• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from the Aragones

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Hey hey hey! I made it to Pamplona and stayed at a VERY cool alburgue along the river there. Then took the only bus on Sundays to Jaca today.

The ride was SPECTACULAR and I cannot wait to begin walking tomorrow morning. I will walk slowly, maybe half stages and try to keep in touch when possible.

The Municipal alburgue here is a ghost town.. not many perigrinos right now anyway. But it is clean, nice, and has a good kitchen.

Ok.. that is it. The sun is shining... pray for more!

Annie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Re: Live from JACA

Wonderful! You have the luck to be on a quiet camino. Walking in smaller stages sounds so right. Savour, relax.

I remember this peace from a long time ago and it is to be treasured.

Enjoy! D'ya hear?! :D
:arrow:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re: Live from JACA

Jaca is a place name I imagine in my future! Go well, and we look forward to hearing more about it.
Margaret

Re: Live from the Aragonese

I published a blog that I am unable to cut and paste about my attempt to reach the Monastery today. Those of you planning on walking this route should maybe read it.

This is an older message. Decided to make it one topic

I am in Sta. Celia tonight. Nice hostel with 20 beds. Nobdy here but me, a German boy, and a French couple. They have a FREE washer and FREE dryer. Holy Moly, I was happy to see that.

I am chuckling at this German boy who is expecting free washers and dryers and nice clean bugfree alburgues all the way to Santiago. I hope he gets his dream.

He, by the way, DID make it to the Monastery today. He tells me from Sta. Celia, it took 4 hours up and 4 hours back, which seems about right. I hiked 5 hours from Jaca and did not make it... read the blog for more info.

Tired, so going to sign off. Hope to run into some of you on the road. This is a SPECTACULAR Camino, and not difficult so far (unless you attempt the hike to the Monastery).

Love and Kisses,
Annie

After Sta. Celia (9 euro) and a very nice alburgue, I walked to Arres. This is a BEAUTIFUL little town atop a mountain, and when you come around the hill and see it, it´s like a fairytale village! The alburgue was donativo, the only one along the route so far. There were few pilgrims that night, maybe 6, and we had a lovely dinner and breakfast next morning. I really enjoyed my stay here. I ran into a lady I met on the bus to Pamplona. She had fallen on her way into Arres, and had the same two shiners that Wolverine had!

From Arres, I walked to Artieda and planned to sleep there. But the lady who ran the Pilgrim Alburgue(10 euro) there was horribly rude. So I ate my meal (which was good for 9 euro), grabbed my gear and continued on to Ruesta.

Ruesta was fantastic! The walk there was flat, but the bugs were horrible on the way in. You walk through a very tight path through forest, and you cannot stop for the mosquito swarms. If you look carefully, however, there is an OPEN pathway where a farmer drives his tractor right next to the tight path... I figured that out and the rest of the walk was nice.

The hostel is very nice at 9 euro. The dinner was also offered, but I had food to eat. I believe it was 10 euro and my French friends said it was very good. He also offered breakfast and a picnic breakfast for 3 euro, which I accepted and enjoyed.

From Ruesta, the walk was difficult, similar to the climb up Alto Perdon, but longer. And once at the top of the hill, the wind began to blow. It was like walking in a hurricane the rest of the way, with 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. By the time we reached Sanguesa, we were torn to pieces and battered... It took about 2 hours longer than usual because of the wind in our faces. I cannot describe it except it was STRONG and COLD.

After battling the winds again this morning, we decided at Monreal to take the bus to Pamplona and walk to Puente la Reina tomorrow from there. The wind is just too strong and it makes walking very difficult.

All in all, the Aragones is a spectacular route and I would highly recommend it for someone who is considering a Camino, even for their first. There is nothing on it as difficult as the stretch from San Jean Pied du Port to Roncevalles... and the scenery is just as incredible!

Ok.. that´s my report. Time to eat and sleep.. Gotta walk again tomorrow.

Oh yes.. P.S. Not one single bedbug was spied along this route! :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back