• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from the Camino Frances

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We had high winds on Monday, from Orisson to Roncesvalles. It was really intense, but we were so grateful to have made it over before the rain started on Tuesday.

Be safe and enjoy!

The jet stream is currently positioned over northern Spain which explains these conditions and also why it is cold and wet here to the north of it. Hope it moves north of us soon so we can get some summer weather.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Helloooooo ! Next day was an adventure for 5 of our walkers. They had fog, rain, sleet, snow, and hail going over the pass!

I was warm in front of a fire with the three who decided to taxi!

Eileene! It was so nice to run into you! That forum patch worked its magic! Thanks Ivar!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Brrrrr! In chilly Logrono today. In a private where the mgmt turned off the heat last week because it was 30 degrees. Today I have icicles on my toes. Want to go for tapas but can't get warm. Have had two hot baths so can't complain too much. Am seeing way more injuries on the Camino than ever before and hearing over and over of 'completo' albergues.

Maybe next year is the year I do a cross country tour of the good old USA! I think I'm getting old!

Hi Annie,

I'm just about to leave Estella for (I don't know where yet). I met a couple of Forum members along the Way, Eileene and Roger from near Coventry in England who said they had met you.

For anyone else reading this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's wonderful doing this lovely thing:D ! My blog link below might help you make decisions, recall fond memories or drive you deeper into the post-Camino blues:eek:

Buen Camino from a very, very, happy man:p

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Annie,

I'm just about to leave Estella for (I don't know where yet). I met a couple of Forum members along the Way, Eileene and Roger from near Coventry in England who said they had met you.

For anyone else reading this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's wonderful doing this lovely thing:D ! My blog link below might help you make decisions, recall fond memories or drive you deeper into the post-Camino blues:eek:

Buen Camino from a very, very, happy man:p
Really enjoyed your post John. I am interested in knowing how you are coping with the terrain because that will be us in September, and the photos are lovely. Buen Camino

Leaving Castlerojeia - do yourself a favour stay at Camping Camino de Santiago which is at the start of town 15Euro a person for a private room - order the lamb dinner 39 euro for two it's wonderful - they are on Facebook as Camping Camino de Santiago but they need three hours to cook it

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Mmmmmmmmm! Lamb!

Today our group buses to Burgos. Looks cold there too. But Leon, the next day, looks like we might actually see the sun! I'm going to try to find the LDS chapel and attend church, we get in so early.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sunday in Leon is magic. Mass at the Carhedral (I couldn't find the LDS chapel) then a nice trip to the fantastic Cathedral museum. Lunch was fantastic at the Restaurante Catedral (11 euros) and tonight we will attend the pilgrim Mass at San Isidro. And...the SUN is shining!!! Tomorrow is Astorga and then we walk to Santiago.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Luxurious night at The Spa Hotel. Tomorrow we resume walking. It's been a nice three day rest. Weather looks sunny!
Great breakfast at the Spa!

Hi JohnMcM

Sorry we had such a brief meeting. Hope you enjoyed Pamplona. We also met Caminochris in Viskarret. Weather has been great though a bit hot today for walking. We are in Villamayor de Monjardin. Still doing a slow Camino due to Gordon's knee. We've met some wonderful people & are soaking in the scenery.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
[QU OTE="clearskies, post: 216646, member: 24719"]I wonder how @Rani and @HalfDomeOrBust are getting on respectively.
I was due to start with Rani before I postponed.

David[/QUOTE]
Alive and kicking. About 3 days ahead of anniesantiago

Alive and kicking. About 3 days ahead of anniesantiago

Ah great stuff..I hope the weather has improved for you![/QUOTE]
Yes yes yes!!!! Just a bit of rain yesterday but not too bad. Looks like some rain tomorrow but who cares. I am sooooo close to Santiago now I can smell its sweetness!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Can anyone help me as I need to know where I can put my back pack in Santiago while I attend mass at noon tomorrow? Thank you!!!!
Ed

As posted by Johnnie Walker, Aug. 15, 2013--
"The cathedral has opened a new consigna which offers a wide range of services - consigna, bicycle return, free computers and boarding pass printing service. It is located at number 15 Rua do Vilar adjacent to the Pilgrims´Office."

How about back pack storage? I don't need a bike as I've had enough of them running me over last few weeks. Thx.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Today we picked up our credentials for the Cotalaya. They are 1,50 and can be purchased at the church at O Cebreiro. They are quite pretty.

My feet have done great all the way from Madrid but yesterday's flat walk to Villafranca raised a big blister on my small toe and one on each large toe. Go figure. Painful enough that I limped to within 3 k if Sarria today then gave in and called a taxi. What's up with last minute blisters??

Tomorrow we walk to Portomarin. The weather is looking stormy. But the hot Caldo makes me forget.

Annie

Good luck Annie. I am sure you will get those blisters fixed soon and you will be zipping along. Ed

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just a late post related to pack storage on arrival in Santiago.
Although I didn't need it last year as dropped bags at accommodation first; when we arrived in 2012 and first went to the pilgrim office for our Compostela, they had an adjoining area where we could leave our packs. Would this be 'one and the same' as the same place mentioned by MM in posts above?

Portomarin was full of pilgrims who had to move on. The Camino is teeming with people! I can't imagine what it will be like later in the summer. I suggest people reserve space if they can't walk more than 20-26 k.

Today we go to Palas. My feet are a little better. Yesterday I made it as far as Ferreiros. Today, we will see.

I'm tired. Homesick. The same way I always feel at this stage of the route. For me the Camino is a lot like labor and delivery. In the last few stages I often say, 'This is the LAST time!' Then two weeks after I return home, I'm making plans for the next Camino! Lol.

My Dad walks to Rabanal today. If you happen to meet him, please say hello.
Apparently, he's regaling fellow pilgrims with his renditions of 'Danny Boy'. He's in his element!

Many pilgrims are walking on through Arzua to Salceda to get to Santiago for the big summer Solstice celebrations tomorrow. Good luck to them I'm relaxing in the beautiful Via Lactea Albergue

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back