• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Live from Camino Madrid

camino07

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Hi all, In Madrid and have just walked to Plaza Castilla , an easy walk , without my backpack ,along a safe Paseo. Loved seeing the slanting towers at last and having coffee at Cafe Rodilla. Caught Metro back to Sol and will repeat in am . Last night I had my credential stamped at the beautiful church of Santiago and San Juan. Cool then sunny but rain forecast. Thanks for all the info Annie , Jill and all.

Attachments

• A82BEE6A-2081-4A3F-883C-618D43053A96.jpeg
    A82BEE6A-2081-4A3F-883C-618D43053A96.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 6384018B-3C61-4571-B057-2675C0EC9124.jpeg
    6384018B-3C61-4571-B057-2675C0EC9124.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 44EB691C-A0A2-4B1C-B830-C6727BC14F21.jpeg
    44EB691C-A0A2-4B1C-B830-C6727BC14F21.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Are there any other pilgrims on this route?

Wow, OzAnnie ends, and Jennysa begins. How lucky are wel! Wishing you a snow-free pass at Fonfría. Wishing you a very buen camino, and I'm looking forward to following you, at least till Wednesday when I head to Almería! Buen camino, Laurie

Hi all, In Madrid and have just walked to Plaza Castilla , an easy walk , without my backpack ,along a safe Paseo. Loved seeing the slanting towers at last and having coffee at Cafe Rodilla. Caught Metro back to Sol and will repeat in am . Last night I had my credential stamped at the beautiful church of Santiago and San Juan. Cool then sunny but rain forecast. Thanks for all the info Annie , Jill and all.
How was the Invierno?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen camino, Heather! Look forward to seeing your posts when you are able. I will be out there a month from now.

Go well! I am following with interest as off to walk this route in a few weeks.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Go well! I am following with interest as off to walk this route in a few weeks.
I find it amazing how many forum member were or are or plan to walk this beautiful Camino this year. If my count is correct there were 3, 3 on their way and at least 3 more to follow in approx.two weeks. And that's only in March and April!

Let's see if Invierno gets similar numbers.

Go Heather...have a safe and good walk...we will drink a toast to you this morning when we finish our walk at Point Walter...hugs.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino Heather. This is on my Wishlist.

Got an early start to beat the threatened rain. On my way to the Metro I came upon a taxi and thought what the heck! So taxied to Plaza Castilla and found Cafe closed so had to have my first Camino breakfast in McDonalds it was a relief to get out of the city into nature . Fantastic way marking by the Amigos up to total confusion for me near Tres Cantos. Looking for Annie’s billboard. Came to many paths crossing and arrow straight on but there was a big Orange, metal bridge that looked right . Anyway I was worried that the arrow was leading to Colmenar asked a man and he said take the next bridge. Red metal but when I crossed there was nothing to say go right or left. I took right and walked around the whole city before finding the Hotel Jardín. I obviously should have walked further and taken the fourth bridge. I have directions and I’ll let you know how I get back on track. Sorry this is so long winded. Praying the stream crossings are not too bad. No pilgrims so far.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen Camino Heather
When we were confused, it was Jill who had been counting the bridges across the highway (based on info in Johnny walker guide ) and although it wasn’t clear at the time , he says there are 3 bridges , the last one opposite hotel Fora. We made our way across the road traffic roundabout there and into tres cantos.
I’m hoping you don’t have to get cold feet at the streams.
I’ve got rain here too. It hasn’t been ‘full on’ yet.
I’ll be looking in here to see how you are finding it .
Ps. Most of the walkers were forum members. We at one time had 6 from forum but mainly 3 of us. We met a French couple in albergue In Alcazarén.
No others.
Also, at this time of year the albergues are your very own private hotel ., no one to keep you awake and no one comes to kick you out early. You can take your time leaving.
Annie

Got an early start to beat the threatened rain. On my way to the Metro I came upon a taxi and thought what the heck! So taxied to Plaza Castilla and found Cafe closed so had to have my first Camino breakfast in McDonalds it was a relief to get out of the city into nature . Fantastic way marking by the Amigos up to total confusion for me near Tres Cantos. Looking for Annie’s billboard. Came to many paths crossing and arrow straight on but there was a big Orange, metal bridge that looked right . Anyway I was worried that the arrow was leading to Colmenar asked a man and he said take the next bridge. Red metal but when I crossed there was nothing to say go right or left. I took right and walked around the whole city before finding the Hotel Jardín. I obviously should have walked further and taken the fourth bridge. I have directions and I’ll let you know how I get back on track. Sorry this is so long winded. Praying the stream crossings are not too bad. No pilgrims so far.
If you look at my Live reports here last year you'll see that was the only place along the whole way I came adrift! :(:(And getting out next morning too. :(:(:(After that, no problems. :):):)

Buen Camino Heather
When we were confused, it was Jill who had been counting the bridges across the highway (based on info in Johnny walker guide ) and although it wasn’t clear at the time , he says there are 3 bridges , the last one opposite hotel Fora. We made our way across the road traffic roundabout there and into tres cantos.
Ps. Most of the walkers were forum members. We at one time had 6 from forum but mainly 3 of us. We met a French couple in albergue In Alcazarén.
No others.v
Also, at this time of year the albergues are your very own private hotel ., no one to keep you awake and no one comes to kick you out early. You can take your time leaving.
Annie[/

Well, so sad but that’s the end of my Camino Madrid, maybe finish it next year. Just spent hours in Hospital having scan and bloods but no signs of bad things. I have to report to Neurologist back home for further tests but not urgent unless I have any more signs. Back in Madrid and will decide what to do. I need to be where there are people. Maybe back on the Frances. Can’t remember one step from TresCantos to Colmenar although have 3 photos to prove I crossed that bridge. Met wonderful Camino Angels in Colmenar, dear Eva who drove me to hospital and stayed with me to translate also Mariana In the lovely Hostal Chiscon who looked after me in my vague state. Thank you both.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen Camino Heather
No others.v
Annie[/

Well, so sad but that’s the end of my Camino Madrid, maybe finish it next year. Just spent hours in Hospital having scan and bloods but no signs of bad things. I have to report to Neurologist back home for further tests but not urgent unless I have any more signs. Back in Madrid and will decide what to do. I need to be where there are people. Maybe back on the Frances. Can’t remember one step from TresCantos to Colmenar although have 3 photos to prove I crossed that bridge. Met wonderful Camino Angels in Colmenar, dear Eva who drove me to hospital and stayed with me to translate also Mariana In the lovely Hostal Chiscon who looked after me in my vague state. Thank you both.

Oh Heather
I don’t know what happened but I feel for you
It is very sad but the camino will be better when you have looked after yourself, and weather is more favourable.
Thank goodness someone was there for you.

I wish we could have been with you !
Take care and please let us know

Annie

Oh, that's really sad but I'm glad you're OK.

First impression I got from your description what has happened was dehydration but given the temps I don't think that's the cause. Be careful whatever the reason for not remembering the walk might be! Rest.

Ultreia!

Hope you will be fine now, Heather. Take care. You will feel better with more people around you.

Oh Heather, how nasty. I hope you recover soon. Such a disappointment.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.