• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from the Camino - in more ways than one!!

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yoohoooo!! Daddy has just arrived!

Uh-oh! One of the eggs is not being sat on. Mum has forgotten one :cry: ....don't know why this happens. Dad's out hunting for frogs again.

I'm addicted to this site just as I am to monitoring the chicks' progress as I walk along the camino - I've stumbled many a time gazing upward trying to get a good view of them!

lyne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Whew - OK - nevermind - she just got up and all five were under her - don't know what that was that looked like another egg.

lynne

This site is facinating. I can't stop watching the activities. Dad did a few household duties this morning, generally tidying up loose ends of twigs and making the home more presentable. (After all, they are permanently on the Web-cam)! Can't wait for the chicks to hatch. Thanks so much Sil for sharing this site - it's one of the best. The storks have always played an important part for me on the Camino, at least during the Spring and early Summer. I really missed their activities when we chose to walk in mid-September last year.Anne

As soon as I got up I visited Stella and Ayud but the webcam seems to be off air this morning. I felt like calling th hotel to tell them!! How can they do this to us??

Attachments

• Storks.jpg
    Storks.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,757
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yay! They're back! (Did you call, Sil? :wink: )

lynne

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There´s a similar sight available to pilgrims presently on the camino. As the trail between Mansilla de las Mulas and Leon passes by the little village of Arcahueja, look into the valley below you and you´ll see a stork´s nest on top the hermitage. As you approach your path will take you within a hundred meters of the nest, with a view from above, right INTO the nest. When I passed there about 3 weeks ago there were three eggs in there... maybe they are chicks by now?

Reb.

Gees! I'm suffering from withdrawel symptoms - I feel like an expectant grandmother who is going to miss the birth! The webcam has been Off-Air since last night.

YEEEE...HAAAAAA!!!

THE BABIES HAVE HATCHED!!!!!!!!!!

There are three so far - we watched one breaking through this morning - AMAZING!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
now i'm hooked! this is better than the discovery channel!

Estella and Ayud have been doing housekeeping! But, there are still only 2 babies - the other was a bit of broken egg and fluff!
Livestream are welcoming names. How about Saint's names? Ferdinand and Elizabeth (of Aragon), San Juan, Fermin, and Tiago (of course!)

Now there are three!!!

They must be freezing when mom stands up - it's cold - hurry up and get your feathers!!

lynne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have still been watching these storks.... quite a distraction!!!! All five chicks hatched out, but only two have survived so far. These two are now growing apace! Here are a couple of recent screen shots:

Attachments

• storks 4 June 9.05am ST.jpg
    storks 4 June 9.05am ST.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 842
  • 31 May 6.15am ST wings.jpg
    31 May 6.15am ST wings.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 841
Margaret I don't want to know but I have to ask.......what happened to the others?
( :( ) this is me with my hands over my ears by the way!
Nell

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nell..... I don't think anyone knows for sure.... they just died. One day I saw an active one that looked quite sturdy, one of the bigger ones, and a few hours later it was lying dead in the nest. But since then the remaining two have been doing very well. For a while it was a bit concerning, as there was a huge size difference between the chicks, and it seemed like the smaller one couldn't get enough food. But it has shown plenty of spunk and seems to have grown tremendously.
Margaret

At one time there were only 3 babies left. Then I had no Internet for about 10 days and when we were reconnected, there were only two babies in the nest. On the Ustream chat group, someone said that the father had eaten the baby when it died. That's life, I suppose.
(Reminds me of Bill Cosby who said to one of his children, "I brought you into this world and I can take you out!)

sillydoll said:
On the Ustream chat group, someone said that the father had eaten the baby when it died. That's life, I suppose.

Admirably sanguine Sil.... but I think thats taking 'recycling' just a tad too far!
Nell

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back