• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from Seville

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I don´t see my earlier post so I´m reposting this. Sorry if it´s a repeat.

Joe and I arrived in Santiago after a grueling forty0some hours of travel. We stayed two nights, then took the ALSA bus down to Seville, another 12 hour trip.

The trip was interesting because we got to see the path we´ll be walking.

We´ve been here one night and a day. It´s about 105 degrees today... HOT! We will take the bus to Italica after the Mass in the morning at the Cathedral, and then begin walking. You can see my blog if you´d like more about our travels. In it, I also give information on how to get your Credentials here in Seville. the guidebooks are wrong, you cannot get them at the Cathedral ... at least we could not today.

Anyway... gotta run... hotel computer with line.

It´s awesome to be in Spain!

Here´s the blog address

http://caminosantiago2.blogspot.com/

I´ll try to write more in a few days.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino, Annie! Just 9 more sleeps for me and I will be on my way. Ironically, I will end up in Seville to catch my flight home. Have a wonderful walk. Looking forward to hearing more.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We tossed in the towel yesterday. The VDLP was WAY too hot for us. 106 degrees is a bit hot when you are walking in it for 8 hours straight with no shade and no water. Rebecca tried to warn me :D

So we bussed to Leon and are going to walk very slowly to Santiago then decide where to walk from there. I´ve had difficulty finding internet on the via because by the time you reach a town, the internet places are closed because of the heat. Anyone attempting this route in summer is NUTSOLA! hahaha

I will update my blog when I´m able.

Me

Annie, I was fearful that you would run into that kind of heat in August. For a lady from Portland you need cooler weather. :D

VDLP will wait for another day when there is not such killer heat. The great thing is that you can easily rearrange your plans and explore another part of the Camino. I hope you do not despair too much because of this change, but rather embrace it as if this was the plan all along. It is the right choice and will lead to a more enjoyable Way.

Make it great,

Michael in Seattle

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We were in Cordoba when you were walking and you did the right thing. It was hot,hot,hot.

I know from cycling how long the stages are and how little shade there is early on the VdlP it would have been very unpleasant.

Hi Annie,

I was either one day ahead or one behind you.

I can confirm that it;s hot on the VDLP right now.

I had to spend two days in Zafra to care to a bad foot, something that has never happened before. I suspect it,s due to lack of water.

I am back on he road now but worried. I might have to change plan also and join my wife who,s on the camino Frances right now somewhere pass Logrono.

Cheers
Jean-Marc

Hahaha! I woke up this morning and had to put on a sweater! Kowabunga what a change! the CF is very pleasant. We enjoyed our walk yesterday and are looking forward to today. Since we have so much extra time now, we´ve decided to only walk 10 to 15 k per day, can you imagine!?

Last night we stayed in a lovely hostal called Refugio de Jesus in Vila de Mazarife! What a cool place! Perigrinos have decorated the walls with art and writing. There is a swimming pool, two kitchens, several bath-showers, lots of beds, and it certainly was not crowded. Maybe a total of 20 pilgrims. Lots of fun with the hobbit house and viking boat in the yard!

Today we go to Hospital de Orbigo.
Maybe we´ll ship our tent to Ivar since it´s getting too cool to camp here.

I´m happy to be on the Frances again. It will feel good to finish what we started. Apparently that is what we are meant to do. The Camino knows best! :D

We went to Mass here last night in the small church in the square. I was surprised how short the Mass was. A bit different from home. Also, LOTS of standing where we kneel in America. Harsh on pilgrim feet. :lol: But a sweet experience in a lovely little restored church here.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back