino blog at the same site, click on Archives or the plus sign in the upper left and select Archives, then at the bottom of the Archives page, select Filter by Categories and Camino 2016 - each of my past blogs is a Category.)

It was suggested that perhaps I should write a book entitled:
From San Diego to Santiago
James on the Saint James Way
Maybe...maybe.

Buen Camino!
--james geier--

Last edited:
From San Diego to Santiago
James on the Saint James Way
Nice title. The book will be harder though! :D
Greetings,
I am planning on sharing my journey again in a blog at http://www.jimgeiercamino.wordpress.com/.
(You can also find my 2016 Camino blog at the same site, click on Archives or the plus sign in the upper left and select Archives, then at the bottom of the Archives page, select Filter by Categories and Camino 2016 - each of my past blogs is a Category.)
When I click on the link you provided, it goes to the 2016 Blogger blog, rather than to the Wordpress one. I had to enter the URL separately to find the new one. I don't know if this is an issue with the way you put the link on the forum or whether there is some other "redirecting" going on. Maybe you could try editing your post by putting in the link again.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Nice title. The book will be harder though! :D

When I click on the link you provided, it goes to the 2016 Blogger blog, rather than to the Wordpress one. I had to enter the URL separately to find the new one. I don't know if this is an issue with the way you put the link on the forum or whether there is some other "redirecting" going on. Maybe you could try editing your post by putting in the link again.

Thank-you for finding that error. I have edited the post and I believe I have corrected the link.

And, yes, while I do like the title (thanks to Philippe and Marie-Pierre of Paris), I believe writing a good book is a difficult endeavor. I may not yet be up to that challenge. I'll stick to sharing my thoughts and pictures through my blog for now.

--jim--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back