• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from Segovia

camino07

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Well, I made it to Segovia after a long climb up the Calzada Romana and over the top. I enjoyed the downhill and only the last couple of hours started to suffer. It took me an hour to find my lovely Hostel Natura but now I'm happily sitting the Plaza with my first G andT
Since Madrid. I'm staying two night to recuperate. Last night it was great to meet up with my forum friends Alberta girl and Lindam and hubby at the Juvenil Las Dehasas. Won't see much of them as we are all going different ways.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, I made it to Segovia after a long climb up the Calzada Romana and over the top. I enjoyed the downhill and only the last couple of hours started to suffer. It took me an hour to find my lovely Hostel Natura but now I'm happily sitting the Plaza with my first G andT
Since Madrid. I'm staying two night to recuperate. Last night it was great to meet up with my forum friends Alberta girl and Lindam and hubby at the Juvenil Las Dehasas. Won't see much of them as we are all going different ways.
Such good news! One of the world’s most beautiful “built environment” sites, IMO, is the Segovia aqueduct at night. Hope you aren’t too tired to enjoy it. Now that they’ve gotten the cars away from the aqueduct, it is really an amazing experience to see it all lit up.

P.s. I gave your thread a “live from the camino” prefix.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sadly won't be able to walk 32kms tomorrow so will take a taxi for 8 KMs. Painful blisters on ball of my foot.

Sorry to hear about your blisters. Wish I could beam you over some sheep’s wool. Thanks to the forum, it is now my blister prevention material.
Tried it and it didn't work for me. Just turned into a wet string between my toes, thanks anyway.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Attempting to add photos

Attachments

• B443B9AC-BF66-44A5-B453-0E96D932CF84.jpeg
    B443B9AC-BF66-44A5-B453-0E96D932CF84.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 4239C2AF-EE59-4F67-A969-21C17F0A5727.jpeg
    4239C2AF-EE59-4F67-A969-21C17F0A5727.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 79059ADF-6824-4FB4-B8BF-95A154A09B26.jpeg
    79059ADF-6824-4FB4-B8BF-95A154A09B26.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • C2BB5A8C-46D8-4B48-9ACB-073DE4E13815.jpeg
    C2BB5A8C-46D8-4B48-9ACB-073DE4E13815.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • E85C2D5A-1D47-468B-9DE4-B707037A6729.jpeg
    E85C2D5A-1D47-468B-9DE4-B707037A6729.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 9855DE2D-F2C6-4CF2-A0E0-FECF4488AE4B.jpeg
    9855DE2D-F2C6-4CF2-A0E0-FECF4488AE4B.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Well done on reaching Segovia! I also found that last couple of hours really tough and wandered around in circles when I eventually reached the city. I was so tired that I could barely speak.

Did you stop to listen to the frogs? That was one of my favourite parts of the walk towards Segovia.

I hope your blisters heal and that you enjoy tomorrow's walk.

1rrEGBc%SzeAjnqVClXzpQ.jpg
View attachment ScJD8RY7TO+PrsHiUg6gWg.MOV

Well done on reaching Segovia! I also found that last couple of hours really tough and wandered around in circles when I eventually reached the city. I was so tired that I could barely speak.

Did you stop to listen to the frogs? That was one of my favourite parts of the walk towards Segovia.

I hope your blisters heal and that you enjoy tomorrow's walk.

View attachment 65310
View attachment 65309
I saw that place but no croaks.Too hot probably. Thanks for the video.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hope your blisters are not causing you much grief. It was the sun that I found relentless today (even on the last day of September)!

Tried it and it didn't work for me. Just turned into a wet string between my toes, thanks anyway.
“Silk tape” has changed my life. Not sure if you can find it in Spain. I always bring a small roll with me. It can stay in place for days if needed even after multiple showers and tears by hand.

Just had the best Menu del dia for 10 euros downstairs in Hotel Real Segovia. 30degrees outside. Hotter than yesterday.
You’ve really earned some treats on this route Heather .
You’ve done so well. I yearn to be back there -
So sorry to hear the blisters are trying to get a free ride with you. So annoying.
Apart from the blisters .. I’m sooo envious.
Just you kick back and really enjoy each moment
Buen camino
Annie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You’ve really earned some treats on this route Heather .
You’ve done so well. I yearn to be back there -
So sorry to hear the blisters are trying to get a free ride with you. So annoying.
Apart from the blisters .. I’m sooo envious.
Just you kick back and really enjoy each moment
Buen camino
Annie
Can't believe it! I've lost my hat 🤨

Albergue was fine, only 5 euros with a kitchen. Full house: 6 pilgrims. In Coca today, enjoyed the walk through the pine forests. Better try to buy a new hat, plenty of sun in the forecast in the coming days.

Albergue was fine, only 5 euros with a kitchen. Full house: 6 pilgrims. In Coca today, enjoyed the walk through the pine forests. Better try to buy a new hat, plenty of sun in the forecast in the coming days.
take your time getting a new hat. I lost my first hat when I walked the Portuguese, somewhere after crossing the amazing bridge... I bought a few since, but would have been better to improvise till I found what was best for my noggin...

This is a great Camino in my opinion, especially since you can do the walk in two weeks. I am surprised it has not become more popular. It is like a mini Frances. Mountains early followed by Pine forests and then Meseta.

Enjoy the rest of your walk.

Ultreya,
Joe

I went back to the lunch spot and it was there. Have a nice couple from Argentina to walk with . In Coca now,own room. Did you lose a Pearl ear ring? I have it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Love reading these communications buzzing up and down the Camino de Madrid. I too lost a hat last year. Since it was so sunny, I stopped and bought a 2 euro straw thing till I got to Granada and a proper store. My friends told me I looked like Minnie Pearl. So glad you got yours back, Heather, hats are such a beloved personal possession on the Camino!

Buen camino amigas. Is @Albertagirl with either of you? Hard to keep track of all these trekking peregrinas! Laurie

Attachments

• 05A8AE52-0E15-45E8-9B59-62F1FF32108D.jpeg
    05A8AE52-0E15-45E8-9B59-62F1FF32108D.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 10
Love reading these communications buzzing up and down the Camino de Madrid. I too lost a hat last year. Since it was so sunny, I stopped and bought a 2 euro straw thing till I got to Granada and a proper store. My friends told me I looked like Minnie Pearl. So glad you got yours back, Heather, hats are such a beloved personal possession on the Camino!

Buen camino amigas. Is @Albertagirl with either of you? Hard to keep track of all these trekking peregrinas! Laurie
It did the trick tho Laurie but certainly a change to how I remember you.
I too am enjoying the ‘to and fro’ in this thread ., it really takes me back .
Good to know you found ‘your’ hat Heather . I’ve lost one before also and ended up with a straw one for a while too - very very personal items.
It must have been on another thread that I read that the 3 Peregrinas caught up for a meal in Segovia. It’s so lovely to make a live connection with a forum friend.
I hope you bump into one another again.
It seems that there are more people out there at the moment though Heather as you’ve found another couple.
Buen camino
Annie

Edit: loved Coca. Good memories

It did the trick tho Laurie but certainly a change to how I remember you.
I too am enjoying the ‘to and fro’ in this thread ., it really takes me back .
Good to know you found ‘your’ hat Heather . I’ve lost one before also and ended up with a straw one for a while too - very very personal items.
It must have been on another thread that I read that the 3 Peregrinas caught up for a meal in Segovia. It’s so lovely to make a live connection with a forum friend.
I hope you bump into one another again.
It seems that there are more people out there at the moment though Heather as you’ve found another couple.
Buen camino
Annie

Edit: loved Coca. Good memories
Mind you it's torture. Long, hot stages. I get a new blister every day. I see Lindam,s name in the registers they are a day ahead. There are 6 pilgrims with them. We have enjoyed being 3 but today in Alcazaren there are two men who stayed in Villaquilla. Getting used to Albergue living. I think Alberta girl must be a day behind, hope she has company.

One of my favorite Albergues is the Community Albergue in the Villalon de Campos. Run by the local Association and it has everything. Including a nice Living room area with comfortable couches. Several options including a nice hotel restaurant.

Ultreya,
Joe

Thick Sanitary pads, as insoles to help the cushioning. The thinner ones make great bandaids for larger blisters. Give it a try. Wishing you speedy healing. Ultreia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back